PDA

View Full Version : Wagamino goes to fuel injection......

90 notch
09-17-2008, 07:51 AM
After some long years and thought were going to fuel injection.I have no hard feelings towards the blo-thru but we've payed our dues.It is coming together great already.Chris has already got about 50% of the fab work already done.He made a custom sheet metal elbow that looks AMAZING.The intake is off to kevin thompson(pump gas drags)for the conversion and we should have that back the middle of next week alreadY!Next is just wiring of the big stuff 3.With all of our connections it was the right chose......I will post some picks soon!Steve o

drfast4ward
09-17-2008, 08:33 AM
about freakin time:) now its just a few key strokes to get it tuned in :)

snickerlicker
09-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Yep its about time. Time to datalog that beast!!!

Scott
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
cant you datalog without fuel injection

Jappbox
09-17-2008, 09:25 PM
datalog would be looking at timing, knock, injector duty, AFR, Throttle, exc.. i dont think you can do any of that with carb, inless you have a Wide band to se AFR thats it.

StreetSweeper
09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Hey carburation is a time of the past.. Once you learn how to play with it your going to wish you guys did it sooner!

Scott
09-18-2008, 07:20 AM
You can datalog pretty much everything on a carb car you can with a fuel injected car, with the exception of obviously injector duty and other stuf unique to FI. Im sure this will be better suited for forced induction cars. but if Im not mistaken some of the best dataloggers out there are stand alone units anyway that can interface with the PCM like a racepak or something like that. I know with my innovate I can record actual timing events, cht, egt, 02's, multiple fuel press, nitrous press, tps, MAP, g-force, shock travels, wheel speed..etc, basically any sensor can be calibrated to work with it.. Not dogging on fuel injection here, with a turbo it seems like it would definetly be the way to go..

30lbsboost
09-19-2008, 09:00 PM
welcome to the 21st century!!
I think you will really enjoy the efi, I bet the car will go much faster (and soon)

good luck, theres still time to knock down some new best times this year!

later

Ninesecsnake
09-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Its about time.