PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion

Jappbox
10-31-2008, 11:05 AM
I have kinda stayed out of these topics, but i need to add my thoughts and see what everyone else thinks. I think in order to be a shop you have to get your "name" and expirance out there with something, be a drag car, track car, or street car, what we have here with "rapid performance" is guys wanting to be cool with no background of making anything quick or fast. Mark im sorry but you had a decent H22 hatch that you couldnt get to run right sold it for a ugly lime green honda, who knows were that went... the other guys i dont know but for travis and I allready said my 2cents on him, not a bad kid though. I have allways wanted to start some sort of DSM/Evo/Subi shop and I can bet if I did its cause i have my "name" out there with things i have worked on or my own personal car... like H&W did - a sucessfull business i might add. thats how ams did it with street racing and there own personal cars, before ever becoming a business. My opinion is here we have some guys trying to start a shop with nothing to show and on top of that allready in a issue with a stolen car, and a fight. If i were rapid perfornance i would give up now cause a bad name is allready started and they are not even a Legal Business yet!!. :Hangman:

SaNdMaNsSi
10-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Agreed.

DragonUSMC
10-31-2008, 11:59 AM
yeah this place is doomed. with the publicity, reputation, no insurance, etc. etc. etc.

this place is an afterdark tuning all over again... only with half the knowledge.

First rule of business, is WRITE a business plan. This shop roughly should have had a SBL for about $150k - 200k. with insurance, promotion, executives, bi-laws, income and expenditures, etc. None of this has been planned out or even thought of... and now, they have a whole board of people ready to burn them first chance they get, who are also spreading the word not to do ANYTHING with these people.

Here is how you bozo's can figure out if this business is going to fly. Have some kid's parents who know nothing about cars and what they do bring you their son's / daughter's civic for you to supe up. Are they going to leave the car there after talking to you... because i know without it looking and feeling like a business i would say no way in hell.

Something is going to happen to someone and you are going to get your pants sued off you, you will lose everything you ever will own and your life will be hell for 12 years (bankruptcy time frame).

Your not a business, your not even a shop. You're a bunch of kids trying to play entrepreneur. You never had the capital to even START the business, let alone pay for any of the things that go along with it. You rented a garage and dragged your tools in there... If you have no connection to the people on that lease, i would get out before you go down with them.

FiFdYnUtZ
10-31-2008, 12:33 PM
agreed...all very notable statements...

Marc1234
10-31-2008, 02:08 PM
The name is Rapid Automotive and performance, its an automotive repair shop that will do engine swaps etc... Dennys doesnt need a "shop car" , but we are woking on a "shop car" as we speak anyway. It wont be anything incredibly fast, we are going for a well rounded streetable Honda. Garret T3, LS motor, probably 8-10 psi, but the idea is mainly for no single area on the car to go untouched, from JDM accesories to suspension, a well rounded overall nice quick DD. While some shops are doing crazy wire tucks and insane paintjobs, our mission is to create a swapped decently quick car that when the hood is popped the engine looks like it belongs there and someone whos not a honda enthusiast would think it probably came that way. Jesse there was a lot more to that H22 swap, and there was a reason it didnt run right which was only discovered after the head was removed... That car still stands as the most frustrating project to date!

FYI DRAGONUSMC the money is there, thats not in any way a concern for the shop right now...

FiFdYnUtZ
10-31-2008, 02:15 PM
capital should be a concern because its what the accountablility is going to be based off of and money will be used from/added to...you guys are making this seem like more of an under the table buddy garage..

Domestic Disturbance
10-31-2008, 02:46 PM
13 second built shop car here they come!!!

Marc1234
10-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Stock SS here you come! Bout time you actually do something to that turd dont ya think?

DragonUSMC
10-31-2008, 07:37 PM
money or not my point was I would bet that capital expenditure and income diagram is non-exsistant in your "shop".

You havent the first clue about owning or operating a business in general and your actions as a whole have already proved as such. Therefore eliminating the opportunity for franchise and or expansion where your real capital gains are made which entice investors.

But like i've said, you have no business running a lemon aid stand let alone modifying personal verticals with no way to cover your asses if something goes wrong. Have you even the foggiest clue the cost for TCS or MGS's certification? Just for the place where i work to HEAT TREAT parts for cars cost us 200k without it we are not allowed to even touch automotive parts.

so what are you doing to do when something you do fails and someone dies because of it? Who is liable? Obvious you dont think YOU will be because you already dont think you are liable for the assault that happened on your property.

