PDA

View Full Version : screw Obama....

sLoWnStEaDy
09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
yet ANOTHER reason why i will vote Republican before i ever vote for that f*ckin..... uhm... "candidate"

I looked into the accuracy of the email below, & it turns out it was true. It was originally meant for the serviceman's immediate family whom he sent it to as opposed to the entire world. The military isn't allowed to give political opinions, therefore the brass' response to this email was neutral & subdued. According to all military personnel there who have spoken about this agreed that Obama shook hands with servicemen only when photographs were taken. In other words (again), the email below is accurate.

XXXX

Hi...
Below is an e-mail from a young man stationed in Afghanistan that was sent to my girlfriends son who used to be stationed with him. I thought it was important that I share this with you. Please read below.

Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person.
I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to "The War Zone". I wanted to share with you what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.
As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General.
As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball.
He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service. So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home that he is their candidate for President.

I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way
over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are
providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief.
It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.
If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,

CPT XXXX (security reasons)
American Soldier

TbTalon94
09-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Eh, e-mails are e-mails. Anyone can just throw that one out there and claim it's truth. Even another running candidate.....

If he was only in Afghani for an hour, he probably was either in a hurry...or didn't want to get assassinated, because let's all be frank...there is a HIGH chance that's going to happen.

On another note...Presidents are nothing but peons for the higher powers. They are a public figure that are told what to do and they appear to "make the decision". You really think the real leaders would let someone like George Bush make critical decisions. He was strictly a public appearance for the real leaders. Simple as that.

Drifte
09-09-2008, 07:59 AM
that wasnt written by military personnel. Presidents do play a role in what is done or isnt done. But this email sounds like your average citizen, trying to start some crap.

Kal Pen was here yesterday supporting Obama, I stopped to help with car trouble and it was him, needed jumper cables. All I carry is a 10mm wrench :/

Snowman
09-09-2008, 08:02 AM
He was strictly a public appearance for the real leaders. Simple as that.

Sounds like somebody believes in conspiracy theories.

TbTalon94
09-09-2008, 10:28 AM
He was strictly a public appearance for the real leaders. Simple as that.

Sounds like somebody believes in conspiracy theories.

Eh I believe in a lot of stuff. Much more then just conspiracy issues.

slobalt
09-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I always like how these just "happen" to come out during election season.

Gotta love the world wide webs and all the truths you can find on it. Though I do lean towards Tbtalon on the whole puppet theater we all get to enjoy watching...

JJ240
09-09-2008, 02:57 PM
True or not the fact that its a believeable trait of his character should put some doubt in peoples minds. Not that friendliness to our troops is the main concern for alot of people voting, but if you heard that same thing about mccain instead of thinking hrm that might be fake you would just laugh at how obsurd it was.

Edit: I think I'm done with this one before it gets nasty....that thread title is gonna get some bad attention!

sLoWnStEaDy
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
That lette was actualy written to a member of another forum i frequent and he indeed verified it was an ACTUAL letter from a soldier... He actualy had the mans name up and everythign but the mods over there quickly edited the name out for his own "safety" or whatever...

HOW ABOUT THIS:

Obama said in his book "Audacity of Hope", "I will stand with the Muslems should the political winds shift in an ugly direction".....
what better place for the Muslims to control our country, than in the office of the President of USA

Urban Legend
09-09-2008, 10:00 PM
Sounds like the Starbucks e-mail about the war. They all lie, get our votes and are done with us anyway. Lets face it they both suck!!!

Domestic Disturbance
09-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm actually trying to uninvolve myself in this election. I liked both McCain and Obama pre-presidential race. Since this has all started though, both fail to impress me or stay static with their beliefs. Frustrating...

slobalt
09-10-2008, 09:27 AM
One letter in a sea of thousands. I don't know this man and I wasn't there. I believe he wrote the letter, I believe he was there to witness it also. I don't doubt the feeling of the individual who was there writing that letter. He believes what he wrote and has made his judgement. What about the other people there? Where are their letters? Not just a few but all of them. Even after reading all those letters I may get a glimpse of what happend but in the end I wasn't there, I didn't see and I don't know.

Conspiricy flies from both sides of the fence, had it been a letter about Mccain I'd still have the same feeling. I liked Mccain in 2000, I watched him these past eight years slowly get beat down and know I'm not so sure, my only hope is he's playing the game to win the election.

I was going to sit this election out and ignore everything but things change.... Now I'll have to read Obamas book for myself and form my own opinion. I do my best not have any preconcieved notions about anything or anyone. I want to hear the good the bad and everything in between. Unfortunatly we don't get that privilage anymore.

Everything we hear and read is biased in one direction or the other. I can listen to both sides of talk radio in the morning and hear the same thing the rest of the day echo in the work place. In some cases word for word. One message one voice, us vs them. But who is us and who are them? I'm just me..............

Caleb
09-10-2008, 01:26 PM
http://www.theinformationparadox.com/20 ... cains.html (http://www.theinformationparadox.com/2008/09/jon-stewart-obliterates-mccains.html)

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/cc_i ... t-ann.html (http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/cc_insider/2008/09/jon-stewart-ann.html)

Honestly, whether the letter is true or not. It has complete irrelevance to Obama's thoughts and views towards soldiers. I will not be voting for McCain even though I do like some of his idea's. I don't give 2 shits whether he was a "war hero" or not because again of irrelevance. But the one small fact up front I disagree with is the voting with Bush 90% of the time. Bush has been a joke for the past 8 years and as far as I'm concerned we don't need another Republican following in similar footsteps to make our country look like shit. Yes there's falsehoods from both sides but having someone young with a fresh mind in office would be a nice change of pace regardless of "experience." And as for McCain picking Sarah Palin for VP, this is very opinionated but more than likely true, it was a political move to gain votes from all the pissed off Clinton voters by picking a good-looking governor. But I think if McCain were to pass away, I don't think Palin would be ready to just jump into the presidential position right away vs someone like Biden. Don't think that was too thought out on McCain's part. But well find out though. I was always taught, Democrats are for the working class where as Republicans get all the tax breaks so they can keep going to the bank, keep the rich, richer. So far that has stood true since learning about politics.

DustinsDuster
09-10-2008, 05:49 PM
personally, i am staying out of politics until theres a canidate that i like. i havent yet, dont see one in sight.

McKeever
09-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I was always taught, Democrats are for the working class where as Republicans get all the tax breaks so they can keep going to the bank, keep the rich, richer. So far that has stood true since learning about politics.

Interesting, because when you look at the exit polls that come out after elections the top income bracket tends to vote Democrat, and the middle income bracket tends to vote Republican.

JJ240
09-10-2008, 07:01 PM
I love reading total bullshit...so far my most very very favoritest moment of this thread is the link to a "news show" on comedy central. I'm glad I live in a country where voting population can get its political opinions from a ratings based show whose emphasis is on being funny rather than being truthful.

ZacFields
09-10-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't think that McCain choosing a lesser-experienced VP should be any sort of target for democratic voters. The way I see it, at least the Republicans chose the lesser-experienced candidate as Vice President and not for President. Sarah Palin is every bit as experienced as Barack Obama, the difference is that she will ideally have at least some amount of time to learn from an extremely experienced John McCain before she is ever *possibly* called upon to run our country.

