PDA

View Full Version : My civic was stolen :(

xci.ed6
09-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Some kids who call themselves Rapids Performance 'bought' my car, took the car, and now refuse to pay for it. I was smart enough to not give them the title, however now I can't get them to call me back, only txt.

So the car is being reported stolen in the morning, unfortunate for both of us because I was happy with the deal we made, I think we both were. I hope it can be recovered, but luckily I still have it insured just in case they try to fuck it up.

If anyone knows these kids, try to talk some sense into them. No reason to have a GTA charge on your record over something this silly.

DustinsDuster
09-21-2008, 06:01 PM
so whats the story here? you said they are texting you back- why won't they pay? whats their side of the story?

Drifte
09-21-2008, 07:31 PM
I saw kids wearing rapid performance t-shirts couple weekends ago.

JacobS
09-21-2008, 08:54 PM
the kid will give you the car...i guarantee that. we ran in to a few problems with the car that was suppose to replace his DD. pm me if you want my number and you can call me to get this solved. im sorry, i truly am. but you just need to understand that is the only way for the guy to get out there and he NEEDS a car to get to work. like i said, PM me for my number and we can talk.

-Jacob

PS the shop has nothing to do with it. he has not paid any rent he is a CUSTOMER. he has not invested any money what-so-ever in the rent, shop, or anything in general in to the shop.

StreetSweeper
09-21-2008, 09:08 PM
OH BOY :help: !!! i dont know if it ran when they got it, but it surely wont now!!!! :Hangman:

JacobS
09-21-2008, 11:04 PM
so whats the story here? you said they are texting you back- why won't they pay? whats their side of the story?

I am one of the actual co-founders of the shop. It was my understanding that one of my customers would take the car, and when he got his new DD finished, the deal would be completed.

You may contact me on the shop number which i will give to you.

319-540-0747

Thanks,
Jacob @ Rapid Performance

ZacFields
09-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Jacob has assured me that his shop wasn't involved in this transaction and rather just some customers of his shop that may have happened to be wearing a t-shirt with his logo on it or perhaps falsely represented themselves as members of the business.

I'm going to unlock this topic because I've gotten some new information about it from the originator.

xci.ed6
09-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Yeah, the people who picked up the car were NOT wearing rapids performance t-shirts. They DID hand me a business card with their names on it.

Now one of them tells me he is no longer involved in the shop, and the other left me a voicemail something about calling his lawyer. I ain't skurred, B. Your at minimum an accomplice.

Now I am getting some cooperation, I was supposed to pick up the car last night, some shit happened and I couldn't (my fault this time). Though I was getting the car only not the title, and not the money.

In short, the thread will remain till I get paid, which is thankfully (for both parties) looking to be sooner rather than later.

-UPDATE-just got off the phone with 'em. The dudes almost got his DD running, had some wiring problems or something, and I might be stopping out to help him so everything can be squared away. Coulda just told me fella's, there's a reason half of CR calls me 'Honda' (the other half calls me 'Donkey Kong' but we don't need to go into that one).

ZacFields
09-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Donkey Kong? That's now how I heard it Dustin. I believe Jake said it was "King Kong Dong". haahha!

Good to see things are getting resolved. Sounds like a lot of miscommunication to me. A lawyer wouldn't ever get involved in this situation. Trust me on that one. I hated Business Law with a passion but unfortunately it's a class I've had to take.

Domestic Disturbance
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
what the hell is rapid performance

TbTalon94
09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
What the hell is Sin Performance

:)

Drifte
09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Ive been in a similar situation, thats why I just get a hold of the "swat team"..business taken care of off the record.

Domestic Disturbance
09-23-2008, 12:25 AM
What the hell is Sin Performance

:)

funny :bigthumb: . still never heard of em

JacobS
09-23-2008, 12:40 AM
we've only been around for a few weeks, and with most of us having full time jobs were extrememly busy doing those, and trying to get the cars ready.

Domestic Disturbance
09-23-2008, 01:50 AM
only a few weeks old and have shirts and cards already? sounds pretty hardcore

Drifte
09-23-2008, 08:43 AM
id a sprung for the hoist, t-shirts later.

You should have hired a designer...like me.

StreetSweeper
09-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Yea there fastest car runs a 18 and it takes them 2 months to half way put a turbo on a sti, and another hour to have Jesse and i finish it! lol There rapid all right. Rapid to go KAAAA BOOM!

StreetSweeper
09-23-2008, 09:02 AM
BTW... They will do a oil change on a brigs and stratton for 26.95.. and they will soon have a AWD dyno and TUNE VOLVO'S!!

Mufflover
09-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Yea there fastest car runs a 18 and it takes them 2 months to half way put a turbo on a sti, and another hour to have Jesse and i finish it! lol There rapid all right. Rapid to go KAAAA BOOM!

I like how you throw your name out there on helping tune, yeah right, maybe help clean his plate of leftovers!lol

JacobS
09-23-2008, 12:08 PM

if i remember correctly, it was a month, and JESSE put the turbo on while you stood there saying "if this was a dsm itd be done already"

TbTalon94
09-23-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't understand how it would take a month to put a bolt-on turbo on, then have someone else finish it?

JacobS
09-23-2008, 12:50 PM
we ran into a lot of problems and we were both still in school and working so we had very little time to do it. and we didnt put just a turbo on. we also put and up-pipe in, a new inlet tube, and it was either the oil return or feed line i cant remember. and you have to remember the cars not a dsm. its very hard to work on for somebody who has never done something like that before.

TbTalon94
09-23-2008, 01:26 PM
It's still "bolt-on" parts man. They were designed for people with limited tools and knowledge to bolt in within a few hours.

JacobS
09-23-2008, 01:43 PM
but like i said, we ran into a lot of problems...so we had to wait for parts to be shipped in.

DustinsDuster
09-23-2008, 04:00 PM
over-night parts from Japan(bows)

Ricky
09-23-2008, 09:06 PM
back on topic..? how did this turn out?

xci.ed6
09-24-2008, 04:10 PM
idk

Drifte
09-25-2008, 07:43 AM
wait....it took a month for this shop to put in a turbo?

StreetSweeper
09-25-2008, 08:02 AM
Muffdummy,

No one is tuning anything, and if it cam down to it im about 100% sure i have collected enough knowledge that i could half way make somthing idle unlike them morons.

Sherman you don't know your dick from your ass.. and either do the rest of them morons. Yea Jesse had to fix that POS thats for sure, because if he didnt it would still be sitting there to this day. Oh and btw.. The last time i went to work on a car, im prety sure i had the tranny out and back in within 2 and a half hours.. And the turbo on and off in 45 minn.. But what do i know... I know one thing.. I can "BOLT ON parts" lol!! Douche!

StreetSweeper
09-25-2008, 08:04 AM
BTW.. "WE HAVE LITTLE TIME" is not a good enough excuse... Because if you have no time you have no busniess doing shit with a shop. And i have had plenty of time to work and go racing ever since i turned 15! (Time is no excuse)

Mufflover
09-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Pat yourself on the back streetsweeper for being so much better then everyone else, can you even reach your back?

StreetSweeper
09-25-2008, 09:08 AM
:butthead: Thats right buddy i am better! better then you i actually show my face, and your just a hider!

JustinS
09-26-2008, 12:11 AM
wait....it took a month for this shop to put in a turbo?
No, that was my brother and a friend working on said friends personal car.

StreetSweeper
09-26-2008, 06:15 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

And yes it took about a month and a half to two, of them fucking with it, and them calling Jesse every 10 minn, before he felt sory enough to go finish it for them !

And yes BOLT ON!

JustinS
09-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Your point is moot George since Jacob is not a tech for this shop. Besides, when you're waiting three weeks for parts its bound to take quite awhile.

Domestic Disturbance
09-26-2008, 09:59 AM
did the mad doctor have to tear it apart?

xci.ed6
09-26-2008, 06:38 PM
So I offered to help these guys 2 nights to get this DD running so I can take my payment.

funny.....

anyway, both nights I sit around waiting for them to get out to the shop so I can go help them, and they never call back. Really guys you're at the end of the leash. I saw you out there tonight, and I noticed no one called to tell me. If I wasn't headed out of town right now I would meet you all there with the cops. Really. That's what is happening when I get back in town Saturday or Sunday.

Drifte
09-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, do what ya gotta do. Whoever "bought" your car needs to man up anyway. You dont go to a dealership trade in your car, but then keep it...and not pay for the new car, do you?

Wish I had the balls to bring cops in when something like this happened to me. :/

xci.ed6
09-30-2008, 08:33 AM
so he says he'll have the car & title today, but not the money...

xci.ed6
09-30-2008, 03:00 PM
or not, since apparently the car he was supposed to give me got impounded.

ZacFields
09-30-2008, 05:40 PM
What? Impounded?

How did this happen?

