PDA

View Full Version : 90 CRX help...

DragonUSMC
07-13-2008, 01:18 PM
ok I'm trying to figure out a problem with my buddy's GF's car.

at this point i've replaced the wires, sparkers, air filter, fuel filter... i think thats it. Today i'm replacing the idler control valve.

the problem is that after it runs for a bit, if she stops at the gas station for a bit the car will not start unless the engine is cold again.

I've checked the pressure in the fuel rail and its good. Could the pump still be bad and only flaking out every so often? It doesnt have a MAF, i cant imagine it being the O2 sensor... anyone got any suggestions?

30lbsboost
07-13-2008, 02:48 PM
ok I'm trying to figure out a problem with my buddy's GF's car.

at this point i've replaced the wires, sparkers, air filter, fuel filter... i think thats it. Today i'm replacing the idler control valve.

the problem is that after it runs for a bit, if she stops at the gas station for a bit the car will not start unless the engine is cold again.

I've checked the pressure in the fuel rail and its good. Could the pump still be bad and only flaking out every so often? It doesnt have a MAF, i cant imagine it being the O2 sensor... anyone got any suggestions?

you can have good fuel pressure and still have a bad pump, check the fuel pump amperage.
any codes stored?

Drifte
07-13-2008, 07:00 PM
sounds like when my monte carlos fuel pump went out. But dont take my word on that. If I saw a chick drivin a 2g crx id chase her down!

DragonUSMC
07-14-2008, 07:15 AM
no it wasnt throwing a single code. But i changed the ICV, other one was full of sludge. I fiddle fuked with it for another hour starting it up and shutting it down... apparently everything is ok now. if they call me today with the same problem i'm definitely going strait to the fuel pump.

boxmakingman
07-14-2008, 08:51 PM
was the valve full of puke?

xci.ed6
07-14-2008, 10:30 PM
iacv will not stop a 4g from running. does the MIL come on & fuel pump buzz when the car will not start?

also, count blinks on the ECM light when the problem occurs, may be able to see the fault code then.

DragonUSMC
07-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Yeah dave the ICV was full of real thick black $hit. Its running fine now.

XCI - it never threw a code and everytime i heard the fuel pump prime, with good pressure to the rail, thats why i orignally shyed away from that being the problem.

He hasnt called me back yet and i hot and cold started it a bunch. So at this point the problem is fixed, wish i would have checked the ICV earlier...

DJ0820
08-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Car not starting when it's hot? I would have guessed main relay. I had that problem for a bit with my CRX. I could usually get it going again by giving the lower part of the dash to the left of the steering wheel a good smack or seven. Not to hard to replace really, but depending on where you get it from it could be pricey.

Drifte
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
haha, thats funny^ I had to do the same thing with the Legend.