Barack Obama, on the other hand, will be the president of our country if he is elected. He will be running our country starting day 1 of his presidency. I think Sarah Palin's inexperience should be the least of any democrat's concern.

I'm a money-man. I used this article as my reference. I think it details McCain versus Obama's plans very well:

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/new ... index.html (http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/news/0806/gallery.election_issues/index.html)

Go through them and make a decision for yourself. I'm not going to spend a lot of time arguing one way or the other. Just gather some information and make a choice. All this VP pick, who voted what in the past, who is prettier bullshit is the reason why we can't ever be satisfied with the people we elect.

Choose a candidate based on where they stand with the issues. I happen to like SOME of Barack Obama's ideas and SOME of John McCain's ideas. It just so happens that I like more of McCains ideas than Obama's. I am a registered republican, but I'd vote Democrat in a second if some of Obama's ideas didn't scare me so much.

MustangSally
09-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Im not here to get into an arguement with the Republicans that are members .

I will say I do not believe this "so called letter" that this thread is about!

but I will share something with all that maybe interested, it IS NOT MADE UP it IS FACTUAL. Politics can get real dirty specially when one side KNOWS they are going to lose because of what their party has done to our beloved Country and the citizens are sick of it and them.

Please take a few minutes to sit back and listen to the broadcast.

after going into this url below, click on the "Listen To A Clip of The Call Here". Then tell how you would feel IF THIS WAS YOU THEY WERE GOING TO DO THIS TO!!!

http://thepage.time.com/2008/09/16/obam ... ment-plan/ (http://thepage.time.com/2008/09/16/obama-team-blasts-alleged-gop-disenfranchisement-plan/)

Stutz
09-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Lets see palin doesnt even know what the Bush doctrine is, Biden has foreign policy expericance but none of it is any good.

As far as personal life, McCain dumps his crippled wife for a young hotty with a lot of money. ANd obama is a secret muslim who hates america

But as far as the quote goes in his book its actually
"In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

He is bascially saying he would stick up for them if the US was going to go all crazy and put them all in camps like they did to the japanese in ww2.

Both candiates suck anyway.

JJ240
09-19-2008, 08:37 AM

but I will share something with all that maybe interested, it IS NOT MADE UP it IS FACTUAL. Politics can get real dirty specially when one side KNOWS they are going to lose because of what their party has done to our beloved Country and the citizens are sick of it and them.

after going into this url below, click on the "Listen To A Clip of The Call Here". Then tell how you would feel IF THIS WAS YOU THEY WERE GOING TO DO THIS TO!!!

http://thepage.time.com/2008/09/16/obam ... ment-plan/ (http://thepage.time.com/2008/09/16/obama-team-blasts-alleged-gop-disenfranchisement-plan/)

If you like audio clips find the one of barack obama saying "White greed runs a world in need" Thats a pretty good one too...if you're racist.

edit: also you're a fool if you think the republicans already know they are going to lose...I'm sure it helps you to sleep at night thinking that, but its ridiculous. McCain already has higher support in polls than Bush ever had, and Bush managed to win twice. I'm fully aware both candidates have a very good shot at winning, and thats what keeps me interested enough to care. If you are already so sure of a democrat victory why are you even here talking about it...shouldn't you just go celebrate instead of trying to sway peoples views?

MustangSally
09-19-2008, 08:31 PM

If you like audio clips find the one of barack obama saying "White greed runs a world in need" Thats a pretty good one too...if you're racist.

edit: also you're a fool if you think the republicans already know they are going to lose...I'm sure it helps you to sleep at night thinking that, but its ridiculous. McCain already has higher support in polls than Bush ever had, and Bush managed to win twice. I'm fully aware both candidates have a very good shot at winning, and thats what keeps me interested enough to care. If you are already so sure of a democrat victory why are you even here talking about it...shouldn't you just go celebrate instead of trying to sway peoples views?

Like I said, Im not going to get into a bitch-fight with anyone and I am not trying to sway anyone's vote for that matter.

If you like the way our economy has been going , if you like paying those high gas prices for almost 8 years than vote McCain so there's a 3 term Bush running, if your not happy the way these past almost 8 years have been then vote for the real change or just don't vote at all and know if you don't vote then don't bitch.

Im done here.

stoochers
09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
anyone who fights about politics online is lame

McKeever
09-19-2008, 10:46 PM

Like I said, Im not going to get into a bitch-fight with anyone and I am not trying to sway anyone's vote for that matter.

If you like the way our economy has been going , if you like paying those high gas prices for almost 8 years than vote McCain so there's a 3 term Bush running, if your not happy the way these past almost 8 years have been then vote for the real change or just don't vote at all and know if you don't vote then don't bitch.

Im done here.

So is it not the liberals that make hard for oil companies to drill for more oil? There by making it imposible for supply to keep up with demand, causing higher prices. And the whole primus that Obama can fix the economy is halarious. Surely you know that.

ZacFields
09-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Political Hay
Pelosi and Reid Blew It
By Andrew Cline
Published 9/19/2008 12:08:46 AM

The most fascinating political development of the summer has occurred with little notice. Republicans are respected again. Wait, what?

Believe it or not, entering the final quarter of the eighth year of the George W. Bush presidency, Republicans are ascending in popularity, Politico.com reported yesterday. Half of registered voters and half of independent voters have a favorable opinion of the GOP, according to a new poll from the Pew Center for the People and the Press. Democrats hold a slight edge in favorability among registered voters (55 percent to 50 percent), but they are statistically tied with Republicans among independent voters (Republicans 50 percent, Democrats 49 percent.)

How could this happen? Anyone half-paying attention for the past eight years can rattle off the list of reasons voters are supposed to be fleeing the GOP: Iraq, Katrina, Wall Street, Abramoff, DeLay, Bridge to Nowhere, bin Laden at large, gas prices, and home mortgages. When Democratic presidential candidates dream, they dream of election years like this one.

And yet since August the Republicans have closed an 18 point gap with Democrats among independent voters. A new Gallup poll finds that Democrats have only a three-point edge (within the margin of error) when people are asked which party they want to control Congress.

I think the answer is pretty clear: The Democratic leadership in Congress took the golden opportunity it was given in 2006 and pissed it away on petty partisanship -- just like the Republicans who preceded them did.

A Gallup poll out this week is revealing. It found that only 47 percent of Americans say they have trust in the legislative branch of the federal government. That's the first time that number has dipped below 50 percent since Gallup began asking that question in 1972. The same poll found that only 18 percent of Americans approve of the job Congress is doing vs. 31 percent who approve of the job President Bush is doing.

There is good reason for those low ratings. When voters swept Democrats into power two years ago, they expected that the party would deliver on its promises. It hasn't. Instead of leadership and statesmanship, we got gamesmanship. Instead of governing, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid embarked on a two-year political campaign.

The Democrats opposed the troop surge in Iraq. When the surge turned a raging insurgency into a slinking retreat and the Democrats ridiculously proclaimed that it wasn't working, an average American listening to both sides could only shrug his shoulders and wonder what in the world the Democrats were smoking.

When Democrats opposed every measure to increase domestic oil production, they angered millions of Americans. And when they finally tried to claim they were for new drilling by producing two bills that allowed new drilling only where there was little or no oil, Americans quickly picked up on the scam.

On all of the major issues of the past two years, the Democrats chose to play political gotcha instead of actually govern. The public, it turns out, seems to have seen through the charade. It's kind of hard to convince Americans that you feel their pain when, for example, you are doing everything in your power to keep gas prices high through the election. By being Democrats first and public representatives second, Democrats have lost the enormous advantage in goodwill the Republicans handed them on a silver platter two years ago.

This election year should have produced a Democratic sweep of historic proportions, delivering the White House and massive majorities in the House and Senate. But thanks to the incompetence of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, Republicans might pull a respectable showing.

MustangSally
09-26-2008, 02:10 AM
You Republicans really picked a winner :roll: this time huh.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/04/2 ... ting-five/ (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/04/23/it-goes-well-beyond-the-keating-five/)

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1989-11- ... ing-five/1 (http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1989-11-29/news/mccain-the-most-reprehensible-of-the-keating-five/1)

JJ240
09-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Dig away...funny though how when you dig you only seem to find things about the person you want to criminalize. Theres plenty of dirt on your precious democrats too, but when you want to believe they are perfect its easy to ignore.

MustangSally
09-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Dig away...funny though how when you dig you only seem to find things about the person you want to criminalize. Theres plenty of dirt on your precious democrats too, but when you want to believe they are perfect its easy to ignore.

No , actually I do know that there is "dirt" on some of the Democrats but not like there is on the Republicans.

There was a lot of Republicans listed as Pedophiles ( I'll have to go search for that list again, use to have that list before my computer crashed this past May and lost everything), when I find it I'll post it, if you feel you need to see it .

Here you go..................

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... pedophiles (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Republican%20pedophiles)

1. Republican pedophiles 592 up, 107 down
Evil members of the Republican Party and supporters thereof who have abused children despite their high-and-mighty crusades for the return to moral values. The following is a partial list; due to the neocon obsession with NAMBLA, names with asterisks next to them are suitable for membership in that organization through their repulsive actions.

And feel free to research these people independently.
Republican anti-abortion activist Howard Scott Heldreth is a convicted child rapist in Florida.

Republican County Commissioner David Swartz pleaded guilty to molesting two girls under the age of 11 and was sentenced to 8 years in prison.

Republican judge Mark Pazuhanich pleaded no contest to fondling a 10-year old girl and was sentenced to 10 years probation.

Republican anti-abortion activist Nicholas Morency pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography on his computer and offering a bounty to anybody who murders an abortion doctor.

Republican legislator Edison Misla Aldarondo was sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping his daughter between the ages of 9 and 17.

Republican Mayor Philip Giordano is serving a 37-year sentence in federal prison for sexually abusing 8- and 10-year old girls.

Republican campaign consultant Tom Shortridge was sentenced to three years probation for taking nude photographs of a 15-year old girl.

Republican racist pedophile and United States Senator Strom Thurmond had sex with a 15-year old black girl which produced a child.

Republican pastor Mike Hintz, whom George W. Bush commended during the 2004 presidential campaign, surrendered to police after admitting to a sexual affair with a female juvenile.

Republican legislator Peter Dibble pleaded no contest to having an inappropriate relationship with a 13-year-old girl.

*Republican activist Lawrence E. King, Jr. organized child sex parties at the White House during the 1980s.

*Republican lobbyist Craig J. Spence organized child sex parties at the White House during the 1980s.

Republican Congressman Donald "Buz" Lukens was found guilty of having sex with a female minor and sentenced to one month in jail.

Republican fundraiser Richard A. Delgaudio was found guilty of child porn charges and paying two teenage girls to pose for sexual photos.

Republican activist Mark A. Grethen convicted on six counts of sex crimes involving children.

Republican activist Randal David Ankeney pleaded guilty to attempted sexual assault on a child.

Republican Congressman Dan Crane had sex with a female minor working as a congressional page.

Republican activist and Christian Coalition leader Beverly Russell admitted to an incestuous relationship with his step daughter.

Republican governor Arnold Schwarzenegger allegedly had sex with a 16 year old girl when he was 28.

*Republican congressman and anti-gay activist Robert Bauman was charged with having sex with a 16-year-old boy he picked up at a gay bar.

Republican Committee Chairman Jeffrey Patti was arrested for distributing a video clip of a 5-year-old girl being raped.

Republican activist Marty Glickman (a.k.a. "Republican Marty"), was taken into custody by Florida police on four counts of unlawful sexual activity with an underage girl and one count of delivering the drug LSD.

*Republican legislative aide Howard L. Brooks was charged with molesting a 12-year old boy and possession of child pornography.

Republican Senate candidate John Hathaway was accused of having sex with his 12-year old baby sitter and withdrew his candidacy after the allegations were reported in the media.

*Republican preacher Stephen White, who demanded a return to traditional values, was sentenced to jail after offering $20 to a 14-year-old boy for permission to perform oral sex on him.

Republican talk show host Jon Matthews pleaded guilty to exposing his genitals to an 11 year old girl.

Republican anti-gay activist Earl "Butch" Kimmerling was sentenced to 40 years in prison for molesting an 8-year old girl after he attempted to stop a gay couple from adopting her.

Republican Party leader Paul Ingram pleaded guilty to six counts of raping his daughters and served 14 years in federal prison.

Republican election board official Kevin Coan was sentenced to two years probation for soliciting sex over the internet from a 14-year old girl.

*Republican politician Andrew Buhr was charged with two counts of first degree sodomy with a 13-year old boy.

Republican politician Keith Westmoreland was arrested on seven felony counts of lewd and lascivious exhibition to girls under the age of 16 (i.e. exposing himself to children).

Republican anti-abortion activist John Allen Burt was charged with sexual misconduct involving a 15-year old girl.

*Republican County Councilman Keola Childs pleaded guilty to molesting a male child.

Republican activist John Butler was charged with criminal sexual assault on a teenage girl.

Republican candidate Richard Gardner admitted to molesting his two daughters.

Republican Councilman and former Marine Jack W. Gardner was convicted of molesting a 13-year old girl.

*Republican County Commissioner Merrill Robert Barter pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual contact and assault on a teenage boy.

Republican City Councilman Fred C. Smeltzer, Jr. pleaded no contest to raping a 15 year-old girl and served 6-months in prison.

Republican activist Parker J. Bena pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography on his home computer and was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison and fined $18,000.

Republican parole board officer and former Colorado state representative, Larry Jack Schwarz, was fired after child pornography was found in his possession.

*Republican strategist and Citadel Military College graduate Robin Vanderwall was convicted in Virginia on five counts of soliciting sex from boys and girls over the internet.

Republican city councilman Mark Harris, who is described as a "good military man" and "church goer," was convicted of repeatedly having sex with an 11-year-old girl and sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Republican businessman Jon Grunseth withdrew his candidacy for Minnesota governor after allegations surfaced that he went swimming in the nude with four underage girls, including his daughter.

Republican director of the "Young Republican Federation" Nicholas Elizondo molested his 6-year old daughter and was sentenced to six years in prison.

Republican benefactor of conservative Christian groups, Richard A. Dasen Sr., was charged with rape for allegedly paying a 15-year old girl for sex. Dasen, 62, who is married with grown children and several grandchildren, has allegedly told police that over the past decade he paid more than $1 million to have sex with a large number of young women.

I looked for the same thing for Democrats............. THERE ARE NONE THAT WERE FOUND.

DustinsDuster
09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
I looked for the same thing for Democrats............. THERE ARE NONE THAT WERE FOUND.

that must mean no Democrat has ever commited a crime...

MustangSally
09-30-2008, 04:38 PM

that must mean no Democrat has ever commited a crime...

No Dustin it just means there is no list of Democrats being Pedophiles that I have done a ramdon search for just as I did on the Republicans, but as you can see there is a list on the Republicans for being Pedophiles there are over 300 Republicans that have been caught for this type of crime, a very sick crime at that.

I know that different members of the Kennedy Families have commited crimes, as well as other Democrats, so I'm not saying the Democrats are perfect because they are not........ but the Democrats are not as dirty as the Republicans.

Anyone as far as I am concerned ,that sexually abuses a child in any way shape or form needs to be put to death................ instead of being fined or imprisoned for their crime of Pedophillia against a child. Only sick fuks would do something like that to a child.

DustinsDuster
09-30-2008, 07:01 PM
how many pedophiles and other kinds of abusers have been found in the high ranks of churches? should we write off all of those religions as well, just because some people involved with them have committed these crimes?

i want to state here that i am not on either side. i am a N/A party. i just like to bring other points of view to the table to make people think a bit more about stuff
`

Ashley
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
^ agreed. we should start condemning catholics because some of their priests have been pedophiles. sounds like a plan to me. :roll:

DustinsDuster
09-30-2008, 08:19 PM
i was baptised catholic. fuck, am i stripped of my admin powers now?

ZacFields
09-30-2008, 09:14 PM
You are so banned Dustin. Stop belonging to a religion that has some members who have raped young boys. Your reputation with me is forever tarnished. Because of these facts I've learned today, nobody of the Catholic religion could possibly be a good person and you all rape boys. I have made this decision on this simple formula:

Some catholic priests rape young boys, therefore all Catholics rape young boys. :)

69gt4speed
09-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Well I guess since a few employees got fired at my place for sexual harrasment I'm bad too. we need a training film...
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ge-se ... 3414178822 (http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ge-sexual-harassment-training-film-snl-spoof/3414178822)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc

JJ240
10-02-2008, 02:31 PM
HOLY FUCK....I think I've just lost all faith in humanity. I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE YOU JUST USED URBAN DICTIONARY IN A POLITICAL DISCUSSION. Next time I get some political insight I'll just swing by there...I can grab the definition of 2 girls 1 cup, dirty sanchez, and double penetration while I'm busy getting some anti-republican slander.

Ashley
10-02-2008, 02:54 PM
.. i just about peed my pants laughing after reading that. i love this thread.

Oglshrub
10-13-2008, 09:48 AM
HOLY FUCK....I think I've just lost all faith in humanity. I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE YOU JUST USED URBAN DICTIONARY IN A POLITICAL DISCUSSION. Next time I get some political insight I'll just swing by there...I can grab the definition of 2 girls 1 cup, dirty sanchez, and double penetration while I'm busy getting some anti-republican slander.

hahaha best post in this thread by far.

SaNdMaNsSi
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Just my opinion but either candidate is a lose/lose situation. Anyone nowadays in the political world knows nothing about what the real world needs. You can't make millions of dollars a year and then say you know what its like to be average, its just not possible.

As for whoever brought up the dumb pedophile thing; You can screw a kid and still be a great politician.

JJ240
10-13-2008, 05:44 PM
No...the election is not a lose lose. Regardless of how much or little you like one of them it is inevitable that one will be chosen to lead our country. The fact that everyone has opinions on what they percieve to be the issues that are the most important means that if they care they are obligated to choose one in an effort to win albeit a small win possibly.
If you don't care for either of them you could equate it to me kidnapping you and duct taping you to a chair. I give you the option of having your head cut off, or having the pinky and ring finger of both your hands cut off. Neither option is totally appealing, however by electing to choose the latter one you get to continue living in some discomfort but know you came out better than the other choice.

BlownPony306
10-13-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm in not completely impressed with McCain. But Obama kinda scares me being in charge. Someone who has ties to admitted terrorists who got off on technicalities, groups who have been tied to possible voter fraud as well as other radical groups. He keeps talking about tax cuts, but I look at his home state Illinois where a few cities have the highest sales taxes in the country at 10.25%. Plus his radical stance on gun control seems like it could be the beginning of the end of the 2nd Amendment. I dunno. I could be off, but he just kinda scares me.

JJ240
10-14-2008, 12:13 PM
You aren't off...hes ultra radical liberal. He makes the clintons look like moderates. And thats not an attack FYI its the truth. People voting for him are voting for that.

SaNdMaNsSi
10-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Our country is kind of like a baby with no arms or legs in the middle of the ocean.....

For those of you that know the rest, please fill everyone in.

Ashley
10-14-2008, 12:58 PM
fucked.

lamest joke ever. lol.

JJ240
10-14-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm more confident this election than the last few...not that the candidate I'm voting for will win, but that if he doesn't I'll be able to say I told you so alot :)

AutoMods
03-05-2013, 10:30 PM
The Dow's Record High Proves Obama Is Great
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/03/the-dows-record-high-proves-obama-is-great-or-else-totally-full-of-it/273739/

SledgeWS6
03-06-2013, 06:48 AM
The Dow's Record High Proves Obama Is Great
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/03/the-dows-record-high-proves-obama-is-great-or-else-totally-full-of-it/273739/

I'm spinning it this way: Inflation caused by the Feds pumping more money than needed and its just causing another bubble. Ten bucks says the big players pull out next fall and we have another 'mini-crash'.

slow ride
03-06-2013, 07:06 AM
holy old post

SaNdMaNsSi
03-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Anytime someone pumps money into something, of course value is going to increase. I could go to Detroit as a billionaire and start opening businesses left and right....everyone would report that Detroit is making a massive comeback. Nevermind that those businesses could have 0 patrons a day, I'm backed by billions, and no one knows my books. To everyone on the street, I'm making tons of money...and the more stores I open, the more successful I look. Then, at just the right time, I dump all of those failing businesses on people who aren't the wiser, or I just go on dumping bad money after bad and keep them open just so people perceive me as better than I am....just like Obama.

sparkles
03-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Comparing the Dow being at a record high to Obama having good economic policies that are working is just a way to twist the truth in the left's favor. What you're not taking into account is the record unemployment numbers. Or perhaps the trillions of dollars of debt that he has accumulated in the past 3 years which is more than every president before him combined. You could also look at the number of people on foodstamps has doubled since the market crashed in 2007.

No, don't look at any of that. Just look at the stock market and praise your leader for it. Nevermind the fact that people have nowhere else to invest there money, OTHER than the stock market due to extremely low interest rates and returns on bonds, coupled with raised capital gains taxes on other investments.

Must be awesome to be oblivious to what's actually happening.

AutoMods
03-06-2013, 04:58 PM
when the stock market is bad, republicans blame obama. so isn't it fair to praise Obama when its at a record high ???

SaNdMaNsSi
03-06-2013, 05:51 PM
when the stock market is bad, republicans blame obama. so isn't it fair to praise Obama when its at a record high ???

I see your point, but to artificially raise the point total by printing money hasn't been done in epic proportions like this before. So no, he gets no credit. Putting my grandkids into slavery to China is not something to pat him on the back about.

Stix37867
03-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Why get praise when the job isn't done? It's like praising a toddler during toilet training after they shit on the bathroom floor.

lenny
03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Copied from Othrodox.net

"In the 20th century there have been numerous political systems, but in the latter half of the century there were only two survivors, Socialism and Capitalism. So we have at this time in the Western world, which for all practical purposes controls the world, two opposing political systems. (I have already previously stated that there is no basic difference between socialists and communists. There are, however, some very important factors relating to socialism of which you should be aware. Socialism will not work in a free market economy and, as a consequence it invariably deteriorates into a totalitarian state. Anyone wishing to argue that point is asked to point to one single instance where this was not the result).

It therefore behooves us to remember who the worst despotic governments of this century were: Nazis in Germany, Fascists in Italy, Communists in the USSR, [Romania, East Germany, Bulgaria, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Cuba, North Korea, Cambodia, Vietnam, etc.] and China - each and every one of them a paragon of socialist endeavor. Their leaders; Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin [Ceausescu, Tito, Pol Pot, etc.] and Mao Tse Tung. The outstanding legacy of these individuals is that they each tried to out-do the others in the total number of their own citizens which they murdered. It is a fact that each of these men killed more of their own civilian citizens than they lost in military conflict.

The reason for this is inherent to socialism. It promises things that it cannot possibly deliver. When socialist politicians in power come to the realization that it is impossible to deliver on their promises and political unrest develops, they have two options if they plan to stay in power. First, they must locate a scapegoat on whom they can blame their inability to deliver. Any Jew can tell you who that was for the Germans and the Russians. The second is to develop, and rapidly so, a state security apparatus to keep them in office - the SS, the KGB, [Securitate, Stasi] etc.

The basic tenets of socialism are:
1. Seduce the populace into accepting the government as the arbitrator of all problems; government from cradle-to-grave
2. Begin delivering on those services to make the citizens dependent
3. Take away the citizens' guns
4. Increase taxes on all services while destroying any free market alternative services
5. Blame the chosen scapegoat for the inability to meet demand for services
6. Have the centralized national police force round up any dissidents

Socialism cannot work because the cost of services must be collected in the form of taxes, and this is not a sustainable possibility. The reason is that since government pays for all services, neither the producer nor the consumer cares about the cost, and hence there is an uncontrolled spiral of inflation (today's medical costs are a case in point and healthcare is not yet totally socialized). Furthermore, the government has no funds or assets. It only has the funds it confiscated from its citizens. The total inefficiency of a centralized bureaucracy does not help either.
Once citizens are weaned on this cradle-to-grave concept and are no longer self-reliant, they become wards of the state and will not accept any reduction of services. The government subsequently has no option but to reduce services, and as popular resistance develops State repression begins. This is the socialist cycle. It has been found to occur in every socialist state in existence to date.

The current most outrageous examples of this are North Korea and Cuba. These two societies share much in common - both are socialist, both are totalitarian, both have more political prisoners then any nation close to their size, both have non-working universal health care, in both the citizens suffer malnutrition, and both have food and fuel rationing. Their leaders and party members, in the meantime, eat caviar and drink champagne.

Socialism can never work in any environment. It violates human nature and logic.

The capitalist economic system differs greatly from its socialist adversary in numerous ways. While the socialist system is a top down centralized arrangement, the capitalist system, which can only exist in a free market economy that recognizes the right of private property, is totally controlled by the market itself. Interestingly, personal freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness can also only thrive in free market economies. Capitalism is a sort of volatile and confusing situation where the capital markets dictate demand, price, and methods of distribution. The reason that the left is so very successful in criticizing capitalism is because it is not regulated and therefore difficult to explain. The reason capitalism works so well is that demand dictates production as well as price, thus avoiding market inequities and shortages.
Socialism's principal theorem is centralization of markets under government control. This has never worked and there is not one single instance in world history where centralized governmental market manipulation has been successful. This, however, does not deter the Robert Reichs (America's socialist Secretary of Labor who said, "Greedy corporations are screwing their employees, squeezing down wages while increasing profits." This statement, from an economic illiterate who has never in his entire life worked for, or in, a business that made a profit. He appears to me to be a little man with a Napoleon complex, who, while having no clue about anything to do with economics, presents himself as a great expert. Corporate downsizing, mergers, and staff reductions has a great deal to do with international trade policies, NAFTA, EC, WTO, etc. and very little to do with greed.) of this world, who continuously make every effort to centralize economic as well as social and political power for themselves and their Satori masters (the ruling elite).

George Washington said it best: "Government, like fire, is a good servant, but a fearful master." All capitalist functions are directed at free market concepts. A free market is one that serves society with little government interference. This concept is unpopular with the Satori because in order to attain more and more power they require centralization of all economic, social, and political functions. Because of their poor performance in the political frame they have altered their modus operandi and are now implementing their schemes through judicial activism. These judicial incursions, which by the way, in the United States are in violation of constitutional law, have been sold to the public based on the false misnomer that greedy capitalists don't care about the people, their welfare, safety, or health, but that politicians do.

This, without doubt, is a ludicrous statement. The capitalist must perform to market standards. Competition will put him out of business if he provides an inferior product or service. He is furthermore constrained by his customers, stockholders, board of directors, lending institutions, as well as numerous laws, and, if all else fails, product liability statutes. In addition there is a veritable alphabet soup of governmental agencies which oversee his product, conduct with employees, public safety, product safety, environmental compliance, and financial performance.

In fact capitalists are over-regulated, which causes a considerable burden to be put on the public in the form of increased prices. A noteworthy fact is: the most egregious acts against the consumer, the environment, and the public in general, have all been made by socialist states. "

Looks like Barry is on #3 and #4 on that list.
-Dan

sparkles
03-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Ryan, I blame EVERYBODY that let this happen. It didn't happen overnight. It started in Bush's second term and has just gone down since with no evidence of either side making the correct decisions it's going to take to get out of this.

SledgeWS6
03-07-2013, 06:34 AM

Inflation adjusted, the Dow closed at 11% below its 2007 high.

Chase
03-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Any problem we face is not brought on by one man.

Federal Reserve
Capitalism
Consumerism

To name a few.

I tend to vote democrat. If a republican was president I wouldn't be pointing the finger at our republican president.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-07-2013, 08:11 AM

Federal Reserve
Capitalism
Consumerism

To name a few.

I tend to vote democrat. If a republican was president I wouldn't be pointing the finger at our republican president.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with capitalism or consumerism. Don't like capitalism? There are lots of shithole countries in south America that would be happy to show you the awesomeness of socialism or dictatorship. Don't like consumerism? Then don't be a consumer. I bet in your daily life you never buy anything you don't need.....

lenny
03-07-2013, 08:22 AM

Federal Reserve
Capitalism
Consumerism

To name a few.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either one of those things. Infact, in an economical context, the two are one and the same. If you don't like it, move to China or Cuba. I hear they have your social fucking healthcare there too. A country with a capitalistic/free-market economy relies heavily on an informed and educated voter. If you don't understand this, don't fucking vote! Hate to be an asshole (but someone needs to this day in age), but you saying you vote democrat doesn't suprise me in the slightest bit that you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.

You are right in that it's not just one man. It's the direction of our entire government that is driving this country into the ground. Career politicians are idiots who don't understand how the real world works. That's why when this country was founded, term limits were introduced and inforced for ALL government posistions. The founding fathers wanted common men to run this country, not career politicians.
-Dan

SledgeWS6
03-07-2013, 08:43 AM

Correct, but his policies sure as hell didn't help. The market may be 'up' right now, but eventually it gets inflation adjusted. When that happens, his policies will show their true colors. Investors are not pulling out yet, but the market is currently driven by greed. They are investing, but not nearly on the levels of early 2012. The influx is near.

Federal Reserve
Capitalism
Consumerism

To name a few.

Federal Reserve, yes. The rest, not so much. You can't have an active economy that competes in a world market like ours without those two being strong. Like stated before, take a vacation for awhile, a long one. Report back to us how your socialism and dictorator-ran economies work out.

Major bullshit flag.

Chase
03-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Thats fine.

Attack me for having different opinions.

lenny
03-07-2013, 08:52 AM
Thats fine.

Attack me for having different opinions.

We're not attacking you for having different opinions. We're attacking you for using your vote while clearly being uneducated on the facts and truths of the way things actually work. It's not opinion, try reading a history book sometime. Full on or majority-socialism doesn't work, it has never worked, and will NEVER work. Once a country tips into majority socialsm, that is the beginning of the end because it creates a populous of dependents. It (socialism) goes against human nature and logic. Some socialistic ideas (schooling for example) are okay, but they need be HEAVILY monitored. If they're not (and the goverment is flipping the bill) the costs spiral out of control because all users within the system couldn't care less about costs.

People just like you are the REAL reason why this country is in the toilet. Again, someone needs to call a spade a fucking spade this day in age.

-Dan

lenny
03-07-2013, 08:58 AM
The amount of money printed by the fed has created another bubble (inflation of currency). My projection: It's going to pop Q3-Q4 of this year. When the next bubble pops, our ever increased debt issue will not allow the government to bail out greedy idiots that invest in high risk opportunities. The next mini-crash will not be as pleasant. Obama will blame the GOP, becasue he's a fucking scapegoat and that's all he knows how to do.

My advice: Get out now while the going is good. Re-invest again in Q3-Q4 of this year after the bubble pops and the DOW goes back down to non-inflated levels of 11k to 12k (buy cheap, sell high).
-Dan

Chase
03-07-2013, 09:50 AM
You feel better now Lenny? Breath. In... and out... In... and out.

I never said anything about socialism.

lenny
03-07-2013, 09:56 AM
When did I say anything about socialism?

When you said that the problem with America is this:

Capitalism
Consumerism

That statement is about as red as you can get. If you don't understand why, don't go to the polls next time. If you do understand why and that's your opinion, move to Cuba, North Korea, etc. If that's truely your opinion, stay the hell out of my country. This country is not for people like you.

Everyone wants something for free, wants to bitch when it's not, and refuses to acknowledge that this mindset is a problem. What this country is dealing with now is the fruition of decades of bad decisions swirling around the decisions to move towards socialistic programs... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to define why it's not sustainable.

-Dan

Chase
03-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Okay Dan.

You are all that is knowledge.

Chase
03-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Edited as it was rather insulting and unnecessary.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-07-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm glad to see I don't have to be the bad guy like usual....Others are making accurate statements for me. Good job.

lenny
03-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Edited as it was rather insulting and unnecessary.

Come at me with facts if you're going to come at me. Otherwise, you're gonna get blown outta the water.

Thanks for playing.

-Dan

Chase
03-07-2013, 10:27 AM
You've been playing with yourself this whole time, Dan.

lenny
03-07-2013, 10:32 AM
You've been playing with yourself this whole time, Dan.

Personal attacks are a fallacy of critical thinking and solidify my argument.

Thanks,
-Dan

Chase
03-07-2013, 10:38 AM
It wasnt an attack at all.

I mean go read everything I have said. Then read everything you have said...

I'm obviously not trying to teach you anything. Nor have I disagreed with you once...

You have been personally attacking me the whole time... so what does that say of your critical thinking?

lenny
03-07-2013, 10:45 AM
You have been personally attacking me the whole time... so what does that say of your critical thinking?

Well played sir.... Well played.
-Dan

SaNdMaNsSi
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
It wasnt an attack at all.

I mean go read everything I have said. Then read everything you have said...

I'm obviously not trying to teach you anything. Nor have I disagreed with you once...

By your own statement, it shows he is using a great deal of critical thinking, and your lack of responses shows you are using none?

AutoMods
03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
saying a person is uneducated because they vote democrat is uneducated statement in itself. assuming someone is retarded because they don't agree with you? when bush was reelected I heard the same things about how uneducated the voters must have been to reelect bush.

everyone on this board has but a fraction of the political or economic knowledge as other people that study and work in these areas for a living.

slow ride
03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Both sides have and agenda and play the public like a fiddle. Thats the problem with the elected officials educating us (some of us) common foak. No I don't need a tinfoil hat, but to think our goverment acts with our best interests is crazy talk. We need a big reset button and it isn't going to be pretty.

lenny
03-07-2013, 12:21 PM
saying a person is uneducated because they vote democrat is uneducated statement in itself. assuming someone is retarded because they don't agree with you? when bush was reelected I heard the same things about how uneducated the voters must have been to reelect bush.

everyone on this board has but a fraction of the political or economic knowledge as other people that study and work in these areas for a living.

Truth.

I just love to troll and come down on people. It's fun on the internets...Didn't you get that memo? Jesus, I'm buddies with Derek, that should have been your first clue...lol

I typically have high amounts of logic in my comments. Only when I start personally attacking people do my statements become muddy. Tis a fallacy of argument...

When it comes to politics I generally just get angry (example this thread).

I actually work a GREAT DEAL in international economics (about 60 hours a week) with Asia, Europe, South America, Latin America, and all of North America. Only two continents I don't deal with is Africa and Anarctica. If you consider Austrailia a continent, I don't deal much with them either.
-Dan

snickerlicker
03-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Both sides have and agenda and play the public like a fiddle. Thats the problem with the elected officials educating us (some of us) common foak. No I don't need a tinfoil hat, but to think our goverment acts with our best interests is crazy talk. We need a big reset button and it isn't going to be pretty.

This x2!

