PDA

View Full Version : I GOT PROMOTED!

Ricky
10-04-2008, 07:46 AM
I have been promoted at Clipper to a Quality Technician. I started my new duties this last Wednesday and so far its pretty fun. Its a lot more work and a lot more responsibilities but the day flies by! Right now i'm driving over to Van Meter and working with them to figure out some of there quality problems so we don't have to deal with the problems at Clipper. I will be doing some traveling for this job too. all over the US and some across seas trips!

ZacFields
10-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Congratulations Eric!

God we're all growing up and moving up the corporate ladder these days it seems. Keep up the good work bro. I'll see you in beverly hills in about 10 years. :)

Ricky
10-04-2008, 06:03 PM
I dont know about that but i need a BA to go any farther up the ladder now... so looks like i will be taking some classes soon.. Im thinkin UNI. gona take about 4 to 5 years to finish up the 4 year though

96-eclipse-gst
10-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Congrats Ricky, sounds like your employer is taking notice of the fantastic work you do. I'm glad that everyone has been doing so well as of late. I myself have even taken steps in order to better my career. I now work for Saturn of Cedar Rapids. I am actually making fantastic money instead of working 120 hours every two weeks and only making like 60 with Kia of Cedar Rapids. Congrats on the promotion and over seas travel as well? That is absolutely kick ass. Zac, any news on how your career is doing? How about how long you have in school still?

ZacFields
10-04-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm still the supervisor out at URrelay... about 10 months now and counting. Ashley and I pulled ourselves completely out of debt earlier this year. I'm just excited to be getting management experience for my resume while I'm still in college. It's unlikely that I could be in a much better situation than this.

I'll be done with college probably next December (December of 2009) as long as everything goes to plan. If not, it'll definitely be by February of 2010. From there, I've got to take 6 graduate level courses so I can sit for the CFP exam. Once I've passed that, and accumulated 3 years of full time experience as a financial planner I'll be a CFP (Certified Financial Planner).

Once I graduate with my bachelors, I will be looking for a financial planning job. If I'm not able to find one in Cedar Rapids, Ashley and I will probably be moving when she gets out of nursing school to a place with a little more opportunity for an aspiring CFP. We've been toying around with Texas lately :)

Good to hear about your career Andrew. That's what you've got to do. Gain more skill/experience and then move up the ladder when you're able to. Everyone in the world got to where they are today by someone taking a chance on them when you're young. That first "chance" someone takes on you... that's what rockets you up to where you always wished you could be, but you've got to play your own cards right too. Sounds like someone has taken a chance on you, so now the ball is in your court to perform. I'm sure you're doing great!