PDA

View Full Version : CUSTOM BUILT ECU'S

30lbsboost
07-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm in the process right now of getting the first ECU installed on a car. I have already bench tested one ECU, Once its up running I will be building custom (I mean from the ground up!) ECU's. Full fuel and spark control, wide band o2, low impedence injector control, and can handle up to 42 psi boost, with many other options open.

69gt4speed
07-10-2008, 12:03 AM
You mean like closed loop o2 control using a wb sensor at wot? Instead of a look up fuel table based upon a map or maf reading? Or a base map/maf fuel lookup table w a wb o2 fuel trim function?

30lbsboost
07-10-2008, 05:36 AM
the wb o2 can be used at wot OR part throttle normal driving (economy driving)

TbTalon94
07-10-2008, 07:45 AM
is this something like a Megasquirt system you are just simply soldering together.

Scott
07-10-2008, 08:21 AM
If its not a pre designed kit I wouldnt touch it with a 10' pole !! there is enormous amounts of testing and engineering that goes into ECU's and thats a understatement.

30lbsboost
07-10-2008, 04:33 PM
If its not a pre designed kit I wouldnt touch it with a 10' pole !! there is enormous amounts of testing and engineering that goes into ECU's and thats a understatement.

i'm not trying to sell this, i'm building for a friend , and a couple of our cars.
I'll take what you said with a grain of salt, becouse you own a mustang that has a carb for fuel. :neener:
there are many ways to go fast......people knock what they don't understand. :neener:

30lbsboost
07-10-2008, 07:26 PM
is this something like a Megasquirt system you are just simply soldering together.

Yes the ECU that I bench tested last night is a megasquirt system, That system will be installed on a Lotus soon. The next ECU to be built will have some hardware and software mods that they do not offer. On "barney" our v6 turbo project car the transmission shifts are controlled by the PCM, the megasquirt does not allow for this, I will modify it to do this. I think it will work good on these to cars.
I don't forsee this to ever meet the needs of my 94 turbo car, still planning on FAST or Big Stuff 3.

Hey the car in your sig looks different, is this a new one? it looks nice.

Scott
07-11-2008, 10:22 AM
I think you misunderstood me, those megasquirt systems are good units, I have seen first hand those work very well. you made it sound like you designed your own ECU or something..

30lbsboost
07-11-2008, 10:41 AM
I think you misunderstood me, those megasquirt systems are good units, I have seen first hand those work very well. you made it sound like you designed your own ECU or something..

opps!!

My bad, I am assembleing them and makeing some mods of my own