Drifte
09-30-2008, 05:50 PM
huwhaaat?! So...keep us updated here. How does an ED civic get impounded anyway...you cant even get a loan for something like that?!

xci.ed6
09-30-2008, 06:27 PM
doesn't matter now. went down to the joco sheriffs office today. I need Mathew's address so the sheriff can serve him the paper work. Either that or they serve it to the shop (at: 2698 reservoir rd. unit 6).

So if anyone can hook me up with his addy that would be nice. By PM only, please.

JJ240
10-03-2008, 11:36 AM
This is some fucked up shit! Small claims court here you come...hope you have paperwork trails.

DragonUSMC
10-04-2008, 10:41 AM
yeah i'd definitely just sue. sounds like you've been playing this game too long already.

xci.ed6
10-06-2008, 02:59 PM
He contacted me today and said he is going to pay up. I just have to figure out how much I want.

Cash from previous deal-$800
K-sports-$750
94 Civic-$???

The civic books at $2000 in fair condition, but needed both bumpers and some rust fixed, as well as minor rust repair. My plan was to drive it, sell the accord, and flip the civic in the spring after getting a new car. It would cost me around $600, and I would have probably got around $1800 on the sale, but then there is the other value (no car payment, 1/2 insurance cost, etc...) that I am loosing, as well as the costs that I have incurred trying to collect on my $$. I think $1400 would be as fair as possible to both parties. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Drifte
10-06-2008, 03:57 PM
I guess it doesnt sound like very much at all...but if he couldnt pay $800 hows he gonne pay double that?

NewSpeedSteed
10-06-2008, 04:13 PM
I vote for small claims court, not be be a dick or anything but as people said this has gone on too far. Even if problems came up and plans didn't work out like both of you hoped you shouldn't wind up with the short end of the stick or have to settle. Plus theres the chance that even though he says hes going to pay up.... will he? I'd hate to see you get burned after all of this man. It would just be easier to let the courts deal with it, if you have paperwork/proof like JJ240 said.

Ricky
10-06-2008, 05:27 PM
LETS JUST KILL THEM!!!

well maybe not that, but i would want a bit more for my troubles and "being nice" about not taking them to court...

Domestic Disturbance
10-13-2008, 01:07 AM
you ever catch up to them. after running into you saturday night they came back out to bank of the west for a while. then took off as soon as some cops came and 'interviewed' rob haha

Drifte
10-13-2008, 08:41 AM
^ "they" sound like their 12 haha.

xci.ed6
10-18-2008, 03:38 AM
well since matthew franks no longer will talk to me by phone I decided to stop out at the party at rapid performance. He refused to talk to me again there, and I got sucker punched and K.O'd by a group of like 10 guys. I just got back from the E.R. with 9 stiches, a broken nose, and a few c.t. scans and x-rays to make sure my dome jelly was all good.

~626~
10-18-2008, 04:55 AM
well since matthew franks no longer will talk to me by phone I decided to stop out at the party at rapid performance. He refused to talk to me again there, and I got sucker punched and K.O'd by a group of like 10 guys. I just got back from the E.R. with 9 stiches, a broken nose, and a few c.t. scans and x-rays to make sure my dome jelly was all good.

Seriously?!?
Rapid Performance?
Not cool at all, hope your feeling better dude!

DJ0820
10-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Messy Messy. Fucking idiots :cop:

biohazard
10-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Damn man that sucks.

Ricky
10-18-2008, 07:56 AM
they called me and wanted me to come out to the party last night... maybe i should have gone... hope your ok dustin

DustinsDuster
10-18-2008, 08:37 AM

knowing you as long as i have Dustin, i can see you making someone mad enough to hit you- but that still doesnt make it alright. they still owe you money, and are now ignoring you, right?

im really waiting for one of them to get on here and tell their side of the story- although i cant see how it would justify hitting you.

DJ0820
10-18-2008, 09:02 AM
It takes class to lure two people into a building and jump them. Now I wasn't there, but my house is where dustin was taken immediately after said events. From what I understand, this Matt fellow called the cops on dustin after they left because the cops showed up at dustin's house, then his parents and 2 johnson county sheriffs showed up at my house. I really would like to hear the logic behind that move...assaulting someone at your own party then having the gall to call the cops on them?? These people just might be dumber than I originally thought.

xci.ed6
10-18-2008, 10:56 AM
I was there for less than 3 minutes. I got surrounded, some kid told me to hit him, I said no and started to call the cops. I got hit in the temple from behind (I've been told that this guy hit me with his cast) and KO'd, and everyone piled on when I hit the ground. I hit no one, swung at no one, didn't even have a chance to block a single punch. I have bruises all over my back and sides (thank god I was wearing my motorcycle jacket or those would be worse) and my phone was damn near destroyed.

The only argument that occurred is that Matt claims the arrangement for my car was $800. I reminded him it was $800, my coilovers, and his 94 civic sedan. Those were the only words exchanged with Matt, then I was surrounded.

xci.ed6
10-18-2008, 12:35 PM
[double post]

xci.ed6
10-18-2008, 12:37 PM
All I know is that what you're telling me Dustin is something that really needs to end up in court. I sure as heck know that I wouldn't want to leave my car with a bunch of people that are going to be having parties at their shop and are going to end up getting in fights and sucker-punching their customers. People need to know to avoid this place.

I hope you filed some charges Dustin. This is getting ridiculous.

I think i did, the deputies asked if I wanted to press charges, and I said yes. I have no way to ID any of the people though, I mean, I got knocked the fuck out.
If anyone was there and witnessed the events, and/or can ID the people, please call the Johnson County Sheriff office at (319)-354-3729.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Where is this "Rapid Performance". Just out of curiousity, do you have an address?

I think you should go back down there and try to talk it out. However this time take some people with you just in case any "pops off" I would be MORE than happy to tag along, and i am sure some of my old MMA buddies would come with too :)

Either way, what is the address?

ZacFields
10-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Until I hear that this situation has been resolved, this topic will remain in "announcement" status on the forums.

xci.ed6
10-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Where is this "Rapid Performance". Just out of curiousity, do you have an address?

I think you should go back down there and try to talk it out. However this time take some people with you just in case any "pops off" I would be MORE than happy to tag along, and i am sure some of my old MMA buddies would come with too :)

Either way, what is the address?

I'm not going back. It is time for my lawyer and the cops to handle it. I'm not one to resort to violence. All I really wanted from Matt was his street address so I could have the paper work served for the small claims lawsuit.

If you want to go check it out (since the driveway is probably still covered in my blood), it's off 965 south of swisher by Dan's overhead door. Line of warehouses, unit 6.

xci.ed6
10-18-2008, 01:03 PM
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v357/247/115/71801452/n71801452_32282713_5336.jpg

That's today, I'm trying to get the pics from last night.

Domestic Disturbance
10-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Damn thats fucked up. Over an 800 dollar car too. Some people are fucking worthless

Ricky
10-18-2008, 06:13 PM
i talked to a kid today about it and he said he was inside when it happened and still doesnt know what went on.

Marc1234
10-18-2008, 06:48 PM
First of all This has absolutely nothing to do with Rapid performance, that just happens to be the place where Dustin decided to show up uninvited and start a conflict. Tell me that you didnt come for a fight Dustin, is that why your friend had Brass knuckles in his coat pocket? Comon tell me again that you wanted no conflict with us. This was a deal made outside the shop between two parties. It has absolutely nothing to do with Rapid Performance itself. The car was outside because Matt agreed to give the car back since he didnt agree to the new agreement of terms. The car still remains outside for pickup and the Motor and traction bar setup is safely in the shop. No one affiliated with rapid performance was involved in a fight in fact myself and Blake both offered to help afterward. Two kids that were at the party jumped in and that was the fight. This isnt the klnd of thing anyone wants to be associated with a business name and we at Rapid Performance were not the least bit thrilled to find out someone had just been beaten up in our parkinglot. For everyones information the party was a little grand openning thing for our friends etc to come check everything out, the shop is not a party spot and other than a BBQ here and there there will be no more.

Everyone needs to understand also that if this gets associated with Rapid Perfomace's name in text on here, messages texts, etc from this point forward as well as any negative comments or slandering all will be filed and turned over to our atourny. If it comes down to it we have a few people involved with the shop with enough drive and $$ to take this as far as anyone wishes in court but like we said earlier instead of wasting everyones time and money lets get this out there and over with, preferably being settled outside of the shop.

If anyone has any further questions regarding the incident or any viable information please contact us at 319-540-0747
Dustin our sincere apologies go out to you from Rapid Performance and we are sorry this had to come down to this especially dealing with people whom are totally uninvolved with the shop. Those people involved if and when we get names will be informed they are no longer welcome on the property.
-Marc, Blake, Travis

xci.ed6
10-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Rapid Performance is a commercial entity, not a private residence. When was the last time you needed an invite to go to Target? Also, I was invited inside by Blake as soon as I stepped out of my car.

