PDA

View Full Version : Feds Disrupt Skinhead Plot to Kill Obama

sLoWnStEaDy
10-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Feds Disrupt Skinhead Plot to Kill Obama By LARA JAKES JORDAN

Source with video(s): http://news.aol.com/article/feds-bust-s ... 1200771495 (http://news.aol.com/article/feds-bust-skinhead-plot-to-kill-obama/227448?icid=200100397x1211582833x1200771495)

WASHINGTON (Oct. 27) - Two white supremacists allegedly plotted to go on a national killing spree, shooting and decapitating black people and ultimately targeting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, federal authorities said Monday.
In all, the two men whom officials describe as neo-Nazi skinheads planned to kill 88 people — 14 by beheading, according to documents unsealed in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.
Plot to Kill Obama ThwartedAmy Sancetta, AP5 photos Federal officials said Monday they had disrupted a plot by two neo-Nazi skinheads to assassinate Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama. The two suspects also planned to shoot or decapitate 88 black people in a murder spree that was to start in Tennessee, authorities said.(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)

The spree, which initially targeted an unidentified predominantly African-American school, was to end with the two men driving toward Obama, "shooting at him from the windows," the court documents show.
"Both individuals stated they would dress in all white tuxedos and wear top hats during the assassination attempt," the court complaint states. "Both individuals further stated they knew they would and were willing to die during this attempt."
An Obama spokeswoman traveling with the senator in Pennsylvania had no immediate comment.
Sheriffs' deputies in Crockett County, Tenn., arrested the two suspects — Daniel Cowart, 20, of Bells, Tenn., and Paul Schlesselman 18, of Helena-West Helena, Ark. — Oct. 22 on unspecified charges. "Once we arrested the defendants and suspected they had violated federal law, we immediately contacted federal authorities," said Crockett County Sheriff Troy Klyce.
The two were charged by federal authorities Monday with possessing an unregistered firearm, conspiring to steal firearms from a federally licensed gun dealer, and threatening a candidate for president.
Cowart and Schlesselman are being held without bond. Agents seized a rifle, a sawed-off shotgun and three pistols from the men when they were arrested. Authorities alleged the two men were preparing to break into a gun shop to steal more.
Obama Assasination Plot DisruptedFederal agents say they've broken up a plot to assassinate Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama and 102 other black people. (Oct. 27)
Jasper Taylor, city attorney in Bells, said Cowart was arrested on Wednesday. He was held for a few days in Bells, then moved over the weekend to another facility.
"It was kept under lid until today," Taylor said.
Until his arrest, Cowart lived with his grandparents in a southern, rural part of the county, Taylor said, adding that Cowart apparently never graduated from high school. He moved away, possibly to Arkansas or Texas, then returned over the summer, Taylor said.
Attorney Joe Byrd, who has been hired to represent Cowart, did not immediately return a call seeking comment Monday. Messages left on two phone numbers listed under Cowart's name were not immediately returned.
No telephone number for Schlesselman in Helena-West Helena could be found immediately.
The court documents say the two men met about a month ago on the Internet and found common ground in their shared "white power" and "skinhead" philosophy.
The numbers 14 and 88 are symbols in skinhead culture, referring to a 14-word phrase attributed to an imprisoned white supremacist: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children" and to the eighth letter of the alphabet, H. Two "8"s or "H"s stand for "Heil Hitler."
Court records say Cowart and Schlesselman also bought nylon rope and ski masks to use in a robbery or home invasion to fund their spree, during which they allegedly planned to go from state to state and kill people. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the African-American school they were targeting by name.
Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of the Nashville field office for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, said authorities took the threats very seriously.
"They said that would be their last, final act — that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."
He added: "They seemed determined to do it. Even if they were just to try it, it would be a trail of tears around the South."
An ATF affidavit filed in the case says Cowart and Schlesselman told investigators the day they were arrested they had shot at a glass window at Beech Grove Church of Christ, a congregation of about 60 black members in Brownsville, Tenn.
Nelson Bond, the church secretary and treasurer, said no one was at the church when the shot was fired. Members found the bullet had shattered the glass in the church's front door when they arrived for evening Bible study.
"We have been on this site for about 120 years, and we have never had a problem like this before," said Bond, 53 and a church member for 45 years.
The investigation is continuing, and more charges are possible, Cavanaugh said. He said there's no evidence — so far — that others were willing to assist Cowart and Schlesselman with the plot.
At this point, there does not appear to be any formal assassination plan, Secret Service spokesman Eric Zahren said.
"Whether or not they had the capability or the wherewithal to carry out an attack remains to be seen," he said.
Zahren said the statements about the assassination came out in interviews after the men were arrested last week.
The Secret Service became involved in the investigation once it was clear that an Obama assassination attempt was part of this violent far-reaching plot.
"We don't discount anything," Zahren said, adding that it's one thing for the defendants to make statements, but it's not the same as having an organized assassination plan.
Helena-West Helena, on the Mississippi River in east Arkansas' Delta, is in one of the nation's poorest regions, trailing even parts of Appalachia in its standard of living. Police Chief Fred Fielder said he had never heard of Schlesselman.
However, the reported threat of attacking a school filled with black students worried Fielder. Helena-West Helena, with a population of 12,200, is 66 percent black. "Predominantly black school, take your pick," he said.

