PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Camaro finally unveiled.

ZEE
07-21-2008, 10:30 PM
http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/

LT and LS models 300 HP v6

SS M6 6.2L LS3 422 HP 3.45 rear

SS Auto 6.2L L99 400 HP 3.27 rear

3900 lb car with independent rear. SS M6 models come with a launch control built in, how cool is that.

Wonder if they will come out with a higher HP model Z28 later.

I still don't like the coupe much but the convertible looks pretty good.

Domestic Disturbance
07-22-2008, 12:58 AM
wow isn't lacking as much as I thought it would from the concept. That interior too... omg...

ZEE
07-23-2008, 07:16 PM
If you look at the concept and this one side by side they changed the body quite a bit dimension wise. I still don't think I like it.

69gt4speed
07-26-2008, 08:03 PM
What's the latest est. pricing at?

ZEE
07-27-2008, 12:48 AM
1.The RS will be available on both the LT (V6) and SS (V8) models. The RS is strictly an exterior trim package.

2.HUD will not be available at the start of production

3. Pricing will be announced later this year

4. There will be no push button start

5. "regarding bumblebee...stay tuned"

6. SS badging will appear on the front grille and rear deck, as well as in the interior. One unique note, if you get the RS package with the SS, the SS badges on the exterior will change from Silver to Red.

7. There are two different front facias for the LS/LT and SS model. The SS model with have an slit above the grille and a little bit different lower grille.

8. The slit on the SS is nonfunctional and is for appearance only

9. The convertible will be a soft top

10. "We think the Camaro will more than hold its own when a Mustang pulls up next to it."-John Fitzpatrick

11. Halo lighting is only available with the RS package

12. The Camaro will feature the optional OnStar Direction and Connection Package that will feature the most advanced navigational system available.

13. "We'll continue to review consumer demand for future colors. Stripes will be available from both the factory and GM Accessories. More details later date."

14. The light ring around the gauges is standard on all vehicles. In addition, there will be ambient light across the instrument panel that flows into the doors that matches the rings around the gauges. "We do have two colors - ice blue and red - however, you can not dial a different color like the Mustang."

15. "We have 18, 19 and 20 inch wheels in the Camaro wheels and they all have individual appearances. We have 20 inch wheels for the SS and V6 and V8 RS packs."

16. "The backseat design is more expressive than the Mustang (bolsters), and it's got more knee and head room than the Mustang. It's a better package."

17. The customer will be able to choose what color. We will offer all black, gray, gray option, tan option and the accent pack color which is a red-orange. The color will be on the A surface of the seat and the IP and door insert.

18. The RS headlights are a specific design with an HID function and halo light ring. The tail lamps have the same appearance with a slightly darker internal finish, but essentially, they have the same exterior design.

19. Four passenger vehicle

20. The Chevrolet bowtie emblem will only be available in gold. (no blue or red options)

21. There will be an option for a power sunroof available on both models.

22. The car is essentially steel, although for lighter efficiency, the hood is alloy. Throughout the car, particularly in the suspension, there are lighter materials.

23. (the afterburners effects we're talking about on the concept car). The LED detail on the concept car which we reproduced on the lens material on the production vehicle. They sparkle in the same way.

24. The tap shifting is set up to enable the driver to make the shift. It won't upshift for you. It sits on the red line so the driver is in control for upshifting. When you slow down, it will downshift for you, so if you're at a traffic light, it will downshift and you'll have to upshift. This gives the driver the ultimate performance control.

25. There will not be a flapper valve in the exhaust system like the Corvette. However, we have spent a tremendous amount of time to ensure the exhaust note on the V6 and V8 is outstanding. The exhaust tips will be routed “through the fascia” with a 96mm diameter on the V8 and a 75mm for the V6.

26. The cars top speed will be electronically limited. Top speed numbers will be announced at a later date.

27. 18 inch tires are all season AL-2 245/55R18. These are BF Goodrich. Stopping distance from 60 to 0 mph is an impressive 132 feet.

19 inch tires are all season AL-3 245/50R19. These are Perelli. Stopping distance from 60 to 0 mph is an impressive 125 feet.

