Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sorta new

Re: Sorta new

No most of the costs were for parts, engine, coils, TC arms, FMIC, turbo, ECU, brakes, oil cooler, radiator, etc. etc. etc.

The only cosmetic on that thing is the paint which cost me $1200 cause my uncle did it, the $100 wood steering wheel overnighted parts from japan... lawl. and $600 in wheels if you count that.

And your coils and crap wont rust if you spend the money and buy GOOD ones. And it GREATLY improves the fun of driving your car. Turning, stability, traction... its the best performance you can buy for the money, hands down. On top of that if you do buy good ones and not cheap Megan crap then you also can rebuild them when necessary, you will have great handling forever in a sense.

Thats pretty much all my brother has on his car and its just as much fun to drive as mine even though its not turboed.

my point is mainly your car has plenty of power to have fun in and still daily drive... and when you start chipping ECUs and other garbage its no longer going to be a daily driver as well... cause its gonna break faster then if you just did suspension, exhaust and wheels.

I mean just a way to look at it. take my info how you will... if i had it to do again i would just do what my brother did and keep the KA24DE, same amount of fun, no spun bearings, blown clutch, blown turbos, front main seals, etc. etc. etc. I would have saved thousands of dollars and been able to do everything i wanted.

I see what your saying. How stiff of a ride are coilovers though? If I did get coilovers, I guess that would save me from having to match up some shocks with springs. I would also want to contact my dealership and find out exactly what voids my warranty lol, might not wanna do anything till thats up. Thanks for the insight Dragon

well mine are pretty fricken stiff. But they also have a dampening adjustment to change the stiffness. Regardless its going to be a more bumpy ride then the super soft stuff most cars come stock with. You have to trade some comfort for performance in this case.

But yeah i never even thought about the voiding of the warranty thing. You will have to check that out... i cant imagine it being a problem, i mean you are just taking off the shocks and springs. But who knows with these car companies now adays.

I pieced my own exhuat together to save some money (the rust pitting shows so) the exhaust is very easy to install your self. i would do that you self rather then paying someone to do it.... or you could pay me a little bit and help....

I just bought a front and rear sway bar set with new rear end links and poly bushings and it was 350 from RaliTek. however im still fighting two nuts on the front sway bar
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric

you got a lift or just jack stands?

i just used two jack stands. I did the cat back by my slef and had a sore neck the next day... that kinda sucks but its pretty straight forward.
    Im not driving fast, Im flying low.

1995 Mazda Miata - Autocross Warrior
    2000 Subaru 2.5RS - Custom turbo @ 6psi
    1997 S10 - work horse

2005 Z51 Corvette 508whp NA - sold :'( "this one still hurts"
    2007 WRX - 13.2 @ 102mph 1.7 60ft -(sold)
    2003 FZ1 - 10.995 @ 124.5mph - (sold
    2006 R6s -10.998 @ 121mph - (sold)

Name- Eric

guess it cant be too hard then lol, wish I had a lift