PDA

View Full Version : Well look what I discovered

TheGhryphon
07-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Well hello there,

Ill be slightly amazed if many remember me, but I have a feeling a few may.

Its been a very long time....

I'm still a ghost, except to those who know who I am, and to those who do, hello

Just dropping by :)

xci.ed6
07-29-2008, 09:37 PM
hello

DustinsDuster
07-29-2008, 09:56 PM
whats up Sean; it's been a while. did you ever get your hands on that supra you wanted?

TheGhryphon
07-29-2008, 10:55 PM
There is 1 person who I knew would remember :)

Nah...grad school is a tad on the costly side >.< So my supra desire is on temp hold haha

Good to see you

ZacFields
07-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Good to see you Sean. It's been a LONG time. Hope things are going well for you!

Ashley
07-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Howdy howdy. Welcome back. :) What're you in grad school for?

ZacFields
07-30-2008, 12:53 AM
I imagine he's working on an MBA if I remember correctly.

I have to take some grad courses when I'm done with my bachelors so I can sit for the CFP exams. I'm actually kinda looking forward to it in a weird twisted way.

TbTalon94
07-30-2008, 07:04 AM
Hey sean, probably don't remember me. I worked with you at the Kernals. Good to see you back, should drop by more often.

-Trevor

Scott
07-30-2008, 07:11 AM
Hey man whats up, your not in colorado still are ya?? I remember meeting you up there a few years back :supz: how is everything?

JJ240
07-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Whats up guy! Long time no see whats new?

Drifte
07-30-2008, 10:01 AM
I think a lot of people will remember you. Most of the same people still here.

TheGhryphon
07-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Haha hey all, glad to be remembered so well!

It really is great to see all of you.

I am in grad school for my MHA (Masters in Health Care Administration / Executive Management) then after that its onto my doctorate (sigh more school....) haha. I changed into hospital leadership a few years ago, love it.

Nope I left Colorado. Denver is a lovely city...just a very VERY expensive city for a poor college kid who has no money haha. It was rough times there, but was a ton of fun none the less.

Aside of all that, life has been fairly good. Not much of a life at the moment due to me being bound to reading massive books and writing novels for my schooling. Oh well, only around 2 years left.

CFP Zac? As in certified financial planner? Haha I could have a spot for you on my staff one day when I have my own hospital ;) Bean counting is so not for me, and I dread any financial class I need to take....numbers make me cry.

Does anyone still meet up in this city? and where at? I wouldn't mind crashing a get together some time ;) Between work/school, my time is sadly limited but hey, old friends are old friends, and it would be nice to see y'all again.

Anywho, see ya all soon hopefully

And on a last note, of course I remember you Trev, I remember all who have posted so far, and I hope to see you all sometime.

ZacFields
07-30-2008, 12:38 PM
CFP Zac? As in certified financial planner? Haha I could have a spot for you on my staff one day when I have my own hospital ;) Bean counting is so not for me, and I dread any financial class I need to take....numbers make me cry.

I hate numbers too but for some reason if you put a dollar sign in front of those numbers I become fascinated. I wonder what that says about me :::raises eyebrow:::

Perhaps our professional paths will cross in some way. CFP's usually start their own planning firms. You may be close to completing your doctorate by the time I actually get my CFP.

I've got about 1 more year of undergraduate study (Been working full time this entire time, so doing 12-13 credit hours per semester). Then the graduate courses I will have to take should take me about one year. Over the summer after that year I'll take the CFP exam (10 hours, and I'll probably have to go to Chicago or Madison. Doesn't seem to be any testing centers in Iowa at all). Then I've got to work for 3 years as a full time financial planner in a firm. Once I've done all that, I get my CFP designation.

I'd say you made a good switch, Sean. I keep hearing a lot of good things from people who went into healthcare admin. Good luck to you. You should stick around a bit and keep in touch!

DustinsDuster
07-30-2008, 06:09 PM
we have a dinner at BWW planned in the next couple weeks; a Friday night if i remember correctly. you should try to make it out- that is, if school work allows it.

Ashley
07-31-2008, 12:34 AM
saturday august 9th. tentatively. if too many more people bail we might have to reschedule. :) but as of right now, that's the plan. you should come and catch up!

TheGhryphon
07-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Sounds good, Ill should be able to schedule it in ;)

melhoneybee
08-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey you!! I haven't seen nor heard from you since the day you dropped me off at the airport in Denver! It would be awesome to see you, so stop by the BWW I'm gonna be there for a little bit before work that night!!!

Grats on all the plans, You two have always had good heads on your shoulders and the drive to get to where you need to be, keep up the hard work!

TheGhryphon
08-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Heya Melly, long longgg time no see

I look forward to seein ya on the 8th, should be a good time :) and its good to hear from you too of course

-Sean

Hows life?

Caleb
08-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Sean...you sly dog you.

TheGhryphon
08-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Hah hey Caleb, how are you?

Caleb
08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
After almost 2 years now of the Firebird breaking, its gonna be running again this Wednesday and have proper cooling and a few ponies under the hood this time around. Looking forward to getting it up and running, I miss it :( Maybe ill get pictures and photos of it sometime and post em :D