I asked for the car back because I did not agree to the new terms of you taking it and not paying me. I was supposed to be paid 5 days later and it has been 2 months. Matt said 3 weeks ago that he would pay me cash( not the previously agreed 94 civic, $800, and my coil-overs) and asked what I wanted, I said the total value to me was $2750, and he stopped contacting me again, so I asked for the car to be returned to me the way it was removed from me. When I arrived you still had my parts in and on Matt's car, and not installed on my car.

Within seconds of stepping outside of Rapid Performance on request by Blake, I was surrounded and jumped by people who came out of Rapid Performance, on the property of Rapid performance, under the supervision of one or more employees/owners of Rapid Performance. As a business you are liable for injuries sustained on your property.

I can not feel bad for your friend getting stitches, he was beating my face with a group of people while I was unconscious on the ground. I do not know anything about any brass knuckles, and I'm sure the Deputies would have asked me about them if your claim were true.

I would appreciate the release of the names of those involved in jumping me to the Johnson County Sheriff. Being that I was unconscious I could not identify them, and must rely on witnesses.

SaNdMaNsSi
10-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Probably not too smart to be threatening lawsuits when an attack was made on private property....I opine that liability could in fact be such parties'....

Marc1234
10-18-2008, 07:32 PM
No one invited you inside, and it is a private property, we rent the said space, we do not own it. And by under the supervision of a rapid performance employee what is that supposed to mean? Because we were outside it was our issue? Lets just put it this way, Blake asked you to get out of the shop, thats asking you to leave.you just said so yourself. You came into the shop, pushed matt... whats this "talk about things"? Myself and Blake were trying to be civil with you and you wanted nothing to do with it. If you think you can just come into our shop and push peaople around, and then when asked to leave you go outside and whip out brass knuckles you got another thing coming. Did you really expect to keep the peace that way? Honestly you asked to get hit in the face barging in and doing what you did. Your case is as follows according to our Lawyer at this point, you came uninvited onto the premesis with a weapon and when asked to leave by an owner you proceeded to push someone and once outside remove the weapon (brass knuckles) from pocket as if you wanted to fight and you got hit for it. This is all we are going to say, if you have more questions you know how to contact us. I would delete some of the coments posted, we are giving 24 hours notice if we see some of these slandering comments on here this time tomorrow they will be imediately filed and forwarded to our lawyer. Slandering a business is a great way to really screw yourself. This internet bickering is not the proper way to handle business.

-Rapid Team

xci.ed6
10-18-2008, 07:43 PM
When I stepped out of my car Blake said, 'Are you looking for Matt', I said yes, he said 'He's inside' as he pointed to the door. Also, you are a commercial entity, I must ask again, so you get invitations to go to Target?

I had my cellphone in my hand and was beginning to dial 911 as I was being surrounded, you can see my phone if you want to, it is scuffed to shit because it was knocked out of my hand. Nice way to change the story, first my friend has knuckles, but now I had them? Again the deputies said nothing to me about them, and if your claim were true I'm sure they would have since they are ILLEGAL!

I have said nothing that is not true, so good luck in charging me with slander [edit: libel]. File them now.

DJ0820
10-18-2008, 07:43 PM
I hear underage drinking is a great way to promote a business

xci.ed6
10-18-2008, 08:10 PM
oh, yeah, why don't you reinstall my parts and drop the car off at my house (after all, they were installed when the car was taken from me). There is no way in hell I'm heading back to Rapid Performance unless I can get a police escort.

ZacFields
10-18-2008, 10:29 PM
No one invited you inside, and it is a private property, we rent the said space, we do not own it. And by under the supervision of a rapid performance employee what is that supposed to mean? Because we were outside it was our issue? Lets just put it this way, Blake asked you to get out of the shop, thats asking you to leave.you just said so yourself. You came into the shop, pushed matt... whats this "talk about things"? Myself and Blake were trying to be civil with you and you wanted nothing to do with it. If you think you can just come into our shop and push peaople around, and then when asked to leave you go outside and whip out brass knuckles you got another thing coming. Did you really expect to keep the peace that way? Honestly you asked to get hit in the face barging in and doing what you did. Your case is as follows according to our Lawyer at this point, you came uninvited onto the premesis with a weapon and when asked to leave by an owner you proceeded to push someone and once outside remove the weapon (brass knuckles) from pocket as if you wanted to fight and you got hit for it. This is all we are going to say, if you have more questions you know how to contact us. I would delete some of the coments posted, we are giving 24 hours notice if we see some of these slandering comments on here this time tomorrow they will be imediately filed and forwarded to our lawyer. Slandering a business is a great way to really screw yourself. This internet bickering is not the proper way to handle business.

-Rapid Team

Count your 24 hours. Nothing is getting taken down. This happened on your property, thus your business name will come up. The people involved in the incident happen to always be on your property when these things happen... again, your name will come up.

I know as much about law as I need to know, and obviously more than you do. We will not be taking anything down. Nobody here has said anything that they are not within their legal rights to say.

Freedom of speech. We are not competitors of your business, thus we can say whatever we want about your business. Nobody here has anything to gain by telling lies about your business. If we did, meaning if we were a competing business, then you would have a case. As it is, we are not.

If you want something taken off this site, I suggest you take a different attitude. This site has been here for 4 years and I know what our legal rights are. Trust me on that. You won't get anywhere with legal threats.

ZacFields
10-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I hear underage drinking is a great way to promote a business

Apparently these kids aren't old enough to remember Fast and Furious/HMI. Trent is in Moline now laughing his ass off at these kids I'll bet. He's got a great business set up now from what I hear, but I bet he has some words of wisdom for these kids that starts with not having parties at your place of business. Too much drama ALWAYS happens, people take you for granted, and YES they will talk crap about your business on the internet.

*News Flash* I could create a topic right now saying "What do you guys think of Rapid Performance?" And anyone on these forums is well within their rights to explain how they feel. They can say they did a shitty job on my turbo installation, they can say they charge too much, and Dustin can say that some kids that always seem to be AT Rapid Performance but for some reason don't actually work there completely ripped him off.

Nowhere in the forums did Dustin or anyone say that Rapid Performance stole his car. Even if he did, it wouldnt' matter. From what I've been told, Dustin was given business cards from Rapid Performance by these guys. And the fact that they were at a "party" that the owner of the business is now calling a "private Party" automatically LEGALLY makes them affiliated with the business and/or the owners. So if Dustin needed to be invited to that party, thus making it "private," then every single person, dog, cat, etc is officially affiliated with that business, if only for that night.

Oh, and furthermore. You're not talking to a lawyer. A Lawyer would have told you to keep your mouth shut and not come in here incriminating yourself. Everything you have said on these forums could be used against you in court... especially how you say that you were inside and don't know who it was that hit Dustin, and then suddenly you seem to know more about it than you originally let on.

And if you have been talking to a lawyer, get your $5 back and find a better one who will tell you what you need to know. You NEVER openly threaten legal action on a forum.

Just in case you were planning legal action, you may not edit your two previous posts. Even the part where you said:

Honestly you asked to get hit in the face barging in and doing what you did.

Just got out of 6 months of Business Law classes :)

Ashley
10-18-2008, 10:55 PM
http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/sland ... -6535.html (http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/slander-on-my-business-6535.html)

Read the answers to this guys question. In order for a company to file a lawsuit claiming slander occurred, the company would have to have PROOF that the slander caused SUBSTANTIAL damage to their business or reputation. Plus, in slander cases - they use truth as an absolute defense .. which means the entire trial would be focused on whether or not the slanderous statements were true or not. In this case, they're true -- Dustin's saying he got jumped at Rapid Performance, and he did.

Sometimes gossip and oddballs are a part of doing business and not the business of the court system.

No lawyer in their right mind would ever take a slander case involving Rapid Performance whining about some kids on a message board. It's a lost cause, kids.

ZacFields
10-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Here is a direct quote from the link Ashley provided. I suggest the ridiculous lawsuit claims stop immediately, or you won't be on these forums to defend yourself anymore.

I often get calls from people who want to file slander suits against people who say false things about them. I cannot think of a single time it would have been worth it to file such a case. There are two reasons for this. First, as Mr. Melton mentioned, it's not worth filing the case unless there are substantial damages, such as loss of a large contract, loss of substantial income, or mass-media exposure for a significantly harmful lie. The second reason is that truth is an absolute defense in these types of cases - which means the entire trial will be focused on whether the defamatory statement is true or not. You almost certainly don't want to litigate that. The classic example, easily found on a web search, is the suit by Oscar Wilde against the Marquis of Queensbury in the 19th century. That trial ended up destroying Wilde's reputation, by showing the truth of the supposedly defamatory statement.

Can you sue for slander? Possibly. Should you? Very likely that you should not.

Marc1234
10-18-2008, 11:45 PM
money buys anything :)

Ashley
10-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Wow. I wish I could be just like you guys.

[insert large eye rolling HERE.]

ZacFields
10-18-2008, 11:46 PM
Really? Maybe you should pay me to take it down then. That will get you further than the law will.

