PDA

View Full Version : 04 Mustang Cobra Convertible

twistnmetal
10-11-2008, 03:46 PM
All stock nothing done to it yet. It has 17,000 miles on it... what do you think?

could use some really good mustang sites to go to...
a place to find some really good parts, Rims and Tires or people who do really good performance upgrades to these cars...ect.

DustinsDuster
10-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Rob (69gt4speed) would be a good guy to talk to about this. he's one of the bigger cobra guys on here.

cool car.

Scott
10-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Sweet car man, I got a silver 03 cobra too, go check out svtperformance.com

69gt4speed
10-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Or modularfords.com for more tech stuff. If you want to do something just ask I have read/seen so much in 4 yrs I know for the $ what is good and needed and works. Though always something new and improved coming along. First things are some kind of cai and a x/or and catback system that will allow it to breathe. Later a nice smaller pulley and a retune of ecu. I'd go maybe a 2.9 that way u won't need injector or a maf upgrade. It gets iffy on a 2.8 or 2.76. Tires and tires and tires. Otherwise it will go up in smoke. Maybe some adj. struts later. D spec tokico's or their drag strut. Depends on what you want to do.

stangvortech
10-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Thats a nice cobra. SVTP is the place to be, lots of people that know alot. modularfords.com is great to like rob said. If you have any q's we can help ya.

twistnmetal
10-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey thanks, I'll check out them sites and do my research. I kinda want to make it a road race car... not really a drag car. Yeah I've noticed that the stock exaust is really quite.. that needs to change. I plan on around the end of spring to do a bunch to the car.

I seen your car scott... looks nice too.

allgo
10-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey I got a borla ss cat back for sale sell it to you for $450 new it was very expensive

69gt4speed
10-12-2008, 09:43 PM
the d spec will work for drag, track or street. Another tip subframe connectors and coupe springs or eibach if u have the $.

NewSpeedSteed
10-13-2008, 04:10 PM
the d spec will work for drag, track or street. Another tip subframe connectors and coupe springs or eibach if u have the $.

H&R Springs also work amazing on our cars (yeah I'll be bold and consider the Mach to be Cobra-ish LOL). Most people get the H&R SS (Super Sports) but talking to some retailers they recommend the Race version of the springs because the SS springs tend to lower the car alot more than advertised and it gives the car a "raked" stance- cool looking but they don't recommend it because of how low LT headers sit on the cars and trying to fit bigger tires on the car (like DRs) becomes almost impossible to do without rubbing something or having to modify the fender/wheel well. But Rob you got the basics right thats for sure, Tokico D-Specs, full length SFCs and a good set of springs will do the car wonders in terms of handling.

K-ville
10-14-2008, 10:11 AM
lethalperformance was my favorite place to window shop when I had Scott's cobra

LayneAlways
10-22-2008, 06:32 PM
I always used to like Mustang's, though it seems like I see them around too often now-a-days, but still a nice car indeed :D