PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest... Gold Plating

sLoWnStEaDy
10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I am wondering if there would be any type of interest in gold plating at all? I am planning on getting a setup mainly just to do some stuff for my Caddy's but if there is interest i would be willing to get a bigger setup to do more/larger stuff.

Right off hand stuff i will be doing on my personal cars (the '66 caddy)
door handles (inside, outsides are shaved)
rear view mirror
misc. interior trim
misc. knobs/cranks/handles
misc. smaller underhood pieces (bolts, carb pieces, brackets etc.)

I will probably do some brush plating as well for my own car, mainly just the valve covers and possibly air cleaner. I wouldhave the ability to do larger stuff via the "brush plating" method. I would also be willing to do non car related stuff of course. I am going to be doing some stuff on my paintball gun and on my .40 and such...

Drifte
10-12-2008, 06:03 PM
How much to gold plate my Desert Eagles (2)?

sLoWnStEaDy
10-12-2008, 06:10 PM
well... when it comes to expensive stuff like that, I would REALLY want to do it to my on gun first, then shoot the shit out of it to make sure it holds up good and everything.

However if i where to take a stab at a price right now i would probably say $100/ea... I plan to do my .40 then put atleast a good 500 rounds through it and see how it holds up to the heat and abuse... I don't forsee there being an issue. I will probably not be comfortable doing this for atleast a few months... might be sooner, depends on how much stuff of my own i do and how it all turns out.

96-eclipse-gst
10-12-2008, 06:23 PM
I would be interested. My rims are bronze plated on the face edge. The plating has started to come off. WOuld only need to plate the front face edge the rest of the rim is basically painted/powder coated.