I'll even do you a favor. I'll only charge you $1,000 to take down this entire thread. That's not even 1/5 of what a lawyer will charge.

Oh... Wait... if you actually had money you'd just pay the... what... $500 that these completely unrelated friends of yours owe Krustin and avoid making yourself look stupid when you walk into a law office and tell them some kid was talking nasty about your business and they charge you double that amount so they can laugh in your face and tell you to go home. :neener:

JacobS
10-19-2008, 01:11 AM
dustin, i just wanted you to know that I am very sorry for what happend. i knew it would end like this from when it first started. and that i WILL make sure your car gets put back together even if i have to do it myself. i am in no way affiliated with the shop anymore (i never even ahd a key) butwhat needs to happen is your car needs to get put back together. i will do that for you. and i have your number so you can come pick the car up with a trailor (if i had a truck and trailor, id deliver it myself, but unfortunatly i dont).

again, im sorry for what happend. hopefully you dont hold anything against me because i had nthing to do with it.

ZacFields
10-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Jacob,

It's too bad for them that you're not affiliated. From the sounds of it, you'd be the brains and maturity of the entire operation. But I guess it's those same talents of yours that prevent you from being affiliated with them.

I've said it a million times but you're a good kid Jacob. If you ever start up a legitimate shop, you know where to go to get some free good publicity.

IAF can be used as a tool to accelerate the growth of your business... if you're an upstanding business. You're smart enough to learn from what is happening around you and I'm sure you won't make the same mistakes.

Ricky
10-19-2008, 08:32 AM
how about save the lawyer fees and pay Dustin his money...? problem solved. You know... money buys everything... lol give his car back or pay him. anything else will not get your shop any where. i would say someone has medical bills to pay now too.

xci.ed6
10-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Thank you Jacob. I just hope that Matt can remember which parts are mine, because I won't forget. I took pictures of every single piece as I packed it all up for him.

On a side note, it looks like I won't be able to go back to work for a few days, maybe all week. I get severely dizzy at random, and the migraine that started Saturday morning has yet to go away. Both are bad things as an electrician on wind turbines where I spend half my day climbing. I can't even drive right now. I missed out on the white trash party, only been looking forward to that for a year. Had my costume all ready to go for 6 months now, but I couldn't drive there so I missed it. Still can't chew solid food so I'm on a 'pudding diet' until my teeth heal. It has me wondering one thing...was matt EVER planning on paying me, or did he think he could just take the car from the beginning? I tried really hard to help this kid out, and not once did he even try to make things better.

I would like to reaffirm that the deal was his 94 Civic Lx sedan + $800 for my 91 Civic, and my coilovers were to be returned (just left on so they could trailer it).

DustinsDuster
10-19-2008, 09:47 AM
money buys anything :)

perhaps it can, but apparently you dont even have enough of it to pay for a 15 year old Civic...

DJ0820
10-19-2008, 10:20 AM
i knew it would end like this from when it first started.

Premeditated? What the fuck? You could've saved some people a lot of trouble, a trip to the hospital, etc. Did they think they were gonna get away with it? :suspect:

ZacFields
10-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Has it been 24 hours yet? Damn I've been waiting scared by the phone all day. Don't let me down Marc!!!!!

JacobS
10-19-2008, 02:01 PM
i knew it would end like this from when it first started.

Premeditated? What the fuck? You could've saved some people a lot of trouble, a trip to the hospital, etc. Did they think they were gonna get away with it? :suspect:

no no no no no...this was not premeditated. i should have said that in the back of my head, i knew soemthing like this MIGHT happen.

and dustin, if you can send me those pictures and/or a list of everything ill get it done for ya.

Stutz
10-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Wow this shop sounds like a joke, even if they didnt go around not paying people for cars and beating people up do they even know how to do any work? I guess it doesnt matter since this shop obviously isnt going to last very long, but a local forum would be a great way to get business. Hope this people have what is coming to them. Good luck.

Ricky
10-19-2008, 04:21 PM
i just hope this gets sloved... cuz sometimes people have LOTS of friends.... If i was rapid i would be doing everything i can to get this fixed before it REALLY gets out of hand. beating on a guy who is knocked out is a great way to show your tough.... fucking kids these days.

xci.ed6
10-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Let me make sure this is clear. The deal for the car was made with Matthew Franks who is listed on the business card I was given, but I was told he is no longer involved with Rapid Performance. My car was taken to the Rapid performance by Matt and Blake (also listed on the business card), and I was attacked at the shop.

The owners claim the shop has no involvement. I do not know.

ZacFields
10-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Right Eric.

I've seen enough out of the response by "Marc" that I would never give them my business and I will make damn sure everyone I know is aware of it. Someone was assaulted on their property in a situation regarding people who are friends of theirs and hang out at their shop all the time.

The response by an owner/staff of this shop should be apologetic at the very least. A real upstanding business would offer to pay for Dustin's medical bills that were incurred as a result of this, as well as turning over the names of all that were involved to the police to help Dustin get his assault charges pressed. These guys think they have enough money to file lawsuits, yet they don't have enough money to bail their friends out of trouble to keep their business from looking bad, or to pay some medical bills due to an assault that occurred on their property (which would also prevent them from looking as bad as they do).

I hope this is a lesson for everyone on the site. If you ever have a friend that wants to bring their vehicle to this shop, all you need to do is link them to this topic where "Marc" gave his response to Dustin getting assaulted on his business property. That is the type of class and care that your vehicle will get at this shop.

The bottom line to prevent things like this in the future: Don't let your friends hang out at your place of business. If they're not paying you money to fix their car, or you're not paying them money to be your employee, then they can't do any good for you. This situation proves it. Rapid Performance may very well not be involved here... but you know what? The car and the parts are there, and that's where this Matt kid always seems to be.

Since this was an "invitation only" party as Marc suggested, he should be able to produce the names of everyone who was there for the police to figure out who assaulted Dustin so they can get a taste of justice. My opinion of the business won't change until I see some attempt to right the wrong, and the "staff" of the business isn't in here making excuses for WHY Dustin got beat up.

xci.ed6
10-19-2008, 05:07 PM
i was just txted by an unknown number to let me know that my car has been moved outside with all the parts and I need to pick it up tonight or I will be charged storage and it may be towed/impounded.

ZacFields
10-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Go get it Dustin. It would just be more fuel for the fire if they tried to charge you for storage and/or towed the vehicle.

It would be more TRUTHFUL things you could post on the forums about how they do business. Shops need to be held accountable for actions such as these.

CiViC-Wanted
10-19-2008, 05:34 PM
If i was you though, I might get the police to go with you just incase, they tried to say you stole it or tried to pull some kind of joke, and you get in a bad situation, lest you have a officer there as a witness.

xci.ed6
10-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Here's the deal, though. The car is Matt's property, for the same reason I could not have him charged with GTA. It is my choice to accept the car back or pursue the value of the car in small claims court. I don't care which I do, I just don't want to get screwed, so I will speak with my attorney before accepting the car back.

Marc1234
10-20-2008, 04:15 AM
Dustins Duster- So you are saying I should buy the 15 year old car? What would that solve? My name isnt matt. I dont have a deal with dustin and I defenityely do not want that car at Rapid Performance in all honesty I think the thing is a lost cause at this point. I think you are confusing me as having somehting to do with Dustin, I am Just an owner of Rapid Performance.

I am just speaking for the shop, the reason Dustin that you were asked to leave is so that we could avoid something such as this happening though we failed. Since we rent the property we are on, extensive research and a lawyer has told me that what happens outside our shop door we are not liable for. And considering we are not officially open and our tax ID number is still pending we are not technically a business which is why you mainly see only our own projects in the shop currently. Even if we were an open public business it doesnt give anyone the right to barge in whenever. I mean I know I dont expect to be able to walk into famous footwear at midnight with a weapon and start a fight there and then want to persue legal action over it just because they are a public business and I feel Im allowed there. As of right now FYI according to the law and the government all we have is a big personal storage garage at the moment, so in all honestly no you werent welcome there.

Again its not up to Us at Rapid Performance to buy your car or settle up with you, that is between you and the people involved in the deal. Im sorry that our shop is where the car ended up. For you Zach to say that we are not an upstanding business or couldnt be in the future once everything goes through is a little overboard I feel considering a shop didnt steal or hold a car of anyones nor were they involved in the fight rather it took place at the shop against the will of the owners. Do you really think we as people who are trying to get our name out there wanted any of this? Of course not it sickens me. Im willing to work with anyone to clear our shops name because I feel its a big mistake that it is getting confused with being a part of this problem.

Dustin the text you recieved was from me earlier regarding the fact that now everything is out in the open so I now know the facts I no longer want the car in the shop or to be associated with the car. The car is still outside via your request that night before you left. If the car sits there for too long Im sure it will be towed because I know for a fact the owner of the property doesnt want project cars all over the parking lot, and theres already a few out there including Jacobs.