PS... i dont want an answer, i already know. This is for you to answer, if you cant, get out... get out NOW. If your name isnt on any of the paperwork as ownership or employee, the run... because there are so snakes in this woodpile you are gonna get bit sooner or later.

96-eclipse-gst
10-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Stock SS here you come! Bout time you actually do something to that turd dont ya think?

How come everytime someone says something you have to turn it around and put it on them. Why can't you accept some criticism and take what some of us have said and use it. Yes alot of people have bashed you, myself included. Yet, within our bashing, we have tried to give you hints and information in order for you to grow and succeed. I do not want to see people fail.

I just had my last day at my job and wasn't quite sure I really wanted to leave when upper management dropped a ball. I watched all of the 30-50 year old guys (of whom I greatly respect and admire) I worked with come back with such anguish on their faces. I am tired of seeing Americans failing in life and if I can give you some constructive critcism at my age, then I expect you to listen. You don't have to acknowledge you care, just please take the advice and use it. Don't be ignorant.

Anyone else reads this. The bashing and blame is done. I don't want to see another post on here unless it will benefit Marc and Rapid Performance. If someone chooses to ignore, then I hope Zac closes these three threads and any that arise.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-01-2008, 02:32 AM
stock SS that runs with boosted hondas...why do anything to it? :)

Marc1234
11-01-2008, 02:40 AM
I dont know what blown up ass cob job boosted wannabe honda that you are talking about? Haha it doesnt take boost to beat a an Ls-1. I have drove plenty, probably close to 2 dozen Ls-1s when I was in the market for one 4 months ago or so, some with bolt ons others stock. I wasnt impressed with any of them as they sat, but I knew they had potential which is what interested me. I decided otherwise that is was a better route to save my money rather than having two cars at my age. Neither a stock honda nor a stock ls-1 bolt ons or not is something to really brag about, but both have potential, thats the bottom line.

Marc1234
11-01-2008, 02:42 AM
And thanks 96-eclipse-gst for the support, I understand the bashing but I dont take anything to heart and believe me I take what everyone has to say for what its worth, right wrong or indifferent.

DustinsDuster
11-01-2008, 08:42 AM
money or not my point was I would bet that capital expenditure and income diagram is non-exsistant in your "shop".

You havent the first clue about owning or operating a business in general and your actions as a whole have already proved as such. Therefore eliminating the opportunity for franchise and or expansion where your real capital gains are made which entice investors.

But like i've said, you have no business running a lemon aid stand let alone modifying personal verticals with no way to cover your asses if something goes wrong. Have you even the foggiest clue the cost for TCS or MGS's certification? Just for the place where i work to HEAT TREAT parts for cars cost us 200k without it we are not allowed to even touch automotive parts.

so what are you doing to do when something you do fails and someone dies because of it? Who is liable? Obvious you dont think YOU will be because you already dont think you are liable for the assault that happened on your property.

PS... i dont want an answer, i already know. This is for you to answer, if you cant, get out... get out NOW. If your name isnt on any of the paperwork as ownership or employee, the run... because there are so snakes in this woodpile you are gonna get bit sooner or later.

Why do you think you are so smart? I think you should think about just shutting up sometimes.

well, if nothing else, he seems to know a lot more about how to build a car than you do...

Domestic Disturbance
11-01-2008, 11:18 AM

How come everytime someone says something you have to turn it around and put it on them. Why can't you accept some criticism and take what some of us have said and use it. Yes alot of people have bashed you, myself included. Yet, within our bashing, we have tried to give you hints and information in order for you to grow and succeed. I do not want to see people fail.

I just had my last day at my job and wasn't quite sure I really wanted to leave when upper management dropped a ball. I watched all of the 30-50 year old guys (of whom I greatly respect and admire) I worked with come back with such anguish on their faces. I am tired of seeing Americans failing in life and if I can give you some constructive critcism at my age, then I expect you to listen. You don't have to acknowledge you care, just please take the advice and use it. Don't be ignorant.

Anyone else reads this. The bashing and blame is done. I don't want to see another post on here unless it will benefit Marc and Rapid Performance. If someone chooses to ignore, then I hope Zac closes these three threads and any that arise.

