PDA

View Full Version : AQ HDC315 subwoofer (motor and basket)

sLoWnStEaDy
08-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi everybody...
OK... need ot get rid of a sub i just smoked... Looking for $100, recone kits are around $100, subs sell for over $300...

It was an aluminum coiled AudioQue HDC315. I was running it at about 2K watts rms and everything was dandy. put in a new amp and didn't set teh gains right so the 4K rms and clipping smoked the woofer. When i was pushing it at 2K watts in a 4ft^3 box tuned to 40hz I metered just under a 143 at the windsheild, windows up and no type of rear deck porting, sound deadener or anything of that nature... So i know it can do better espescialy if i could have metered it at 4K watts. The guy up on 16th ave is the person who metered it. Feel free to stop in and ask him, his car does 147's but even he himself said my single sub had much more of that "rip your head off" feeling to it... check youtube for vids if you wanna see the flex and such these things are capable of.

Inferno333
08-19-2008, 09:00 AM
I may be interested if you would come down on the price. Their website says $249 retail.

Any trades?

sLoWnStEaDy
08-19-2008, 03:16 PM
I paid the extra for aluminum coils (not that it really matters now because it needs reconed)... as for price, that is the bottom dollar, i have the motor/basket on ROE at $150 with some interest...

I am probably just going to pay the $75~ to have it reconed and then sell it. Or possibly keep it for the RX7... PM what you have for a trade though and i will look....

sLoWnStEaDy
08-27-2008, 04:25 PM
BUMP!

I should clarify... the aluminum recone kit is $120 but that is if you ship it to them, they fix it and ship it back... you can get the copper coil recone for like $55~, people say the copper coils get louder with less power anyways but IDK... the only reason i went aluminum is because i was pushing like 5K rms through it....