PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Obama!

ZacFields
11-04-2008, 10:27 PM
For those of you who know me, I was against Obama becoming our next president. I sway Republican, and I disagree with some of his policies in a big way.

However, I've always said that I would support the president, no matter who it is. Thus, I will support Barack Obama until I am given a reason not to support him. I am patriotic more than I am Republican, and he is our leader now. It does me no good to whine and complain when he hasn't don't anything yet.

Innocent until proven guilty. I have familiarized myself with many of his policies and I will give him the benefit of the doubt that they will work better than I believe they will.

The fact of the matter is: If Obama does good, then we all win. :::shrugs::: Can't really argue with that.

69gt4speed
11-04-2008, 11:07 PM
That's good, same attitude I had w gwb first term. Then kinda changed my mind. We will see... some reason I don't think he's some soft guy. One reason he's half and half imagine a min. the bs he's heard. I vaguely remember Kennedy, then Reagan, 2 that stand out imo. Then Johnson for various reasons good and bad along w Clinton. Like was said things aren't great now imo. I think he has a chance to get ppl working that's what I want. Then we win. Jobs = houses, money to spend = business = jobs. I want jobs here.

ZacFields
11-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Exactly Rob. It doesn't do any good for me to sit here and blindly whine and complain that I don't think he's going to be successful. The old motto "It is what it is" comes into play here. I would be a fool to honestly hope that Obama doesn't succeed. Of course I hope he succeeds. I hope he does an outstanding job, because that means a brighter future for everyone!

He will definitely get his chance to impress Zac Fields. I'm not going to blindly oppose someone I've yet to see in action, especially since his takeover of the White House is inevitable. Just doesn't do anyone any good for me or anyone else to bitch about it.

JJ240
11-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Good luck America, I'm off to pick up 4 years worth of freeze dried food and find a cave to hide in with my guns while I wait for the revolution :) Vive la resistance amirite?

DragonUSMC
11-05-2008, 10:41 AM
heh, thats why i'm going to the mountains... its easier to defend when they can only come up one way.

Ricky
11-05-2008, 11:15 AM
When i start disagreeing with him will that make me a raciest? i bet it wont take long for that to happen

Drifte
11-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm happy with the outcome. I'd rather gore...

Drifte
11-05-2008, 11:20 AM
When i start disagreeing with him will that make me a raciest? i bet it wont take long for that to happen
u were racist long before we had a half black president.

Ashley
11-05-2008, 11:24 AM

it's already happening. people already think that repub's are complaining about obama winning because he's black. apparently [some/most] obama supporters can't understand that most mccain supporters really don't have an issue with obama's race, but with his ideas.

Drifte
11-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I have a friend from Alaska that told me all about palin... I wonder what could have happened had she made it...

ZacFields
11-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Personally, I don't really view him as our first "black" president. Who ever decided that if you're half black that you're a black guy? Why can't half-black mean you're white? I'll bet my skin is just as dark as Obama's is, and I've never been called black in my life.

That's something I thought about a long time ago. You know one day if we elect an actual black guy (black mom and black dad) they'll all be saying "First time we voted a REAL black president into office."

Drifte
11-05-2008, 11:29 AM
oh and I get what ur satin eric. If u say somethin against him ur a racist. I'm on the pod so I don't word things well.

Drifte
11-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Personally, I don't really view him as our first "black" president. Who ever decided that if you're half black that you're a black guy? Why can't half-black mean you're white? I'll bet my skin is just as dark as Obama's is, and I've never been called black in my life.

That's something I thought about a long time ago. You know one day if we elect an actual black guy (black mom and black dad) they'll all be saying "First time we voted a REAL black president into office."
Oh ya for sure. I hate that they decided he's black. Like antwon, he's the whitest black guy I know. Cept he's half black...

TbTalon94
11-05-2008, 12:12 PM
ANTWON FOR PRESIDENT!!!

We should have elected him a long ass time ago.

oh and Zac for Vice/President lol

JustinS
11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
heh, thats why i'm going to the mountains... its easier to defend when they can only come up one way.

Good luck America, I'm off to pick up 4 years worth of freeze dried food and find a cave to hide in with my guns while I wait for the revolution :) Vive la resistance amirite?

Shit, are you guys recruiting? I've got a healthy stash of weapons, we can defend our own mountain.

NewSpeedSteed
11-05-2008, 04:02 PM
I looked at this race like this:
I can either A) see an old white man die in the office or B) see a political assassination. I mean with how much hate is in this contry the man has to have a death wish. I am by all means not racist but I'm worried how this is going to go. Seeing how there were threats before he even won the presidency. With that being said I thought this was comical.

http://www.oigs.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/shittig-bricks.jpg

JustinS
11-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I looked at this race like this:
I can either A) see an old white man die in the office or B) see a political assassination. I mean with how much hate is in this contry the man has to have a death wish. I am by all means not racist but I'm worried how this is going to go. Seeing how there were threats before he even won the presidency. With that being said I thought this was comical.

http://www.oigs.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/shittig-bricks.jpg
LOL

Domestic Disturbance
11-06-2008, 01:03 AM
those motivational posters get kind of dumb when they arent done right. Its supposed to be a word or phrase, then the rest, not just some sentence... oh well, it and chuck norris are still the internets best exploits

JustinS
11-06-2008, 09:13 AM
You didn't see the Klan member sitting with the band did you?

LayneAlways
11-06-2008, 08:22 PM

it's already happening. people already think that repub's are complaining about obama winning because he's black. apparently [some/most] obama supporters can't understand that most mccain supporters really don't have an issue with obama's race, but with his ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YIq5Q15L1o

Lol?

JJ240
11-07-2008, 08:55 AM
old people are funny when they get senile because they always get angry too!

Domestic Disturbance
11-09-2008, 02:54 PM
brix were shat i was just stating my opinion. probably cause i just got done lookin at a ton of them

PLTurbo
11-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I didn't care who won until word got out that Sarah Palin thought Africa was a country...

If something happened to McCain, Palin could have been our president....

I like McCain as much as Obama, but good god... President Palin?

sLoWnStEaDy
11-09-2008, 05:07 PM
What do Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley, John F. Kennedy and Barack Obama have in common?

Nothing.... YET

Drifte
11-09-2008, 06:31 PM
What do Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley, John F. Kennedy and Barack Obama have in common?
Nothing.... YET
They were all Presidents...

LayneAlways
11-09-2008, 09:18 PM
They're all men Oo

Duh'
:)

sLoWnStEaDy
11-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Nothing.... YET
They were all Presidents...
president elect doesn't count i don't think.... If he dies before Jan. 20th or whatever i don't believe he makes the list of united states presidents...

EITHER WAY... I think you all know what i was talking about.... :neener:

JJ240
11-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Secret service is alot better now than it was, as is modern medicine. I highly doubt he will be assassinated in office. I really hope he doesn't anyway...don't hate the guy enough to want him dead, plus I'd rather wait till he messes everything up and people can vote him out rather than having him go down in history as a martyr and great president because we didn't get to see him hose capitalism up.