K then I'll stop here. I'll just say that I consider myself a person of respect. You have to give it to get it. Never seen Marc say or give anything that was worth respecting, usually the opposite, which is why I'm so opinionated against this shop in general. Its obvious these are people that will need to do a lot of digging to gain any respect from people outside their clique. And I don't really think hondas arent capable, just that theirs wont be. :butthead:

96-eclipse-gst
11-01-2008, 03:17 PM
I understand what you mean, but a person of respect, treats everyone with respect. No matter who that person is or how they act. We simply have to be the bigger person.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-01-2008, 03:51 PM
a big motto the u of i has been promoting big time up here is RESPECT: give it, get it.. and thats something i agree with..

ZacFields
11-01-2008, 04:14 PM
A person of respect treats everyone with respect until they are given a reason not to. I'm not even speaking of this situation, just in general. Giving respect to everyone, even those who have not earned it, is called letting people walk over you.

As far as failure in America, I only have one statement about it. Think about it and remember it: If you've become a failure: Stop failing.

It means that everyone controls their own destiny, but only if they choose to. Take control of your destiny and make it however you want it. Want to be rich? Go be rich then. Everyone who ever got rich, got that way by making the same decisions you can make right now if you choose.

And to bring politics into it: Quit blaming the world (and government) for the way your life is or is headed. Go out and make it better. Complaining about it just wastes more time that you could spend doing something about it. I personally know a lot of you who are already living your life that way, and you will be successful if you choose to be.

There is everyone's inspirational lecture of the day :)

96-eclipse-gst
11-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Vote Zac for president on Tuesday November 4th!!!!!

SaNdMaNsSi
11-03-2008, 08:28 AM
"Dennys doesnt need a "shop car""

Denny's doesn't need a shop car, they're a national chain. You're not.

Mufflover
11-03-2008, 08:56 AM
a big motto the u of i has been promoting big time up here is RESPECT: give it, get it.. and thats something i agree with..

Maybe you should start then.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-03-2008, 10:29 AM
LMAO...coming from cocklover, the least respected person next to marc on the site..

Mufflover
11-03-2008, 11:41 AM
LMAO...coming from cocklover, the least respected person next to marc on the site..
Maybe so but I dont get on here and say I live by giving respect and I get respect!! The only thing you get is georges cock up your ass, bandwagon boy!

FiFdYnUtZ
11-03-2008, 11:57 AM
what you drive? who you know? who knows you? i mentioned the university of iowa's recent motto, i didnt say i live by it, and im good friends with george, that makes it gay to you? wow...also, what bandwagon am i on exactly, the cocklover is a no-name faggot one? go shit on some other thread and if your lucky maybe a bus might hit you :) have a good day

allgo
11-03-2008, 01:31 PM
YOU BOTH ARE FUCKING GAY!!!! :butthead:

FiFdYnUtZ
11-03-2008, 04:57 PM
; says the middle-aged guy talking shit to kids on the internet...get a life

DustinsDuster
11-03-2008, 04:59 PM
not that i didnt before, but after seeing the work Fifdy did on his TA, i can easily say i have 10x the respect for him just based on the body of work i have seen.

just my .02.

allgo
11-03-2008, 05:26 PM
; says the middle-aged guy talking shit to kids on the internet...get a life

How old are you? When are you old enough to not be called a kid anymore? 18? I can back up what ever I say you cant!!! You take your gay little stabs at me and think I am not going to say anything? Fuck you and your junk pile!! I 38 so I dont think I am quite middle aged..lol

P.S. dont fire the gun if you dont want to be shot back at!

allgo
11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
not that i didnt before, but after seeing the work Fifdy did on his TA, i can easily say i have 10x the respect for him just based on the body of work i have seen.

just my .02.

That car has more waves in it then the wave pool at lost island!

Ricky
11-03-2008, 05:33 PM

just my .02.

HEY..! i met a hot Canadian chick in that wave pool once... sorry for my memories... continue.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-03-2008, 06:39 PM
joe the only wave you know of is the wave of shitty combacks you use over and over...

allgo
11-03-2008, 06:45 PM
joe the only wave you know of is the wave of shitty combacks you use over and over...

Shitty to you is funny to me so thats all that matters, now go back and talk shit to someone else.

DustinsDuster
11-03-2008, 07:14 PM

just my .02.

Joe, who are you talking to? right now id just be psyched on solid metal...

allgo
11-03-2008, 07:26 PM
not you...

Ricky
11-04-2008, 11:15 AM
this topic sure changed fast... i tryed to split the topics and move some posts to the trash but it says i cant