Thread: FS: 97 grand am SE

FS: 97 grand am SE

I have a 97 grand am SE for sale. Has the 3100 v-6 and auto with 112k miles. No pictures yet but if enough interest I will get some. Heat works, no idea on a/c as I havent used it.

Good:
    Car drives good,handles good, tires are 60-70% at least, but I dont have a tread depth gauge to get exact measurements.
    Aftermarket cd player.
    Grey interior that is not tore up just dirty from use.
    Did not notice any rust.
    Did not notice any major dents or dings either.

Bad:
    Has an oil leak. Its leaks fast enough to get a small little stream going. Its hits the top of the starter and then rolls down the starter and onto the ground. I have no idea where this leak is coming from and really dont want to put what time I have at home into fixing this.
    Also, driver side window when about halfway up starts going up weird. The part closest to the door handle goes up while the part close to the mirror stays. You have to coach it up basically. Havent looked into it as its not exactly warm enough to drive with the windows down.

Their is nothing wrong with the car other then that leak that I am aware of at this point. The oil on the dipstick looks clean, no signs of coolant. And no signs of oil in the coolant reservoir either.

I know my description isnt the best but please feel free to ask as many questions as possible and I will try and get some pictures shortly since they will help answer questions I'm sure. I have no owned this car long, still need to transfer title as I already signed it and I pretty much drove the car home and around town a couple times and noticed the oil on the floor in the garage and now it sits.

According to Kbb, this car private party value is $2,130 in fair condition.

I would like to get $1,500 or BEST OFFER for the car. Also interested in trades for dirt bike, motorcycle or another car along this size for gas mileage purposes and I will throw money in on my end if the car is worth more then mine.

Re: FS: 97 grand am SE

Oil leak has been fixed. Will be getting a new battery shortly. Cars runs great, no problems other then the drivers window.