Jacob I appreciate you trying to help clear things up and when we were all hanging out at the shop today you did have some valid points as well as a few stupid comments but all in all I appologize for getting upset with you as you have no control over those who choose to be disrespectful on the internet. You are a good friend and I know you view Travis as a brother, you know you are welcome at the shop anytime.

As for whoever thought they would be cool and come by the shop and attempt to kick our door in and break into our shop heres a little info for you, the door swings OUTWARD, good luck kicking it in. Police have been notified and a report filed. Thanks to our neighbor who is almsot always at his shop next door he was able to identify the vehicle pretty well... ;) Grow up.

So in closing we are going to leave it up to you Dustin, its whatever you want to do and I can assure you that the people involved in the fight are not affiliated and there for wont be at the shop and you can come by anytime and straighten things out and or pick your vehicle and parts up but in the meantime its sitting beside the building via your request. If you want to persue a legal action that is your right as a citizen of this country but as we all know we are all responsible for our own actions and I cannot control what every person does at a given time, it was unfortinate that this had to happen.
Keep in touch and let us know what we can do to help

-Marc

SaNdMaNsSi
10-20-2008, 09:08 AM
That argument shows you didn't actually talk to a lawyer or they'd tell you something along the lines of, "Better be careful- Even if someone breaks into your house and trips and falls through your coffee table, you can still be found liable..."

Not to mention if you want to argue that a person can't be sued because they "aren't the owner of a property," actually you can. In either case if Dustin were to sue the owner of the property they would undoubtedly evict you, so in either case you get the short end of the stick. Good luck.

DJ0820
10-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Well, then I'd give the names of the attackers in order to pass the buck

SaNdMaNsSi
10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
...and "if you know the people involved weren't employees...." Then you know who was involved....

ZacFields
10-20-2008, 10:52 AM
For you Zach to say that we are not an upstanding business or couldnt be in the future once everything goes through is a little overboard I feel considering a shop didnt steal or hold a car of anyones nor were they involved in the fight rather it took place at the shop against the will of the owners. Do you really think we as people who are trying to get our name out there wanted any of this? Of course not it sickens me. Im willing to work with anyone to clear our shops name because I feel its a big mistake that it is getting confused with being a part of this problem.

Marc, you've come on here with much more sense than you did last time. I understand that you don't know me, but the wrong approach to take with me is to threaten legal action if I don't delete posts from my site. That's like holding a squirt gun to my head as far as I'm concerned. It won't cause me to want to delete anything, and it'll only piss me off.

I can't say for any amount of certainty that you won't become an upstanding business. You know what? I hope you do. I'm in college for Finance right now, and one day I'd like to start my own business as well (Financial Planning Firm). I wouldn't wish financial peril on a bunch of kids that are just trying to do something with their lives.

You guys will learn a lot of lessons over time. Nobody is perfect and nobody expects you to be. I haven't been out to your shop, but I remember some failed shops in this town from years past, and the one thing that they had in common is that they were poorly managed. Friends of the owner were always hanging around the shop even when they didn't belong there. Never actually buying anything, never actually contributing to the business at all. The shops were essentially glorified hang-out spots. As a result, you also didn't see many customers in the shop either. Just a bunch of guys normally working on eachother's cars all the time. Very few real paying projects going on because any customer that walked in was unsure if they could trust them with their car.

That's what a good shop boils down to, IMO. People have to trust you with their car. If you've got a bunch of foul-mouthed 18-22 year old kids running around the shop, nobody is going to want to leave their car in your shop. etc etc.

I wish you guys the best; I really do. As far as your shop being vandalized, I sincerely hope that whoever did that does not belong to these forums. If you find out that they are, please let me know who it is. I do not want criminals of ANY kind using this website as a tool to fuel their criminal activity.

ZacFields
10-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Topic has been taken down from Announcement status and moved to normal topic status. Located in the clubhouse now.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Slander eh?

"Rapid Performance" is a fucking joke! any business that will allow something like this to happen in, on or even around their proprty is not going to last long. Then telling someomeone they deserved to get jumped and beat down is also a HUGE fucking joke! You shoudl be happy Dustin only showed up, if it where someone like me you guys would have WAY bigger issues on your hands. As for your "lawyers" if they did indeed tell you that than i suggest you get some new lawyers because they do not know the law!

wether you rent or own, a business is just that, a BUSINESS! you do not have to be invited. You asked him to leave adn he complied, then people ASSOCIATED with your shop jumped him. Being associated with the shop does not mean they have to be employees and owners, anyone that is IN your shop is associated with said shop. You guys (shop owners) are 100% at fault... and i hope you guys get raped in court! Dustin will be happy when his $2700 turns into tens of thousands of dollars thanks to Rapid Performance

Marc1234
10-20-2008, 11:48 AM
You are a joke sir, grow up.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-20-2008, 11:57 AM
grow up?

because what i said was immature? I am speaking form experiance dick weed. I had a shop out in Marion with a couple buddies and a VERY similar thing occured. Now i no longer have a shop and have not spoken to those "firends" since i had to pay for 1/3 of a car because one of the guys was a moron and didn't know how to conduct business. I don't have a shop any more either so...

Be ignorant all you want, i am just telling you that you are in the wrong and the shop can and most likely will be held 100% responsable both for the car and the beating... For the record, I was RENTING the shop space with two buddies. Also one time a car got broken into OUTSIDE of the shop but since it was on our property and "in our posession" we where held liable and paid the damages (well, the insurance company paid but...).
Between that and the fact that i have been studying "the law" for a few odd years now i am just trying to give you some advice to help you out. So unless you want to be one of THOSE shops that has to keep moving and changing their name all the time i woudl get this dealt with and stop making up stories about your "lawyers" saying stuff. Also you know that if his car where to get stolen or broken into and stuff stolen out of it the shop is 100% liable and you WILL have to pay for everything!

xci.ed6
10-20-2008, 12:24 PM
I was asked to post the picture of myself from berfor I got cleaned/stiched up. This is immediately following my confrontation outside rapid performance.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v357/247/115/71801452/n71801452_32287592_4543.jpg

Drifte
10-20-2008, 01:13 PM
so now you are owed:

new set of clothes
medical expenses
weeks pay
car
lawyer fees
pain and suffering
rehabilitation
etc...

Very nice, and for Rapid Performance, "Marc1234" representative has just screwed your business. I didn't hold much hope for it anyway...

All this hilarious oh money money lawyers talk is hilarious. Why don't you take a guess at Dustin's financial backers income?

Now I have met a few of you kids, Travis and Jacob anyway. Seem like good kids, I know Jacob a little more and his brother.

So "Rapid Performance" held an INVITE only party at a rental storage garage. No owners of Rapid peformance were involved, but would it be safe to assume all employees/owners were at the companies "opening party?" And if you know Marc1234 that none of your owners/employees were involved that you also know who WAS! So what you have proved on this public board is that you do KNOW if fact who was their and who was and was not involved, but with held this information from authorities....

VERY nice. I cant help but laugh at the provided information from the defendant hear, even though at the same time their is a bloody and beatin picture of my brother on my screen.

I would love to have a nice long conversation with these rapid performance guys, at least Marc1234. It would make my day.

Marc1234
10-20-2008, 01:37 PM
I was asked to leave the car and parts outside and was told that dustin would return the following day for pickup of the vehicle, that never happened and Dustin will not contact me about it so the car remains there and is no longer my problem.
As for the Lawyer thing, that is not a bullshit story as you might think, 2 of the 3 people involved in this shop have familys with lawyers due simply to the fact that they own businesses as well. Thats who we will be using if necesary. All I know is if I went to Wal-Mart and got beat up in the parking lot Im pretty sure I wouldnt sue Wal-Mart as if they had anything to do with it, Id probably man up find whoever was involved and go from there. Maybe I have different morals, I dont know.

As for me somehow knowing who did it, why does everyone asume that since I know it wasnt my business partners that I know for a fact who it was? Im lost on that one... Im sorry I know my good friends and have for years but not the random kids that beat up your brother, my bad.

Ashley
10-20-2008, 01:59 PM
The only part I'm confused on: you claim it was a private party, but you don't know who was there, and now you're saying "random kids" like people just showed up at random to the shop.. kinda like what Dustin did. Strange.

Drifte
10-20-2008, 02:09 PM
It's a legal matter your "lawyer" could explain to you as to why dustin is not coming to get the civic. Its also the same reason he cannot contact you.

Fantastic avoidance to the questions.

We are not assuming you know, you told us you know. You told us several different stories in fact, all of which incriminate yourself more so. This is why I was hoping to strike up conversation with you on this public board. You are helping make this case easier.

"Im lost on that one... Im sorry I know my good friends and have for years but not the random kids that beat up your brother, my bad."

so you dont know a matt, or Skylar, or Rocky by any chance? Why do I ask, you are far to intelligent to just hand the case over!

