PDA

View Full Version : [S O L D] 1998 Mustang Cobra Stock

PLTurbo
11-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Car was owned by some old fart :P

I got it off of an insurance company auction for cheap.
I had intended to mod it over the winter, however my DSM took a shitter on me(go figure,oh and I haven't posted in awhile, I also sold my Tiburon a month ago since I had started to just drive the laser all the time - so I've decided to buy a completely brand new car, probably a Subaru WRX, cant quite afford the STI)

Will be fixing the laser next summer, I just am tired of dealing with it atm.

The Cobra isn't insured, so right now I actually am forced to drive my '72 charger to work/school. Not that I don't enjoy it :P But with snow coming, I need to get her back in the garage ASAP.

So I need to sell the cobra ASAP.

This cobra is 100% stock and completely clean.
33,540 original miles.

I got this car with no service records, so I had a servicing done on it. Everything looked pristine. Only thing I've done was change the oil with Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic.

The engine/supercharger all run like new.
The clutch has no slips or anything whatsoever. No rust on the car.
Interior is spotless minus for one small stain underneath the driver's side floor mat.
Exterior is in great shape. Someone did key it once on the rear left fender. It was buffed and repainted so well, you only feel a slight bump when you run your finger over it, it's not visibile to the naked eye.
Headlights are foggy, nothing threatening.
Tires have about 80% tread left.

Books at $9,000 for private party excellent condition.
I will let it go for $8,000 firm, this is non-negotiable.

PM me about this if interested.

Car is located in Burlington, IA
No joy riders, don't even waste my time.

Picture of Car at the auction, still looks the same.
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... alekw3.jpg (http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cobrasalekw3.jpg)

Domestic Disturbance
11-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Wow. Possibly one of my favorite mustangs. 98 cobra and in bright atlantic blue. If I wasn't looking for something older, and fearful of other fbody owners hunting me down, I'd be interested. Gorgeous car. Just one question, its supercharged? If so, thats not quite stock

90 notch
11-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Supercharger?You said it was stock...More info please you may have a buyer.Steve o

PLTurbo
11-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I suppose I shouldn't call it stock.

The originally owner when he bought it supposedly had a performance shop that worked with the dealer install it. I believe it's a Vortech supercharger, I'd have to go look. Currently the car is sitting at my uncle's farm out near Danville.

Had a couple of bites on it yesterday, one test drive today. So this wont last long, send me PM's if you want to arrange anything.

90 notch
11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Could you post some pics,if it's what you say it is def consider it sold.I sold my race car and am looking for a new project.Thanks,steve o

Scott
11-07-2008, 12:05 PM
How many times you gonna sell that thing??

PLTurbo
11-07-2008, 12:52 PM
? I just got this recently, first time I'm selling it.

Sale is pending atm, if it doesnt go through by Monday, I'll go ahead and run out and take some more shots.

PLTurbo
11-08-2008, 06:29 PM
car is sold