96-eclipse-gst
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Doesn't it seem wierd they say "kill 88 black people" most journalists would write african-american....just something that came to mind.

DJ0820
10-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Until his arrest, Cowart lived with his grandparents in a southern, rural part of the county, Taylor said, adding that Cowart apparently never graduated from high school. He moved away, possibly to Arkansas or Texas, then returned over the summer

Didn't graduate high school...you don't say. I'd say that from that info there they fit the description.

Fucking morons.

I'm sure they will meet a lot of fun black friends in prison...and be their pincushion.

LayneAlways
10-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Am I to assume you agree with this view as well Slow n' Steady?

96-eclipse-gst
10-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Why would you assume that?

JustinS
10-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Because of his avatar and the fact that 88 stands for Heil hitler. I don't think he shares their views though, personally.

Marc1234
10-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Not going to lie I have mixed opinions about this Obama guy but thats a little extreme!

ZacFields
10-28-2008, 12:36 AM
You and me both Marc. I wouldn't agree with killing the guy, of course, but I just don't think his ideas are going to fix the country.

It will make it nicer for the lower class, but I haven't seen much that will affect the rest of us. I do like his viewpoints on alternative energy but I hope he tackles it even harder than he says he is.

DustinsDuster
10-28-2008, 03:29 AM
"Both individuals stated they would dress in all white tuxedos and wear top hats during the assassination attempt,"

HELLO MY BABY, HELLO MY SUGAR, HELLO MY RAG-TIME GIRL!

LayneAlways
10-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Also, Eclipse, becase of his post where he states he doesn't believe gays should have simple human un-alienable rights, so I figure if he can't accomplish that, well might as well throw the whole thing out of the window.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Why would you assume that?
Because he is a 16 year old punk who obviously doesn't know how to read...

sLoWnStEaDy
10-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Also, Eclipse, becase of his post where he states he doesn't believe gays should have simple human un-alienable rights, so I figure if he can't accomplish that, well might as well throw the whole thing out of the window.

Marriage is not an un-alienable right... I do not have a problem with gays engaging in a Contract or pwer of attorney stuff or anything like that but u believe marriage is a sacred union between a MAN AND WOMAN, simple as that... Now lets keep this post about the topic. If you want ot argue with me for some reason then got to the other post and do it there...

assume == ASS - U - ME (got it?)

sLoWnStEaDy
10-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Be careful Zac... If you say enything that might be even close to being considered "negative" about Obama next thing you know people will be caling you a "card carrying racist"...

LayneAlways
10-28-2008, 08:55 AM
A punk? Going negative are we, SS? I didn't know caring and compassion for all people equally counted as being a punk, I suppose that makes you a saint. I didn't come on this forum to be called names, or to be slandered, so let's grow up shall we? Assuming you can get your head out of the twenties where it so ignorantly lives.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-28-2008, 09:01 AM
My point exactly... punk... I understand though. I was a 16 year old punk once, about 7 years ago now.

LayneAlways
10-28-2008, 09:04 AM
I'd rather be a teenage "punk" than an adult moron. What'd you do when you were sixteen, travel with lynch mobs?

JacobS
10-28-2008, 09:21 AM
this kids starting to remind me a lot of that mufflover fellow...

sLoWnStEaDy
10-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Actualy fuck nut.. If you REALLY want ot know what i was doing when i was 16...

I was going to church 4-5 days a week, going to work, going to school, helping the Special Education students over at the middle school and volunteering at the Cedar Valley Humaine Society adn the Salvation Army as well as randonw community service activities at the high school. So how about you shut your fuckin' mouth and stop linking me with a couple dumb fuck skin heads that think it is OK to kill people because they are not white.

THAT is why i call you a punk because you run your mouth about shit when you have NO FUCKING clue what you are talking about. Just like most teenagers and just like i did when i was your age. and about my avatar...it VERY clearly says "Heritage Not Hate" call me crazy but something tells me these people where acting/planning based on HATE

96-eclipse-gst
10-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Woah everyone just needs to chill out for a second. Like some other people have said, I don't necessarily agree with everything Obama says, but I do look at it as a lesser of two evils. I just can't see McCain carrying this country in the direction it needs to go. I just beleive Obama can slow this train down if not stop it.

I figured you meant his avatar, but I actually believe that is a symbol of Irish heritage. Could someone correct me if I am wrong.

LayneAlways
10-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Actually Eclipse I believe it's a German heritage type symbol, and /I/ did not link you to anything SS, you yourself stated your opinions/views, and I stated mine. You're the one who made it personal by calling me a "punk", because you seem to think intelligence or intellect comes with age, which it very clearly doesn't. I volunteer/work as well, and I'm going to Basic this summer, I have no problem with you, you've helped me on this forum already, but I have a problem with not being able to overcome social stereotypes, and see that every person is just that. A person, but that's enough from me, I don't want you to blow a gasket.

96-eclipse-gst
10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
A wise person once told me "Age is a state of mind" You see this in everyday life. Even people who are in their 40's and 50's are still children. Parents who get divorced and one of them acts like they are your best friend, instead of your mom or dad. There is nothing more important in life than being a truthful and honest person. Try to help anyone you can, obviously you both are giving people. Just make amends and go your own way. You both have much to offer the world rather than exchange words.

LayneAlways
10-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Well spoken, friend.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Agreed. I apologize...
I was just upset that because of me "views" on homosexuality and such that you automaticaly assume i "agree" with some white power fuckin losers who planned to kill 88 people. White, Black, Yellow, Red or green for all i care, there is no excuse ot kill an innocent person!

I don't most people don't understand this but i don't agree with the whole "White Power" thing, I do however believe in White Pride. There is nothing wrong with being proud of who you are and where you came from.

LayneAlways
10-28-2008, 08:53 PM
That's true, and I'm sorry for assuming, and throwing you in with the worst of the bunch, it's just in this country of freedoms, some are often abused at the expense of others. You are entitled to your opinions, and I apologize as well. Hope there are no hard feelings.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Hatred is baggage... I have enough baggage...
No hard feelings at all on my end.... I have been very open and opinionative lately for some reason. Because of which I am always on the defensive mindset which is why I am quick to snap at ya like a pissed of poodle.... ANYWAYS... like i said no hard feelings....

As for this topic... for those who don't know the significance of 88 and 14

88: eighth letter of the alphabet is H so 88 would be HH meaning "Heil Hitler".

14: stands for the "14 Words statement." It was authored by white supremacist David Lane. the quote reads as fallows, "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

JustinS
10-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Be careful Zac... If you say enything that might be even close to being considered "negative" about Obama next thing you know people will be caling you a "card carrying racist"...
I wouldn't worry about that, I have been labeled a card carrying racist for the better part of a year now. Doesn't bother me, I know what my views are, they do not, and assume I am a racist because of what they believe I stand for.

I'm still waiting on my card!!!!!!!!

CiViC-Wanted
10-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Im defintally not racist, but we all know that if Obama does not win, jesse jackon, and every black activist will whip out that race card and throw it in every white americans face, we will never be able to hear the end of it. Personally, I think both of them suck, I honestly think they need to find some person that in completly random with little to no knowledge about goverment, and let them take a stab at it. Beacuse all this goverment garbage is getting ridiculous, the only reasons bill pass in America is beacuse they have a raise for every senete leader, and every politician. If those raises in pay werent there i would almost garntee you that half the law and bills being passed would not go anywhere. But in another note i agree with the view that the bad goverment that we call democracy is pretty much ruin by the people at the state level, and then just grows the higher it goes, i think people need to pay more attention to there state leaders and ask what are the doing for us?

Marc1234
10-29-2008, 12:31 PM
If that mother fucker gets elected his whole campaign will turn instantly into a giant civil rights movement. Go ahead and whip out the race card I could give two shits what people want to assume or conclude in their pea brains. I have friends of all races from ejyptian to asian.

firstonraceday96
10-29-2008, 01:05 PM
If that mother fucker gets elected his whole campaign will turn instantly into a giant civil rights movement. Go ahead and whip out the race card I could give two shits what people want to assume or conclude in their pea brains. I have friends of all races from ejyptian to asian.

Are they all piles of shit like you?

96-eclipse-gst
10-29-2008, 04:27 PM

Egyptian would be a nationality...

Marc1234
10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
You get the point.

JJ240
11-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Woah everyone just needs to chill out for a second. Like some other people have said, I don't necessarily agree with everything Obama says, but I do look at it as a lesser of two evils. I just can't see McCain carrying this country in the direction it needs to go. I just beleive Obama can slow this train down if not stop it.

I figured you meant his avatar, but I actually believe that is a symbol of Irish heritage. Could someone correct me if I am wrong.

Man...if only it wasn't the last day before the election I would type a nice chunk of text outlining why Obama will not only NOT repair our economy, but will make every attempt possible to destroy it. But its too late, I've had enough trying to explain shit everybody should already understand, recognize,and fear in Carter ::cough:: I mean Obama's economy.

EDIT: and for the sake of keeping this on subject...That plot is a damn good pointer towards showing everyone how fucking stupid white supremacists are. Not only do I think its a horrible idea all around, but with their point of view killing Obama would just make it worse on them. Whats worse than being a white supremacist in a country where a black man may become president? Being a white supremacist in a country where a black man almost became president before he was turned into a martyr thanks to a couple idiots assassinating him. Oh well...if we can't count on the neo-nazi's and farrakhans of the world to be the stupid face of racism we might forget how dumb it is.

96-eclipse-gst
11-03-2008, 04:41 PM
If you want to open a new thread, I would certainly like to hear what you have to say JJ.

JJ240
11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
I'll copy an email I sent earlier into a new thread...I don't have the heart to write anymore this late in the election