PDA

View Full Version : Where to meet new people?

sLoWnStEaDy
08-07-2008, 02:34 PM
OK... i am sick of hanging out with the same people all the time doing the same things... I have been hanging out with most of the same people i did in high school and aparently they weren't ready to leave because they still wanna act like they are in H.S. so it is time to meet some new people.

I don't really "DRINK" but i will have a drink in a social setting (probably a fruity drink but i just don't like the taste of beer so...) other than that all i really know is cars and music and i like to do pretty much anything...

TbTalon94
08-07-2008, 02:43 PM
somethin happen to the regular group of friends?

NewSpeedSteed
08-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh god... I opened this thinking he was looking for dating advice or something.... lol sounded like a eharmany.com scenario. Honestly just do what you like to do, go places and you will just meet people and find potential friends to hang with.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Nothing really "happened" to them, just realizing what a bunch of losers they are is all. Pretty much all they do is hang out at the gas station all night and live off of other people while working some B.S. $8/hr job that is never going to get them out of their parents house... It is just sad when I am the most "adult" and "grown up" of the group... IDK, i guess i was just wondering what the hell you people do all the time when your not working..

I got the girl thing under control... well, meeting them and such anyways, trying to dcide which i want to be in an actual "relationship" woth on the other hand is not easy. So i choose to just.... uhm... "play the field"

ZacFields
08-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Honestly I still hang out my old group of friends in high school so I can't be much help, either. I don't get out as much as most people. Lately I've been having a bunch of people from work over at my house to watch movies (and have a few drinks) after work at about midnight a couple nights per week.

Not much help I suppose.

sLoWnStEaDy
08-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah Zac, that's pretty much what i do now. It is fun and all but at the same time I am just sittin' at my house watchin T.V., there just happen to be other people doing it with me... Most of my friends from H.S. where upper classman and once they graduated i stopped hangin with them, the others are all just a bunch of stoners and drunks so i plain ditched them... Now the few i have left are just broke ass losers...

IDK... I missed out quite a bit in H.S. and was doing a good job making up for it then when i had my son i got REALLY mellow and didn't do ANYTHING but work and work on my cars when i could. He is almost 16 months now and i am to the point where i trust certain people to watch him so i would like to try and get out and do things so i don't go crazy. Going to church every monday, wednesday, friday and sunday when i was in school pretty much ruined my social life back then.

ZEE
08-07-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm always working so I didn't know there was anything else.

DustinsDuster
08-07-2008, 08:53 PM
id like to give you some advice, but i'm afraid i am still stuck on trying to imagine my life without drinking....

Stutz
08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
x2 on working. Second shift ruined my social life that and the gf seems to take up what little time i have left.

TbTalon94
08-08-2008, 07:08 AM
I work 8-5 then usually 6 till whenever at night. Have enough time to sit down, eat something and then go to bed. Social life on the week-days is non-existant. On the weekends I usually hang out with my family, because either my friends are working/have to work or live out of town. Sucks.

You can always try to go to bars Keith. Don't have to drink, and there's still people there that don't drink. Or a pool hall or something. Find a laid back place and you'll probably be able to find some cool people to hang out with.

Malibu
08-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Go down to Fat Wally's and play some pool, it is a pretty laid back place and since it is a bar only 21 and up. Plus they are opening back up this weekend!

Aaron

DustinsDuster
08-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Go down to Fat Wally's and play some pool, it is a pretty laid back place and since it is a bar only 21 and up. Plus they are opening back up this weekend!

Aaron

i heard there was a flood or something. i wonder if Fat Wally's was affected?

DustinsDuster
08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Keith, are you coming to BWW tomorrow? im sure theres new people on the board you havent met. maybe you'll make some new friends there....

Stutz
08-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Shit thats tomorrow isnt it, i might be bringing a car back from cr maybe i can stop. Also some idiots in a pos honda and a gtp wanna race my s10 for some $ that day or night back in the big ol ne

sLoWnStEaDy
08-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Keith, are you coming to BWW tomorrow? im sure theres new people on the board you havent met. maybe you'll make some new friends there....

Forgot all about that... I will probably make an attempt to get out there, atleast for a little bit...

Malibu
08-11-2008, 07:17 AM

Aaron

i heard there was a flood or something. i wonder if Fat Wally's was affected?

Not quite sure if that was sarcasm but they had Kurt, the owner, in the paper last week saying that he was opening back up last weekend.

Aaron