Like Ashley said, it's interesting that "random" people, uninvited showed up to your private grand opening party, and yet...Dustin was given directions as to where he should go inside...

I like the brass knuckles stories, now you don't even have credibility on your side.

Now out of curiosity...what exactly are you and your fellow owners/employees qualifications to work on my car, or anyone's car? What equipment do you have, so I know what you "could" do?

xci.ed6
10-20-2008, 02:24 PM
The funny thing is I never said I would sue your business, I don't know how that idea got started. Doesn't mean I won't, though. It's all now up to my attorney.

I spoke with him earlier today, and decided to accept my car back. The sheriff must have misunderstood me, because when I went over the entire incident with the lawyer I was informed that I could/can charge Matt with GTA because he has made NO payment to me at all. I still have the car fully insured, as I always have, so I would be out zero money if I went that route. So now I am waiting on Matt to find all of my stuff and prepare the car to be towed out. It seems as though it will be thursday or friday before the car is ready, so please store the car inside until Matt has it ready for me.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-20-2008, 02:28 PM
When i thought the shop couldn't look any worse then this clown gets on here and somehow manages to make it look EVEN WORSE than before!

I REALLY hope someone is saving all of these posts and such so when he realizes what he is doing and tries to delete them all that they are still here. Espescialy you Dustin, this whole thread IMO would do you well in court when the time comes to get all the money Rapid Performance owes you.

Marc1234: as for your Wal-Mart statement... If Wal-Mart was holding a PRIVATE "INVITE ONLY" party and someone got their ass kicked by a bunch of pussies that where at said party yet when the time came Wal-Mart reps had "no clue" who was at the party, they would be out millions. Does no one remember Stella Liebeck? She bought coffee from McDonalds and AFTER leaving the drive thru, in HER OWN PRIVATE VEHICLE spilled coffee on herself and because the coffee came form McDonalds, she got a TON of money. Prairie got sued back when i was in High School because i got in a fight with a kid and he ended up in the hospital. Prairie had to pay his bills and everything, NOT me or my family... PRAIRIE because it was on their property and by being a student at the school I was therefore associated with the school and therefore I was "a representative of that institution".

some more examples for you:

Two guys where shot in a Strip Club parking lot in Palm Beach county by some teenagers that where selling drugs in said parking lot. The club owner is being sued...

Don't remember where this was but a kid got knocked off of his bike by a Bully at school while leaving the parking lot. He broke some bones and such and the SCHOOL got sued and had to pay...

In 1992, 23-year old Karen Norman accidentally backed her car into Galveston Bay after a night of drinking. Norman couldn’t operate her seat belt and drowned. Her passenger managed to disengage herself and make it to shore. Norman ’s parents sued Honda for making a seat belt their drunken daughter (her blood alcohol level was .17 – nearly twice the legal limit) couldn’t open underwater. A jury found Honda seventy-five percent responsible for Karen’s death and awarded the Norman family $65 million. An appeals court threw out the case.

In 1997, Larry Harris of Illinois broke into a bar owned by Jessie Ingram. Ingram, the victim of several break-ins, had recently set a trap around his windows to deter potential burglars. Harris, 37, who was under the influence of both alcohol and drugs, must have missed the warning sign prominently displayed in the window. He set off the trap as he entered the window, electrocuting himself. The police refused to file murder charges. Harris’s family saw it differently, however, and filed a civil suit against Ingram. A jury originally awarded the Harris family $150,000. Later, the award was reduced to $75,000 when it was decided Harris should share at least half of the blame.

lil krumm
10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
All this hilarious oh money money lawyers talk is hilarious. Why don't you take a guess at Dustin's financial backers income?

I got a pretty good guess on this one. And its enough to make sure everything that needs to be done, will be done, and to the fullest. Hope you guys clean up well for court.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Dustin... IMO, you shoudl just sue the fuck out of them and make them an example for all these dumb ass "shops" that have been popping up lately. Why take that Honda back when you could be driving a Porsche/lambo via "rapid Performance"

Seriously, if you just take your stuff back then I will beat your ass :bigthumb:
Honestly, think about, why the fuck should you break even... hell you wouldn;t even be breaking even, not even close. like i said above, any judge/jury would put money in your pocket so quick it isn't even funny! the LEAST i woudl do in your shoes... Get everythign back you gave them and charge them like $30/day for renting your car, make them pay medical bills, time missed at work and ATLEAST a little something on top of that for all your troubles. MINIMUM I would walk away with is your car back, medical, missed work and a few grand pain/suffering, that is OUT of court of course. If you do sue i would say you would EASILY double that of not more...

Drifte
10-20-2008, 02:36 PM
So...just charge him with GTA, we don't need anymore cars.

Drifte
10-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Well maybe marko12345 learned his lesson, and wont be joining us anymore. As he should realize the site owner is a good friend of the family. Why, we don't even have to save it, Zac has everything we'll ever need. I think Zac took away his editing ability as well, so its pretty permanent.

DJ0820
10-20-2008, 02:43 PM
The sheriff must have misunderstood me, because when I went over the entire incident with the lawyer I was informed that I could/can charge Matt with GTA because he has made NO payment to me at all.

Sheriff's that don't know the law :bigthumb: Very comforting

And a grand opening party for your business and you don't even have a tax ID? Are you just a business now when it is convenient and because you say so?

Drifte
10-20-2008, 02:44 PM
"Why take that Honda back when you could be driving a Porsche/lambo via "rapid Performance"

excellent point, but this is Dustin, a.k.a Honda were talking about. Nationally renowned automotive technician in mid teens, Honda a.s.e certified master tech a little later...

I think he'd take a 91 crx over everything but an nsx...

sLoWnStEaDy
10-20-2008, 02:48 PM
"Why take that Honda back when you could be driving a Porsche/lambo via "rapid Performance"

excellent point, but this is Dustin, a.k.a Honda were talking about. Nationally renowned automotive technician in mid teens, Honda a.s.e certified master tech a little later...

I think he'd take a 91 crx over everything but an nsx...

OK... then I say

"Why take that Honda back when you could be driving a nice NSX via "rapid Performance" and still have PLENTY of money for mods" :)
I wish this shit happened to me. I would already be driving my new GT500KR, then i would take it to "rapid performance" for a tire rotation :bigthumb:

DJ0820
10-20-2008, 02:52 PM
I would already be driving my new GT500KR, then i would take it to "rapid performance" for a tire rotation :bigthumb:

I wouldn't even let them shine up my wheels :suspect:

sLoWnStEaDy
10-20-2008, 03:18 PM
I would already be driving my new GT500KR, then i would take it to "rapid performance" for a tire rotation :bigthumb:

I wouldn't even let them shine up my wheels :suspect:

Good point... Plus i wouldn't want my brand new car to get stolen... I here they have a bad reputation for stuff like that :cop:

sLoWnStEaDy
10-20-2008, 03:37 PM
a quick little somethign for Rapid Performance and/or anyone else who is or will be running a "business". You will find this to be very true about consumers/clients whatever...

"If they have a good experience they might tell a couple people about it, if they are indifferent then they probably won't say anything to anyone but if they have a bad experience they will tell EVERYONE..."

I have already heard people talking about this that know nothing about IAF which means word is already out there. I engaged in conversation about this already at Chrome City, Slick Whips, O'Rielly Auto Parts, and with some kids at the little car show deal on thursday nights.

lil krumm
10-20-2008, 04:12 PM
I have already heard people talking about this that know nothing about IAF which means word is already out there. I engaged in conversation about this already at Chrome City, Slick Whips, O'Rielly Auto Parts, and with some kids at the little car show deal on thursday nights.

people at advance had nothing nice to say either..

FWD2AWD
10-20-2008, 06:18 PM
I was there with dustin that night, these kids are dumb and deserve eveything coming to them. When we got there I noticed a few people I knew and went to talk to them. Next thing I know Dusting was asked to go outside, and as soon as we got out there he was surrounded and jumped. I couldnt even get to him because there were so many people around him. I did what I could. I went there just as back up, in case something like this did happen, and I didnt even say one word to any of the people involved with said stolen car, because I was talking with a friend of mine that was at this private party. I'm just galdmy good friend dustin is ok and still alive. I've herd of people dieing because of less serious injury's.

lil krumm
10-20-2008, 06:22 PM
I was there with dustin that night, these kids are dumb and deserve eveything coming to them. When we got there I noticed a few people I knew and went to talk to them. Next thing I know Dusting was asked to go outside, and as soon as we got out there he was surrounded and jumped. I couldnt even get to him because there were so many people around him. I did what I could. I went there just as back up, in case something like this did happen, and I didnt even say one word to any of the people involved with said stolen car, because I was talking with a friend of mine that was at this private party. I'm just galdmy good friend dustin is ok and still alive. I've herd of people dieing because of less serious injury's.

i just want to tell you thanks for helping and pretty much saving my brothers life. who knows where these dumb fucks would've stopped if you hadn't been there.

xci.ed6
10-20-2008, 08:14 PM

I asked you to come along and back me up in case I needed a witness, and you did so much more. I really do think I owe my life to you. It is a good thing that I'm a toughasssonofabitch though, I took a good ol' beating while you took your time saving my ass. You'll get what's coming to you, as soon as I figure out what it is.

