Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom piece for a certain Evo

IAF Team Member

Custom piece for a certain Evo

Re: Custom piece for a certain Evo

Looks nice, but seems lacking in triangulation for strength. Then again I dont know where it goes. This doesnt add another bar but moves them to make them support off of each other. I assume their wasnt room for a 3rd is why its not their.

Yeah, I'd work on that a bit. The bolt on top looks like it is loaded in shear, and your rods would then be in a bending load. Maybe it's not heavily loaded, but it looks like a torque mount to me, which is.

I would use a design more similar to the stock piece. The rod in the stock mount is loaded in tension/compression, which is optimal. So if you used a machined aluminum mount to replace the stock cast and aluminum part, then used a small tube with threaded rod ends/heims for easy alignment.

IAF Team Member

Just to clarify this is just a proto-type yet. It's going on a motor that has very little to no movement so keep that in mind. A 3rd bar couldn't be added due to space also how the bars are positioned is due to space. We will see how it fits and make revisions as needed. The piece is basically to aid in tranny removal as there isn't much weight on the mount. Thanks for the ideas guys. Keep them coming.

Do you have a picture of where it goes on the car? I assume this is the mount you were talking to Jesse about Sat. Night.

The car Allready has a Solid motor mount in the front, Two poly solid side motor mounts. I would say this mount does not take much load. The turbo sits on the front of the engine, and a solid front is going stop any engine trave back under a load. That purple bushing in the stock mount is a solid poly mount as well, does not give any. If I was using all stock mounts and then this solid mount in back I could see how it could cause a problem. when removing this mount to give to trevor I had no weight on this stock mount at all didnt have to move/rock the motor, or use a pry bar.

Looks Awesome Trevor!

if there's no stress on it...leave it out.

there "might" be stress on it under some load. cant just have 2 side mounts, and nothing in the back in case it would move.

At the very least run a cross-bar between the two rods
    95 Civic EX
    83 Nighthawk 550 w/ 650 swap
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

IAF Team Member

Here's the installed pictures. Now you guys can see why the bars are ran how they are.