PDA

View Full Version : Another animal to get rid of.. a LIZARD!

Ashley
07-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Hey hey again.

So I've got another animal to get rid of.. my lizard. It's a uromastyx, and I've had him for 4 or 5 years or so. I got him because I thought he was really cute (haha) and unfortunately lately he's been a little neglected, I just don't have the time to keep up with his "regimen".

He's a pretty neat looking lizard. The only downside, like I said, is he does require a bit of care.. fresh green leaf lettuce every day, a dozen or two crickets at least once a week. He also needs his light on for 8-12 hours a day, but you can set a light timer for that. He also needs a "bath" once a week.. he's a desert lizard, so once a week you have to put him in the tub with an inch or two of water, so he can absorb a bunch of it and get re-hydrated. He also likes to get out of his cage every few days to run around and exercise.

I have pretty much everything that he needs.. big tank with all the accessories (sand, a log to hide under, some stuff to climb on), along with the light for the tank.

I don't have an picture of him, but here's a picture of one that looks identical to him:

http://www.exoticpetvet.com/images/Uromastyx%20Mali%20male%20web%20single%201.jpg

So yeah. If anyone is interested or has questions, just let me know. I'd just like to get this guy to someone who will appreciate him and take the time to spoil him. :)

Stutz
07-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Wow i have owned anoles, leopord geckos, a bearded dragon and an iguana but honestly that thing freaks me out lol. Good luck finding a nice home

Ashley
07-09-2008, 07:35 AM
haha.. he's pretty cute, at least i think so anyway. i forgot to mention, he's not too big, maybe a foot long including the tail.

melhoneybee
07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
hunny you know how much I love animals... but with the dog, cat, horse, fish, and birds I pretty much have my "zoo" full ... good luck=D

how big of a cage do you have for him?

Ashley
07-11-2008, 08:47 AM
its somewhere between a 30 to 40-ish gallon tank. kinda big. really heavy.

amoander
07-14-2008, 07:25 AM
I know someone who is interested in it, could i see a real pic or stop by sometime to look at it.

Ashley
07-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, it's been kinda busy around here. Here's some pictures from today.

Ashley
07-15-2008, 01:47 PM
If you wanna stop by sometime, just PM me and let me know. Trent PM'd me and he's also interested, but he's gotta get here from the Quad Cities.. so pretty much whoever is able to pick him up first can take him.