PDA

View Full Version : Won another one!! a little bigger this time

Scott
07-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Won my second feature race last friday, I thought I wouldnt stand a chance racing my sportmod against a full blown modified car but I held my own.. My car is actually a couple classes below the other cars I was racing.

http://www.hawkeyedownsspeedway.com/racingindex.html

OldSkoolRCR
07-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Congrates!

s13kid
07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
I was there that night. I was so confused when the modifieds were on the 1/4 mile. My brother in law races out there. He wrecked his car and his buisness was flooded so I donno if we will see him out there for a while (#18 Chad Willet)

But You did come out of no where, it seemed like that orange #3 had the race in the bag, Also looked as though he was a bit more "funded" then some of the other drivers. If i remember right you took him on the outside? Good Race, Congrats on the win.

Scott
07-28-2008, 12:32 PM
yeah that number 3 is Max Corporon, he's been racing cars for a long ass time and that car he had out there only had a few nights on it so it definetly is a nice looking car compared to my beater. Max, Tony Olsen, and Pat Flannigan have all won track championships out there "I think" so I was very surprised that I was able to pass them and keep the lead till the end. and yeah I did make a pass on the outside with about 5 laps left I think, its very hard to pass on the outside on the 1/4 mile but I saw him burning the tires off half the race so I was pretty sure his car was slowing down by then.

Drifte
07-28-2008, 02:55 PM
wow thats actually amazing how well you have done. I would come watch but im kinda far away anymore. Post up pics or vids of the car you run, i cant picture what classes your running.

DragonUSMC
07-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah Justin and my brother said it was an awesome race... and i guess some tempers flew a little bit too from the story they told me of the final race.

But good job man, and good luck. Hopefully i will get a chance to see one of your races.

30lbsboost
07-28-2008, 06:01 PM
congrats!!

DustinsDuster
07-28-2008, 09:11 PM
fuck yeah Scott, thats awesome. beating Max at Hawkeye Downs is pretty good. he's been racing there for so long. next up, Johnny Spaw!

Urban Legend
07-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Good job Scott. You must have had special tires on there to pass on the outside!!!

Scott
07-29-2008, 07:17 AM
TIRES.. IS WHAT WINS THE RACE!! Yeah that race was probably the most entertaining race of the night from what I heard "I didnt have a good view of the carnage" but Im gonna buy one of their video tapes of it so I can watch it, but when theres people running into each other during a caution you know theres some tempers flaring. Thanks everyone for the congrats :supz:

Scott
07-29-2008, 07:27 AM
looks like this

Drifte
07-29-2008, 08:09 AM
looks like mad max's ride...sweet.

69gt4speed
07-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Great job Scott. :supz:

69gt4speed
07-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Great job Scott. :supz: Double post, double good....

qtrmile
07-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Congratulations dude! :WORSHIP: how did you do it?? share us some secrets! lol you surely showed them,, what's next for you?

Scott
07-30-2008, 07:17 AM
haha Im not sure if there are many secrets about this stuff, everyone will tell you there hiding something but I will give all the information I know about it "which isnt much really" the secret I know is dont get too hung up listening to everyone trying to give you advice on setting it up, just try changing things untill it makes the car happy, and read a bunch of books!! I think since I got a motorcycle license now I might try making a few passes on a bike and I might get addicted to that as well, oh and theres always dirt tracks around here, I might venture out to one of those yet this year with the sport mod and see what its like. :bigthumb:

CiViC-Wanted
08-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Congrads, you should try dirt, I hep with a IMCA dirt sportmod. I see you running a crate motor too, smae with us. The crate motor is the best motor out hands down were on are second year, and all we have done is valve springs. What kind of chassis is that, jsut out of curiosity.

Scott
08-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Im gonna get it out to dirt this year yet, I wanted to this weekend but after I bought I other new car I ran out of tire money.. :mad: The car is a old 2001 dirt works chassis with a chevelle front stub, most of the chassis has been cut apart and replaced multiple times, not the prettiest thing in the world but it still works. I think I will make it up to independance and maybe vinton a couple times this year and see how I like it. Where do you guys race at??

Drifte
08-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I would advice against a motorcycle, once you get on one, your hooked. And theirs yet another hobby for the books haha.

CiViC-Wanted
08-17-2008, 01:34 AM
The guy i help races boone. Here in about 3 weeks will be the biggest IMCA show of there year. Super Nationals is just plain nuts i mean weeks of racing for 1pm to 12am its just ridcoulos. Sport mods are the big thing now, when they started they were cheap low budget cars, now the guy i help is looking into new chassis and there anywhere for 7 to 13 thousand. But the car he has has been in the top 5 in points at boone ever since sport mod happened. The introduction of the crate motor was the greatest thing ever never looked back until they put 6200rpm chips in which just kills you on a tacky track. But i have honestly never seen aspahlt sport mods, I do know that you have to have a completely diffrernt setup and you gotta learn to pitch it in. But dirts addicting.