PDA

View Full Version : looking for an electrician

DustinsDuster
10-15-2008, 03:36 AM
a friend of mine has an 80's motorhome that has an '01F350 drivetrain swapped in, and it has a few electrical gremlins. i believe there's a short somewhere that's draining the battery, as it constantly needs recharged.

i'm no electrician, so im putting out the call on here. anyone willing to take a look at this? if so, i can put you into contact with him and you two can figure out some sort of fee for it.

JJ240
10-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Good luck...slow battery drains are the most god awful thing to find. I'm an electrician and I won't even take the time to find the battery leak in my own car :P

If hes got a multimeter tell him to start pulling fuses with everything shut off and check for current across the fuse contacts. Anything drawing current is something draining the battery. Really simple, just time consuming. Small shit like the clock, and memory settings for the radio will always draw current, but you should see a fairly significant amount of current somewhere if the battery is draining fast enough to make it an issue.

DustinsDuster
10-15-2008, 03:50 PM
he's not much of a car guy or electrician at all- i doubt it'd be up his alley. im not that great with wiring, or else i would try to help. if you change your mind, or get hard up for some spare cash, let me know. i'll get you two together.

JJ240
10-15-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm hard up for cash as always :D But as much as I want to help I've learned my lesson in not jumping in to help something that takes more time than I can give it.