PDA

View Full Version : problem with the ford

dsmtuner
09-08-2008, 08:43 PM
i have a 89 ford ranger (the famous truck) when i turn on the heater or just sit somewhere smoke comes through the vents if anyone has any idea what it is let me know thanx

Domestic Disturbance
09-09-2008, 12:44 AM
thats called ford love. i'd try sealing the bed, put about 20 gallons of gas in the bed, and light it on fire and dance around it drunk praising the death of yet another ford haha

DustinsDuster
09-09-2008, 03:22 AM
is there an exhaust leak under the hood? it could be drawing in smoke from there and bringing it into the cab. just an idea

Scott
09-09-2008, 06:38 AM
What does it smell like?? Does it only do it with the heater on or anytime the blower is turning, does it have to be set on high or any blower speed?? You might be looking at a heater core or maybe possibly a resistor pack.. need more info

Domestic Disturbance
09-09-2008, 12:37 PM
sorry for my lack of a mature answer

Scott
09-09-2008, 01:12 PM
you dont belong here chevy boy!!! TITS or get the phuck out :cop:

dsmtuner
09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
What does it smell like?? Does it only do it with the heater on or anytime the blower is turning, does it have to be set on high or any blower speed?? You might be looking at a heater core or maybe possibly a resistor pack.. need more info no smoke coming from under the hood but the only time it smokes is when heat is on or just sitting somewhere sometimes

Scott
09-09-2008, 03:02 PM
when your "sitting somewhere" I take it that your truck is running and the heater and/or AC, and the blower motor is not running at all?? It is probably your heater core if I had to guess, if your nose works give it wiff next time and see if it smells like anitfreeze. If you dont know what that smells like open your radiator cap sometime "dont get burned" and take a wiff of that..

dsmtuner
09-09-2008, 07:24 PM
ya it does smell like anti freeze

Domestic Disturbance
09-10-2008, 12:15 AM
you dont belong here chevy boy!!! TITS or get the phuck out :cop:

taking the picture now. it'll be a hairy pic though sorry :bear: