PDA

View Full Version : Little dinner and cruise at Sonics???

93Hatch
08-19-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm just seeing if anyone is interested in getting dinner at Sonic's in IC and then cruise around town or something?? Of course, it's bring your own money... :biggrin:

It'll be cool to meet new people and put faces to the cars/bikes. It nothing huge, just a little friendly get together.

Here's what I'm thinking/planning:

-What: Dinner and cruise
-When: Thursday, 8/28; 6pm
-Why: To meet new people
-Where: Sonic's, Iowa City

What do you guys/gals think?? Can we make something like this work??

TbTalon94
08-19-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't think a lot of the CR people would want to drive to I/C to cruise around, specially with gas prices. There is a sonic here in CR ya know ;)

93Hatch
08-19-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't think a lot of the CR people would want to drive to I/C to cruise around, specially with gas prices. There is a sonic here in CR ya know ;)

Dang forreals?? That was a waste of bandwidth then, sorry everyone. I didn't know that there was a Sonic in CR. I'll probably be the only minority anyways :tongue:. Mods, please delete.

TbTalon94
08-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Well just edit it to say CR instead of IC lol.

Yea the Sonic is on Blairs Ferry road, right by Wal-mart/Sams club.

93Hatch
08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm in IC though. Which is better than CR anyways. :bigthumb:

Joke Joke, I've only been here for 2 months and I'm starting to hate the roads....

*bump bump bump* potholes* construction* bump bump

slobalt
08-19-2008, 01:01 PM
LOL.... I've been here a year and didn't know there was a Sonic on Blairs Ferry, must be across the hiway from Marion. I don't venture out much too much to do at home...

93Hatch
08-19-2008, 01:46 PM
LOL.... I've been here a year and didn't know there was a Sonic on Blairs Ferry, must be across the hiway from Marion. I don't venture out much too much to do at home...

Haha that sucks! Sonic's where it's at man. 2-4pm half price on most drinks. :supz:

How far is CR from IC? I might take a cruise up there myself.

NewSpeedSteed
08-19-2008, 01:56 PM

Haha that sucks! Sonic's where it's at man. 2-4pm half price on most drinks. :supz:

How far is CR from IC? I might take a cruise up there myself.

Um I think its like 25-30mi away. Most of the time (depending on traffic) its not much more than a half hour trip if that.

DustinsDuster
08-19-2008, 07:17 PM
my hatred for IC has little to do with the roads and a lot to do with drunk douchebag frat guys who have to prove they're tough all the time. ugh.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-19-2008, 08:44 PM
my hatred for IC has little to do with the roads and a lot to do with drunk douchebag frat guys who have to prove they're tough all the time. ugh.

yeah... but at the same time the attractive college girls who are looking for some fun don't want anything to do with the drunk frat boys either... :bigthumb:
AAAHHHH.... i could tell a couple storied... but i wont :cop:

Domestic Disturbance
08-20-2008, 01:47 AM

yeah... but at the same time the attractive college girls who are looking for some fun don't want anything to do with the drunk frat boys either... :bigthumb:
AAAHHHH.... i could tell a couple storied... but i wont :cop:

i only ever get big black chicks there what am i doing wrong? Laqueisha still wont stop calling me to dive between to double watermelon garden...

on a less serious note, I'd be willing to go to Sonics in CR if it was on a weekend

93Hatch
08-20-2008, 06:18 AM

Lol yup I've ran into a few of those myself at Brother's. Iowa State is a way different crow, more laid back. Sucky roads>oversized-ego frat boys.

i could tell a couple storied... but i wont :cop:

STORIES STORIES STORIES!!!!!! :bigthumb:

i only ever get big black chicks there what am i doing wrong? Laqueisha still wont stop calling me to dive between to double watermelon garden...

on a less serious note, I'd be willing to go to Sonics in CR if it was on a weekend

WHAT???!!! I can't do weekends, I have to spend it with the wifey in Des Moines. I'll be willing to drive to CR if we can get a good crowd going on... :)

Domestic Disturbance
08-20-2008, 01:29 PM
check 1 here

slobalt
08-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Didn't y'all used park at Advanced Auto, have like a little mini meet every Thursday? Whatever happend to that?

NewSpeedSteed
08-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Didn't y'all used park at Advanced Auto, have like a little mini meet every Thursday? Whatever happend to that?

I could be wrong but I think that was more of a Chrome City deal, and since they have moved I wouldn't be surprised if Advanced Auto put a stop to the mini car show/gatherings.

ZacFields
08-20-2008, 04:01 PM
You are wrong :)

From what I've seen (advanced is right down the street from me) people still show up there on Thursdays. I don't know about saturdays. I don't know how much of a Chrome City deal it was. Honestly I don't know who started it; I just know that we always called it the "Advanced Auto Car Shows" and considering most of the cars there were/are older hot rods I didn't imagine those gatherings would stop when Chrome City left.

To be fair, I only know this because I drove past there last Thursday and saw about 5-10 cars out there, but it was rainy and nasty that evening. So I am assuming that on a normal sunny day the gatherings there are big as ever.

Drifte
08-20-2008, 05:48 PM
mmm sonic. iowa roads-suck, missouri, worse. Just dropped the new engine in the talon today, hopefully have it out and about tomorrow. idk if it would be in time for the car show at advance or not.

fbodyguy
08-20-2008, 09:05 PM
At the end of the month Iowa City cruisers will have their little car event over at the sycamore mall. I hear they have good turn outs. Hell I might have the car running this weekend and would look forward next weekend just to drive down and look (if the car actually hits the pavement).

Stop and say hi to Adam, maybe have a couple of drinks...