Chase
03-07-2013, 12:34 PM
By your own statement, it shows he is using a great deal of critical thinking, and your lack of responses shows you are using none?

My responses had about as much substance as his did. His were full of insults. No facts were given, only put downs pointed at me. I was told to look in history books.

Mine were mostly passive responses to insults to try and get him to see my point of view. Which is that he is jumping to conclusions about me.

Had I not been insulted immediatly I would have explained myself and why I listed those three catagories as problems. But I see no reason trying to explain myself to people like that. I use the "you people" phrase and I don't mean to sound rude. But just as you know there are people on both sides of politics who are not open to others input and its obvious to me that I have encountered some here.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-07-2013, 12:37 PM
My responses had about as much substance as his did. His were full of insults. No facts were given, only put downs pointed at me. I was told to look in history books.

Mine were mostly passive responses to insults to try and get him to see my point of view. Which is that he is jumping to conclusions about me.

Had I not been insulted immediatly I would have explained myself and why I listed those three catagories as problems. But I see no reason trying to explain myself to people like that. I use the "you people" phrase and I don't mean to sound rude. But just as you know there are people on both sides of politics who are not open to others input and its obvious to me that I have encountered some here.

"You people." Wow. I'm offended.

lenny
03-07-2013, 12:38 PM

Please do explain your side of the argument. I'll try to stay open minded.
-Dan

Chase
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
And to Dan,

I don't claim to be an academic of politics. I do not spend my free time reading history books or studying law. I have read the declaration of independence, and the constitution. I have copies on my dresser at home. I don't expect this to mean much other than the fact that I consider myself to be slightly more knowledgeable than some.

When I stated consumerism and capitalism:

I listed capitalism with the mindset of: Coporations have in my opinion far to much influence in this country to the point where its hardly a free market anymore.

My problem with consumerism is the waste and greed that it causes. Our culture has been shaped to want. Its no longer about if something works well or how long it lasts. Its if something is newer and better so Im going to get it. We are a narcissistic society and because of this we focus so heavily on ourselves and our image. We want to have everything and work for nothing. No one wants knowledge anymore, we want new shoes and shirts.

In my first post I did not go into detail because of how broad these topics are and how indrectly they really relate to what was being discussed but I belive they are at the root of the problem. Among other things.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Please do explain your side of the argument. I'll try to stay open minded.
-Dan

..And I'll stay open-legged.

JacobS
03-07-2013, 12:53 PM
politics suck. /end thread

SaNdMaNsSi
03-07-2013, 12:56 PM
politics suck. /end thread

True, but I think it's the constant avoidance of the topic that keeps this country in the mess we're in, and the reason why roughly 75% of all people in Washington are past or present lawyers. The system is fucked up, the wrong people are there, and it's the "let's avoid political discussions" crowd that keeps voting them in.

JacobS
03-07-2013, 01:03 PM
agreed

lenny
03-07-2013, 01:11 PM
And to Dan,

I don't claim to be an academic of politics. I do not spend my free time reading history books or studying law. I have read the declaration of independence, and the constitution. I have copies on my dresser at home. I don't expect this to mean much other than the fact that I consider myself to be slightly more knowledgeable than some.

When I stated consumerism and capitalism:

I listed capitalism with the mindset of: Coporations have in my opinion far to much influence in this country to the point where its hardly a free market anymore.

My problem with consumerism is the waste and greed that it causes. Our culture has been shaped to want. Its no longer about if something works well or how long it lasts. Its if something is newer and better so Im going to get it. We are a narcissistic society and because of this we focus so heavily on ourselves and our image. We want to have everything and work for nothing. No one wants knowledge anymore, we want new shoes and shirts.

In my first post I did not go into detail because of how broad these topics are and how indrectly they really relate to what was being discussed but I belive they are at the root of the problem. Among other things.

I understand your reasoning. However I still fail to see how you're connecting the dots. You're saying that we essentially live in a "throw-away" economy where things are re-purchased, and not fixed. Is that right? If so, I definitely agree with you.

However, I'm struggling to see how this would hurt the economy? People are buying more stuff....

Special interest groups are a whole other ball of wax. I think I understand you a bit better now. What you were trying to explain is that it is not the idea of capitalism that has failed, but the implementation? Correct?

I apologize for calling you a red. Seems like you understand a bit more than I had pointed towards. That still doesn't alter the fact that we're all in a shitty situation.

-Dan

lenny
03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
..and i'll stay open-legged.

bazinga!

AutoMods
03-07-2013, 01:23 PM
True, but I think it's the constant avoidance of the topic that keeps this country in the mess we're in, and the reason why roughly 75% of all people in Washington are past or present lawyers. The system is fucked up, the wrong people are there, and it's the "let's avoid political discussions" crowd that keeps voting them in.

so your assuming if the obama voters were more educated, romney would have won ? ya that guy over there doesn't agree with me, i must be smarter then him, if only he knew what i know.

thats a simple way of thinking.

SledgeWS6
03-07-2013, 01:33 PM

I'm a market analyst and have worked for McCain, Branstad, Romney, Grassley, and Ron Paul campaigns.

Chase
03-07-2013, 01:46 PM
I understand your reasoning. However I still fail to see how you're connecting the dots. You're saying that we essentially live in a "throw-away" economy where things are re-purchased, and not fixed. Is that right? If so, I definitely agree with you.

However, I'm struggling to see how this would hurt the economy? People are buying more stuff....

Special interest groups are a whole other ball of wax. I think I understand you a bit better now. What you were trying to explain is that it is not the idea of capitalism that has failed, but the implementation? Correct?

I apologize for calling you a red. Seems like you understand a bit more than I had pointed towards. That still doesn't alter the fact that we're all in a shitty situation.

-Dan

I guess where I am going with the consumerism is that the priorities of our culture are not in the right places. I see now that my thoughts are really reaching here... But to put it in the most generic way I can. There is a problem that needs fixed. We don't want to deal with those problems. I mean theres no time to do that, because well. I want this new cell phone. I need to work and save money for that new cell phone cause its new and cool. Someone else can make the change neccessary for things to get better.

Maybe I'm really reaching here and there is no dot to connect. This could be a separate rant just for how I feel about our culture, but I think for politics to improve there needs to be a major shift in the collective mindset.

So yes, I am saying its a throw away economy. I don't like it. I realize it's probably not to a benifit of the economy but the dot I am trying to connect is if we quit consuming so much and working so hard for things that really are not neccessary those efforts can be put forth towards positive changes.

And with capitalism in america...

I understand corporations have to have a say. After all its our livelyhood for our companies to grow. I work for an ESOP corporation and there are lobbyests for that which I am thankful for.

However, government officials and CEO's of companies are often one in the same. Legistlation is written to benifit soley the profit of companies (which is the idea) but it often times hurts local communities or the workers.

FDA comes to mind.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-07-2013, 01:46 PM
so your assuming if the obama voters were more educated, romney would have won ? ya that guy over there doesn't agree with me, i must be smarter then him, if only he knew what i know.

