PDA

View Full Version : New to IAF

LayneAlways
10-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Hi ^^
My name's Layne, I was introduced to this form through my friend's Andy (oglshrub) and Carson.
I'm pretty interested in modding and racing, though I don't really know everything there is to know about it.
I just bought a 1990 Formula Firebird, and I'd love to mod it, though I don't really have all that much for cash.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Welcome...

N/M the rest... just found you post in the rides section...

ZacFields
10-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Welcome. It's been a long time since we've had some younger kids in here. Feel free to ask questions... there are plenty of people waiting in the wings to answer them!

Domestic Disturbance
10-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Hi ^^
though I don't really know everything there is to know about it.
that much for cash.

Learn this early and always keep it in mind. You never know everything. As soon as you think you do, you're doing something wrong.

Learned that from the best; Mr Heining

ZacFields
10-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Woah back up... you're a Prairie grad Domestic?

Domestic Disturbance
10-23-2008, 12:54 AM
No, Linn-Mar, but he was my auto tech teacher. Had to drive out there twice a week. I took more from his class than the rest of highschool

JacobS
10-23-2008, 03:12 AM
haha i took his auto-tech class also my junior year.

but like domestic disturbance said...if you think you know everything, then most of the time youre going to be wrong. dont be afraid to ask!!!

ZacFields
10-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Heining was hilarious. I took one of his auto tech classes as well.

I remember the time we were pushing a car into the shop (the Nova) and the idiot who was steering had it in 1st gear and was just holding the clutch down while we were pushing it. Well... to stop the car he figured he would let go of the clutch (makes sense right, holding the clutch makes it go so letting go should make it stop... if you're a complete idiot) and the car started itself up and ran itself into the wall.

You want to talk about pissed off... Heining was cussing left and right. I believe he called the kid a stupid dumbass. etc etc. He also claimed that we were all pushing too fast... perhaps we were but we figured the kid knew how to use the brakes!.

I loved Heining. He was awesome.

NewSpeedSteed
10-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Simply put, Chuck Heining was like the God of teachers. I think about being back in shop class with him teaching sometimes and just smile. Its crazy to think how long ago that was (school) by the way Zac, wasn't it Shawn Torrey or something like that the drove the nova into the wall?

Anyway, welcome to the site, theres alot of knowledgeable people here. If you want to ask something but think its a stupid question ask it anyway, a new face is great to have especially in the fall/wintertime when things slow down. Hope to see you around CR sometime to check out your car and meet you in person.

Drifte
10-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I spent more than 4 years with hining, and we raced on the weekends. Learned more from him than anyone all my years at Prairie. Lots of words of wisdom, like dont half ass anything, if its worth doing do it right. And never think you know everything. I would skip class to go to Hinings classes, and come to school early and stay late to be in the shop. LOT of good times.

LayneAlways
10-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah NSS, my dad's actually a cop in CR, so watch your speeds out there, eh? ;)

Domestic Disturbance
10-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Hope hes not the one that pulled me over tonight

LayneAlways
10-24-2008, 06:12 AM
Haha who knows lol

Ricky
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM
i like cops unless they are picking up speeders!

i had him too but i wasnt on of the favorites... i like to goof off. still learned a lot from him

TbTalon94
10-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh Hining, I had him for 3 years. Greatest teacher i've ever had hands down. He had a lot of good knowledge and showed his passion.

One helarious thing that happened when I was in class is that he walked over to a kid that read in class all the time..took his book from him walked to the door and threw it out in the hall. He walked back and said "if you want to read then go to the fucking library". It was awesome.

Also my brother said when he was in school and had Hining, someone did something really stupid that pissed Hining off big time and he threw a transmission at the kid!

Oh yea..welcome to the Boards :)

DJ0820
10-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Hining was amazing. The wrench to the desk of a sleeping student was always comedy. Easily my favorite teacher of all time. :prayer:

Drifte
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
^ Weren't we screwin around in the wood shop with the air compressor shooting things at eachother? Hining saw us...and wasnt happy.

Once we made a gay-o-meter, this crappily cut out chunks of wood with an arrow that spun and pointed at gay people. It kept pointed at Becika and he flipped and threw it...we glued it all back together and stuck it in his truck :)

DJ0820
10-28-2008, 07:16 PM
^ Weren't we screwin around in the wood shop with the air compressor shooting things at eachother? Hining saw us...and wasnt happy.

Good times good times. Still learned more from him than any other teacher...and it's stuff I apply in my life to this day.

96-eclipse-gst
10-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Mr Hining was absolutely awesome, I had him for Kirkwood's HighSchool Autotech program. He loved me because all the kids in my class were absolute tards. Yes I can think of a few funny ass moments I will never forget.

He definately did not like people who weren't there to learn something. Man did he have a lot of life lessons to tell.

sLoWnStEaDy
11-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Hining was amazing. The wrench to the desk of a sleeping student was always comedy. Easily my favorite teacher of all time. :prayer:

I disagree... That shit always scared the fuck out of me. Hining was the shit though!!
to be 100% honest i did actualy like the CLASS itself better when Pestka took over just because it was hands on every single day. plus he was a funny guy, he always called me Queef McShitty.... then there was the whole "Mumms the word" and of course that damn cow bell video we watched like a frikkin' hundred times. Ms. Smith was pretty sweet too...

ANYWAYS... welcome again :bigthumb:

LayneAlways
11-04-2008, 02:44 PM
lol my thread's been hijacked :O
xD