Marc1234
10-21-2008, 01:37 AM
It really doesnt make a difference who you know, who you are friends with or what your lawyer wants you to think, time will tell... As for the moron who brought up all the insane lawsuits over coffee etc, you want to do that go for it make yourself look like a pathetic piece of trash. This is the problem with America today, everyone is sue happy and looking for a scapegoat. Its not my fault you came to my property and started a fight. Again this has nothing to do with our shop.

And FYI Travis is soon to be a certified honda tech and Blake is 25 and already is a technician and we all have ASE certification.

Private get together, yea I would call it that its a private place and people are going to bring friends thats not my problem and Im not a dick to random people I dont mind meeting new people. This is unfortanate the way it all panned out but I dont understand why all the blame is on the shop and not whoever kicked the shit out of Dustin. This is way out of control and I think we all need to grow up a little bit.

By the way whoever has the nazi sign Im not even going to take the time to look what your name is but for the love of god listen to yourself, thanks for the entertainment!

My story is the same as it has been, Dustin came to our shop, was asked to leave, instead brass knuckles were pulled out by either his firend or him I dont even remember now and a fight broke out. Thats great have fun with that one. You want to hold a grudge against the shop go for it, more power to ya, just shows everyone is good at pointing fingers for no reason.
night
-Marc

Marc1234
10-21-2008, 01:52 AM
PS Whatever low life piece of trash was out at the shop screwing around trying to get in, be warned, next time isnt going to be a good experience.

Stutz
10-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Even if this incident didnt happen i doubt this "shop" would have lasted anyway. What can they even do? change the oil and install an ebay cold air intake? Is there anything your shop has even done?

Anyone who wants to make a future business remember the local car forum would be a huge way to get customers, way too late for this one tho.

JacobS
10-21-2008, 03:03 AM
in there defense, they did swap a b-series into a hatch. i took a look at it and i was stunned at how good it looked actually.

xci.ed6
10-21-2008, 04:22 AM
I'm getting threats that I need to 'get my peeps under control'.

1) most of you are not my 'peeps'
2) public forum
4) I have no control over what is or is not posted

Marc I do have a big problem with what you are saying though. First you say my friend has brass knuckles, then you say I have brass knuckles, now you say you can't remember but that you saw them. You also say you could not see who hit me, but if you were close enough to see brass knuckles it would be easy to see who hit me. Oh, and there were no brass knuckles (unless one of my assailants had them), I had my phone out and was dialing '911' which I announced that I was doing. What you have done is now called defamation of character, to both Seth and myself. I do ask that you stop spreading lies about the two of us, I have shown the same respect for your shop.

xci.ed6
10-21-2008, 04:28 AM
in there defense, they did swap a b-series into a hatch. i took a look at it and i was stunned at how good it looked actually.

who was that for?

JacobS
10-21-2008, 04:30 AM
i dont know the kids name...they did it when i actually had a job haha

xci.ed6
10-21-2008, 04:35 AM
So it was done as an actual job, and they were paid for it?

What year car?

sLoWnStEaDy
10-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Marc1234...

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SO GOD DAMN IGNORANT?!?!? YOU ARE EITHER THE DUMBEST MOTHER FUCKER I HAVE SEEN "OWN A SHOP" OR YOU ARE JUST COMPLETELY FUCKING IGNORANT OF THE LAW. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR FUCKING SHOP YOU COCK SUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!! IT I SNOT PEOPLE WHO ARE "SUE HAPPY" THAT ARE "THE PROBLEM WITH AMERICA TODAY" IT IS PIECE OF SHIT "BUSINESS OWNERS" LIKE WHO WHO DON'T KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT RUNNING A SUCCESFUL BUSINESS.

Your "shop" is going nowhere... even IF you had a chance, you don't anymore. There is nothing you can do to save face after making such an ass out o fyourself and your shop. I have never met you and i have no clue who you are but I promise everyone i know, and everyone my friends know, and everyone their friends know etc.... will NEVER even say your shop name unless it is in negative context. I would sooner let an untrained Chimp work on my car before i would let "Rapid Performance" even look at it.

Marc1234
10-21-2008, 07:47 AM
I dont even hardly know the other kid and as far as I know it was only the two of you Dustin and weather or not you ended up with the brass knuckles or not, your friend I know for a fact had them at first, sorry to make it unclear. Thats fact, instead of calling me out on a lie try being truthful yourself. You dont show up on our property claiming you want a peaceful outcome and that you are trying to be civil and then bring weapon(s) sorry man thats not how it goes.

slowsteady, again thanks for a good laugh man!

Marc1234
10-21-2008, 07:49 AM
For the record the swap we did was in a 92 hatch, and yes it did come out pretty nice but thats beyond the point, anyone that knows Blake or I knows how many swaps we have done together and would expect nothing less.

Marc1234
10-21-2008, 07:52 AM
As far as an actual job, I guess Im not too sure what you mean, IMO it was a job but it wasnt a cash deal it was a friend hookup more or less with a ton of parts trades.

xci.ed6
10-21-2008, 08:10 AM
So you do know the dude that hit me? Or you don't?

sLoWnStEaDy
10-21-2008, 08:19 AM
slowsteady, again thanks for a good laugh man!

I can't wait to see you get what is coming... I have tried to help but you are a completely ignorant Jackass... If your "lawyers" are indeed lawyers then i am very worried! Anyone with even a little COMMON knowledge of the law knows the shop can and most likely WILL be held completely responsiable for the incident. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope Dustin decides on a lawsuit so i can laugh my way to your "shop" the day it gets closed and simply say "I told you so".

Marc1234
10-21-2008, 08:45 AM
HA nothing would get closed man Im sorry but even if we made no money for a year we would still be open. the $$ is not the issue, a shop was our dream someday and it would take a lot more than this to take us out.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Really? A lot more than the entire city in which your shop is located thinking you are a joke? Then again you have to have PAYING CUSTOMERS to be a shop so you guys are basicaly just renting a garage for personal use so you should be O.K. i guess. I mean you guys must be REALLY busy what with having time to be on here all day and everything...

Come to think of it, i think i want to give my garage a name... HHHMMMM...
may be "cedar RAPIDS PERFORMANCE"... funny thign is i GUARANTEE i have had more "paying customers" in and out of my personal garage than you have had at your "shop" then again i don;t steal peoles shit and get them jumped so that may be a bit helpful. Also i don;t like to get on forums and make myself look like a complete ass by controdicting myself 85 times and then telling someone the deserved to get jumped at my "shop" and of course the whole not providing minors with alcohol helps too...

serisouly, everyone knows you guys are a joke. People in other cities are even talking about you guys. Granted, you are somewhat close the Coralville/North Liberty so that is probably why but still... This go WAY beyond the forum already and is is just going to keep getting worse. I for one will be sure the word gets spread even more...

Marc1234
10-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Are you telling me that I had something to do with Dustins car? Excuse me? Are you out your god damn mind? Lay of the crack man I dont have the time of day for you.

sLoWnStEaDy
10-21-2008, 09:08 AM
really, becaue you have been going back and forth for quite a while now...

and YES... YOU DID have something to do with dustins car... IT is/was at YOUR shop... therefore YOU had something to do with it. if nothing else, you are guilty by association, which is still GUILTY. Stuff like this is one of the reasons I am looking so forward to becoming a police officer. Just a few more months now...

I suggest you read up and get to know the law and QUICKLY because if not you will eventualy find yourself in a bad situation with some worse people. Not every one is going to take stuff like this laying down like dustin (No offense Dustin)

As for my mental state/drug use... Military Police have pretty strict guidelines when it comes to that so i addure you I am of sound mind and drug free :bigthumb:

Ricky
10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
this is better entertainment then HBO....

Marco Polo, you never answered Dustin's question... You must have saw who hit him or a least saw someone involved... how about the guy with blood on him that wasn't bleeding? lets start there. If you don't want your Shop to get sued then why not give up the name so Dustin can go after that kid instead of you? Makes seance to me but you might have to have someone explain it a bit better to you.

FWD2AWD
10-21-2008, 11:41 AM
So marc if you were in a fight were you might be out numbered you wouldnt try to pick a brick up or anything to either try to save your friend or protect yourself from several people trying to assualt you.

SaNdMaNsSi
10-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Sounds like this shop is full of tools....and not for working on cars....