Actually, yes. A rock would've won if people were better educated. I don't think Romney was a great choice, but he was certainly better. It's the plight of the 2 party system. But that's besides the point. I'm not arguing about Obama/Romney, nothing in that response of mine that you posted says so. Anyone who disagrees that a great deal of lawyers are sitting in the house and senate, And obviously the White House, would be considered a moron; it's an objective fact and cannot be disputed. So if that's what we're basing my "simple way of thinking" on, then I am correct, and yes, someone obviously needs to better educate themselves to my level. People in office are career politicians; hardly any of them have any real life experience. That is also a fact. Many had menial jobs for a couple of years to claim they are "one of us," but the majority have never had "real" jobs and definitely do not live in the real world. (Check their incomes, who their pacs and super pacs are, and lobbyists). This is also another fact. They live in Washington. I'm failing to see any dispute here with things easily researched.
My approach is not at all simple, nor is my thinking, research, or mental abilities. Trying to make complex arguments into a simple string of things to make the statement that "I have a simple way of thinking" shows that you lack the complex ability to reason on my level. I'm not saying that as a diss to you, I'm saying I have the ability to comprehend very complex political issues as I based much of my college career on pursuit of our American History. I still read at least 1 history book a month. I don't go around spewing falsities, or making conjectures for my own amusement.
There are many complex and very educated people that vote on either side of the left or right spectrum. I just find that there are more welfare loving, give me things for free types standing behind Democrats than Republicans, so a lot of times I side with repubs on stuff. If you really want a simple response from me, I don't think anyone deserves my hard work or earnings for free. No health care for free, no phone bill, no section 8 housing, no 30" rims, no Cadillac, no heat, no electricity, and certainly no welfare babies. Survive and be productive, or be worthless and die. That's what my current life experience has led me to state about the general public. End of rant.

lenny
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM
This thread is gorgeous.... I'd fuck it.
-Dan

SaNdMaNsSi
03-07-2013, 01:55 PM
This thread is gorgeous.... I'd fuck it.
-Dan

I'd certainly not pull out.

AutoMods
03-07-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm a market analyst and have worked for McCain, Branstad, Romney, Grassley, and Ron Paul campaigns.

market analyst for what company? Did you get paid to as I don't consider a campaign volunteer to qualify someone as an expert.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
market analyst for what company? Did you get paid to as I don't consider a campaign volunteer to qualify someone as an expert.

Maybe not an expert, but they are constantly in the know...much more-so than an armchair quarterback....

SledgeWS6
03-07-2013, 02:28 PM

Wells Fargo on the Insurance end, but I'm leaving June 1 for another opportunity because I make jack-shit to be an Investment Consultant. I got paid except for McCain and Grassley which were part of my duties for running the UNI College Repubs. I wouldn't say I worked for them if it was volunteer. If you want to Ryan, you can be my date to the Iowa GOP formal. ;)

sparkles
03-07-2013, 02:49 PM
There has never been a statement more true than this.

It's more of a result of someone promising free stuff to people if they vote for him kinda thing. Anybody that would have taken the time to run the numbers and figure out where the money to pay for it all was going to come from would not have voted for Obama.

I'm not a fan of either side, and I think Lenny said it best. It's the plight of having a 2 party system, and in my honest opinion, I don't think there's much difference between the 2 that we have. They both want the same result, it's just how they want to get there that differs. I would rather my government stay out of my business and let me succeed or fail on my own and let me keep what is mine instead of giving it to those that are "need" it.

Chase
03-07-2013, 02:52 PM
So how do we feel about making divorce illegal for parents of minors in this great state of ours?

sparkles
03-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Better question. Why is the government in the business of marrying people to begin with?

JacobS
03-07-2013, 03:02 PM
amen to that^

SledgeWS6
03-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Better question. Why is the government in the business of marrying people to begin with?

The church got tired of regulating it. I find the church lost their ground to control if I marry and screw a sheep. BTW, did you know how the Iowa law is written, legally you can marry a corporation? I'm gonna marry the Walmart. :D

sparkles
03-07-2013, 03:08 PM
The Wal Mart has to be free and willing to agree to marry you though ;)

lenny
03-07-2013, 05:14 PM
So how do we feel about making divorce illegal for parents of minors in this great state of ours?

Government needs to stay the fuck out of it.
-Dan

AutoMods
03-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Maybe not an expert, but they are constantly in the know...much more-so than an armchair quarterback....

we are all armchair quarterbacks........except for one man

http://thegrio.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/obama_running_with_football.jpg?w=468

slow ride
03-07-2013, 09:16 PM
whos the white guy?

stangvortech
03-07-2013, 09:39 PM
50 years down the road Obama will be #1 on the list for worsts presidents ever. The list of horse shit is just way to long.

SledgeWS6
03-08-2013, 06:30 AM
The Wal Mart has to be free and willing to agree to marry you though ;)

After one night of cuddling, Wal Mart won't be able to say no. That's the key guys, 'the cuddle'. ;)

jimbosc
03-08-2013, 07:07 AM

http://thegrio.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/obama_running_with_football.jpg?w=468

If he is a true lefty he has his watch on the wrong arm. We put it on the right arm......(and the ring is on the correct finger so not a reversed photo).

SaNdMaNsSi
03-08-2013, 09:15 AM

He's an amateur pretending to even be an armchair quarterback. I'm surprised anyone in OZ can even find a place to put their hand up his ass since his head is already taking up so much room.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-08-2013, 09:15 AM
50 years down the road obama will be #1 on the list for worsts presidents ever. The list of horse shit is just way to long.

win.

snickerlicker
03-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Didn't he win the great state of Iowa? Where's the love?..

SledgeWS6
03-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Didn't he win the great state of Iowa? Where's the love?..

In the toilet. It came from the same place his head has been his whole libtard life.

AutoMods
03-08-2013, 10:49 AM
50 years down the road Obama will be #1 on the list for worsts presidents ever. The list of horse shit is just way to long.

One thing is for sure, every child's history book will mention him as the first black president. all our children will know his name along with george washington, Lincoln, etc and forget 90% of the other presidents

snickerlicker
03-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Clayton Bigsby isn't a fan either;

jimbosc
03-08-2013, 02:07 PM
win.

I dunno - that latest update on all the money GW pissed away in Iraq probably puts him #1 on the list for the last 50 (plus the Great Recession happened on his watch). As a day to day administrator - I will grant you Obama can be pretty clueless - but he ain't got nothin' on W.

SaNdMaNsSi
03-08-2013, 02:21 PM
I dunno - that latest update on all the money GW pissed away in Iraq probably puts him #1 on the list for the last 50 (plus the Great Recession happened on his watch). As a day to day administrator - I will grant you Obama can be pretty clueless - but he ain't got nothin' on W.

I'll still take W over O. W was a moron, everyone knew it, he knew it. Obama is a moron, thinks he's smart, can't admit it to himself....W wasted money....O doubled down on that...then quadrupled, then just wanted to see how fast the presses would print before they burned up. It's no contest.

stangvortech
03-08-2013, 04:42 PM
The shit storm that is coming in the next few years is going to make the 2008 recession look like childs play. The worst thing that ever happened to this country is Obama and the libs in office right now and the Gop party.

sparkles
03-08-2013, 06:54 PM
That's like saying a papercut is just as bad as getting your arm cut off.