20 inch tires are summer HW-4 245/45R20 front and 275/40R20 rear. Stopping distance from 60 to 0 mph is an impressive 117 feet.

28. Perelli is the supplier for the 20s

29. Performance numbers will be released as we get closer to production, but we're very happy with the test results.

30. For the V6, we have GM's 6L50 six-speed transmission and for the V8, we have the 6L80 six-speed trans.

31. The V6 is equipped with our FE2 suspension setting that provides opportunities for 18-inch 19-inch and 20-inch tires. On the RS package, we enable the customer to get the 245 front and 275 rear 20-inch tires coupled with the HID headlights and rear spoiler. This provides the ultimate exterior appearance on the V6.

32. StabiliTrak stability control system and traction control are standard on all models. Competitive/sport modes for the stability system are offered on the V8 SS models, including launch control on SS models equipped with the six-speed manual transmission.

33. You can go into the Driver Information Center (DIC) to activate the competitive sport mode and launch control as well as deactivate all to do some cool burnouts.

34. The V6 and V8 automatics have paddle-shifters on the back side of the steering wheel to allow the customer complete control of their shift points.

35. The V6 has dual exhausts with quad catalytic converters and 75 mm "through fascia" exhaust tips.

36. The AFM is done elecronically as we move from 8 cylinder to 4 cylinder mode or 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder mode. The manual transmission is mechanically in specific gears and does not allow us to electronically change from 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder mode.

37. Both the cloth and the leather seats have strong accent stitching. Our goal was to capture some of the detail of the heritage cars but do it in a contemporary fashion

69gt4speed
07-27-2008, 05:05 AM
I'm impressed of your research, wish u would have seen me and stopped by to tallk..

ZEE
07-27-2008, 01:47 PM
These were hilites from an interview with GM rep. Got it from 5thgen.org. Saw you last night. It was getting late and I was tired. Sorry I didn't stop. Past my bed time you know.

69gt4speed
07-27-2008, 09:11 PM
That's fine ya I saw you a couple of times, I was sitting talking to Sherman and Cary about engines, etc. etc. George & friends got harley replicas, talked to them w Ed a while. I've just been on edge lately sorry, if I came across that way. Been a bad yr for all of us imo. Involved w a new project at work, all going on takes too much time to have any fun. And if you do enforcement gives you a bad time. :Hangman:

Well hopefully the camaro won't be too expensive. So we can have some around by ppl other than drs.

ZEE
07-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Didn't come acrossed that way at all. It's all good. :bigthumb:

Domestic Disturbance
07-28-2008, 02:39 AM
So the RS package offers 275s in the rear I take it? I hope cause 255s would look awkward

Drifte
07-28-2008, 01:32 PM
sounds like it has some nice features, and is utilizing todays technology well. I dont really see a place for the car with what it can and cant do. But some people prefer their camaro over other things. However, I see much to be desired in its overall design. Its kinda cheap looking, IMO. I played with it just a little and found slight changes that I think really help it out.

30lbsboost
07-30-2008, 05:57 PM
I can't wait to see it in person, I've been on the "list" to buy one for year and a half.

Domestic Disturbance
08-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Got the new motor trend today. Has the new camaro on the cover. Got more info from it though.

v8/SS -
6speed auto comes with the L99 6.2L 395hp/395tq, 6l80 Transmission
6 speed manual is an ls3 6.2L 420hp/408tq, tremec TR6060 Transmission
v6-
3.6L DOHC 24valve 310hp/270tq (borrowed from the cts), 6 speed manual Aisin AY6. It doesn't say anything about the auto for the v6.

V6/V8 models are two different chassis packages. V8 model includes bigger brakes (14.4/14inch, 4 piston calipers f/r), higher spring rates, larger anti roll bars.

Wheelbase 112.3 inches
LxWxH 189.6 x 75.9 x 53.8 inches

The article itself includes some good parts of an interview with Al Oppenheiser, GMs NA rear drive chief engineer. The the last quote because it put a smile on my face.