JJ240
10-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Yeah its a pretty big joke. Marc you ever consider the fact that you are in posession of stolen property? If I were you I'd be all about talking to the kid to tell him you need to put the shit that belongs to dustin back on his car so he can take it back before you get in trouble for it. Also don't think that you guys are above reputation, because you aren't. Look at the last couple chumps who tried to start shops around here and ended up in the same situation you are heading for (not that you've probably even been in the scene long enough to know about them) If you can't convince everyone you are worth working with nobody will bring work to you. Just because you didn't do the deal with dustin you have involved yourself, and it is in your best interest to put forth some effort in sorting it out and getting the shit that belongs to him out of your posession and back into his.

Matt1234
10-21-2008, 12:53 PM
ok frist things frist. Im sure dustin would agree that EVERYONE who is not involved stay out of it. honestly this need to be left between Dustin and I and dustin and the shop. case done.

as far as me and dustin, we handled things he is getting the car back. done deal.

i just want to let people kno that one week before all this happen dustin call me and told me "I need to seak shelter before he finds me, he was comming to beat my ass". Dustin am i wrong? or how about the fact that we talked and he knew what was going on? or even before all that he helped me push the car on the trailer and agreed to accept payment at a later date. did we agree on a date nope so guess what? i still have time. all he can do is repo the car. he knows right where it is. but that yould make no sence because i agree to trailer the car back to him. so with the whole stolen car thing idk whats up with that. dustin that honesty needs to be dropped. we already talked about it. I had my other car sold so i could get you some money this week, till you threaten me one week brfore all of this.

ok as far as the shop, i took both cars there to make one run. they asked if everything was good to go between me and dustin, i told them yea (little did i kno) so in all honesty they had no clue what was going on. all they new is i bought the car and need to make one of them run.

i dont kno why you guys are so against the shop. how many shops will open there doors at 10 at night to work on a car and not get any money for it. better yet a kid named joe came to them and dropped his car off at 8:00 pm and he recived his car back at 7:00 the next morning (so be said) with a swapped motor. no money involved. who wouldnt want a performance shop like that??? they could do good things for anyone.

and as far as this site, i hardly know anyone on here. but im sure i can speak for everyone and say this is getting out of hand. its stupid. Zack im looking forward to meeting you, and seeing what you have to say about it. there is more drama going on right now its not even funny. does anyone care that out country is going into a depression? why are we trying to take money out of each others hands. honesty we all need to work together. from what im seeing dustin and zack are trying to be cool. and there is one person on here that doesnt want to see the shop work out because theirs didnt, sorry that your shop went under. if you were any kind of a man you would want to help them get buisness to make it work. and you would want to be there from the start so you can maybe be apart in some way later in life.

Every busniess goes through bad times, it really sucks they have to before its even a business. sucks that no one whats to see a shop around here.

dustin is getting his car back and yes i will make it right with him. i have NO money right now but guess what? christmas and tax season is commin up and i always get money. lol its kinda nice. but any ways i want to give you some money for the car (you can keep the car) just for the whole deal getting messed up. (only like 3-4 hundred)

hope to hear from dustin soon, till then i hope all the drama can stop.

xci.ed6
10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I never threatened any type of violence towards you, not my style. I have never even made a threat towards you of any type.

We did agree on a date, which was the Sept. 12th, I have this information saved in my phone as a txt message from you, there were also 3 witnesses present when we made the agreement.

The reason I could have you charged with GTA is because I have received zero payment from you for the car. This is what I plan on doing unless my car is at my house Friday.

I am done posting in this thread, as are my brothers, assuming you hold up your end of the deal and get me my car by Friday.

ZacFields
10-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Zack im looking forward to meeting you, and seeing what you have to say about it.

At this point I'm not sure I'm going to be meeting anyone regarding this situation based on the conversations that are taking place here today, so here is what I think about it with all the facts lying in front of me.

First, I think Dustin created this topic here to light a fire under your butt (Matt) and get you going. Times are hard for everyone Matt, just like you don't have the money to give Dustin, he also may need that money too. From what I understand, you guys don't know eachother very well, so what reason does he have to trust that you'll eventually pay him? That is why this ordeal got blown up. If you spend enough time reading, this forum is used for that exact purpose all the time. "I got stiffed by someone... does anyone know this person or know where I can find them to talk to them?"

Actually, the shop wasn't ever brought into this conversation as the people involved in the deal. Dustin said he received a business card from you for Rapid Performance, so that's where the shop's name became involved in this. Why wouldn't he think you were affiliated with the shop? You gave him a business card. Jacob came on here and told us the shop wasn't involved... fair enough, and we stopped discussing the shop's involvement in this situation.

These last few days, the shop has been heavily involved in conversation because an assault occurred there. My interest in this assault is that I've known Dustin for a long time. His younger brother is one of my best friends, and I want to know who did this to him. Not because I want revenge, or anything stupid like that, but because I want Dustin to have that information so he can proceed with making sure this person (or people) get justice. From what I understand, he'll miss about a week of work and had to pay the ER to patch him up. I know where Dustin works, and trust me the amount of money he makes in a week is more than the amount you owe him, not to mention the hospital bills. This is important, and somebody needs to fess up. Don't do it on the public boards, but PM Dustin or myself with the information so this can all be over.

I am satisfied with your response Matt, but I'm not the person involved in this matter. I would not have made a single post in this topic if Marc had not threatened to sue me for defamation or something along those lines (which is realistically not possible).

As far as people's viewpoints on the shop, I have no control over that. I did Marc a courtesy by removing the topic from "Announcement" status (meaning it was displayed at the top of every forum) and placing it into regular topic status. I believe that the shop isn't involved in this, I truly do. At the same time, I can't help the fact that Marc is in here saying the wrong things. Really all that was needed to be said was

"I want to remind everyone that the shop is NOT involved in this situation. We are truly sorry for the assault that happened on our property and we are investigating the issue. We will find out who was involved and we will turn that information over to you Dustin. As far as your car is concerned, we will get it ready to be returned to you ASAP."

Had that been the only thing that was said, I think this would be a very different conversation.

My overall viewpoint on this situation? I don't even really care about the car, where the car is at, who it belongs to, etc at this point. I'm just amazed that whoever knocked Dustin out at the shop is being protected. Somebody knows who did it, and that person needs to come forward and give that information away.

Realistically, the shop did not become the focus of this conversation until the assault happened. As I said above, someone from the staff of that shop had the power to end this with a carefully articulated statement, but that didn't happen. All that happened was like someone throwing gasoline onto the fire.

Finally, You're right Matt. I should be, and am willing to help Rapid Performance get some business. In the past I have made advertising agreements with other shops in this city, and some businesses in other parts of the state. I normally charge only $50 for a year of banner advertising on this site, that gets roughly 1 million hits per month, 90% of which are in the Cedar Rapids area. If $50 is too much, all I ask is for Iowa Auto Forums to be advertised at the business to my liking (exe: I provide you with about a 10 foot banner, you find somewhere in your waiting room/main area to put it). Anybody is welcome to take me up on either of those offers.

The other way to get business here is by just doing good work, and then coming here to talk to us about it. I hear they did a good motor swap on a car overnight. All it takes is to take some pictures before, during, and after the installation and then swing on over here and post them. People will enjoy seeing it and reading about it, and it creates a positive reputation for your business. We have other businesses on here that do that as well.

That's the last I have to say about this topic. I'm withdrawing involvement in this situation other than being a person someone can give information to privately. If you have information, PM me on this forum or email me at ZDFields@gmail.com .

Marc1234
10-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Alright then its settled. Everything Im sure will work out for everyone in due time. Zach id love to take you up on the advertising offer and as a matter of fact I do have a ton of pictures from that swap all ready to go up in a thread I just have to find the time to do so. I tried just saying the deal was over and the shop wasnt involved but Ill admit a weakness of mine is keeping my mouth shut when I am getting directly attacked and everything did escalate to an insane level. Matt is an old friend, I have known him since elementry and I know he wouldnt intentionally screw anyone, Matt has had some real rough times lately (not to make excuses) but that having been said and his agreement to settle up makes this about over in my opinion. Rapid Performance isnt holding a grudge against anyone, after this topic is done Im forgetting it all and taking a fresh start with everyone based on the fact that I really dont know many of you therefor cannot judge you. On behalf of Rapid Performance Id like to thank everyone for their concern and those that were able to keep it civil and have an open enough mind to realize there is always more to the story.
-Rapid Team

ZacFields
10-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Sounds good to me.

You're all right Marc. I'm not sure how old you are. I assume you're the same age as Jacob so you're pretty young. I remember being your age and having the same problem. Nobody likes to be attacked, and nobody likes their business or establishment to be attacked. Trust me, this is the site that used to be CR:Underground (if you didn't know) and I wasted plenty of time defending my site/club back then.

Obviously this ordeal isn't "over" and the people involved still need to hammer out the details of what's going on, but as far as this discussion on Iowa Auto Forums, it is over. As I said, I urge anyone with information about the assault that took place to notify someone involved and tell them what you know. If you want to remain anonymous, I will take the information from you and forward it to Dustin without telling him who you are.

I'm going to lock this topic now. Again, anyone can feel free to PM me for any reason regarding this issue or anything else.