PDA

View Full Version : WON MY FIRST RACE!!

Scott
06-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Most of you know this is my first year trying the circle track thing, in my 4th race last ever, last friday I won both the heat and feature in the sport mod class!! needless to say Im pumped. Just wanted to thank everyone on here who has come out to watch, and mainly H+W speedshop for great parts and service!! :rock:

JJ240
06-30-2008, 12:16 PM
nice job! Knew that shit would be coming soon enough...keep it up

Scott
06-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks man, hopefully I can get a few more this year

slobalt
06-30-2008, 05:16 PM
circle track sounds like fun. Congrats on the win......

DustinsDuster
06-30-2008, 05:55 PM
congrats on the win Scott, sorry i wasnt there to see it. just that much more reason to win when i actually make it to one of the races!

30lbsboost
06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
congrats!!!

keep it up!!

StreetSweeper
06-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Scotty,

Arnt you dizzzzy yet?

black88gt
07-01-2008, 01:25 AM
congrats on the win

Scott
07-01-2008, 07:14 AM
I actually did get a little dizzy, 25 laps basically driving in a circle kind of screws with your head :rolleyes: Dont worry the mustang will be making it out soon, I have had a few problems with the 20 year old carburator I had on it but that will be fixed soon.. Im going broke trying to race circles and get the mustang running at the same time, shits not cheap. Im looking for some sponsors on the circle track car if you guys know anyone that wants some publicity :yawinkle:

DustinsDuster
07-01-2008, 02:58 PM
maybe you could get Allgo to buy you some tires if you put a big Q on your car.

CiViC-Wanted
07-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Hey are you running a IMCA Sport Mod, if so post some picture, i help work on one and we race in boone. Are you coming up for Super Nationals. What kind of chassis and motor.

Scott
07-11-2008, 07:03 AM
Yep thats the class, northern Sport mod, I dont have any pictures here on my work computer to show you. Its pretty plain, satin black with no sponsors or stickers other than whats required. Numer is 6s Im probably not going to race at the super Nats this year, I have the car set-up now for asphalt and havent even driven it on the dirt yet, maybe toward the end of the year I will take it out to independance and give it a try.

qtrmile
07-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Congratulations dude! quite an achievement. keep it up! Where is your next race? and when?Hopefully i could watch it.

Scott
07-16-2008, 07:31 AM
Thanks a bunch man, next race is at the downs not this fri but next friday. I would race at independance but Im going to be at cordova all day with the other car.. I got interviewed on ESPN radio last week, got driver of the week award too. had some fuel pickup problems in the feature, I started 5th and got to 2nd place after 2 laps, then the car died with 5 laps left. :banghead:

DustinsDuster
07-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks a bunch man, next race is at the downs not this fri but next friday. I would race at independance but Im going to be at cordova all day with the other car.. I got interviewed on ESPN radio last week, got driver of the week award too. had some fuel pickup problems in the feature, I started 5th and got to 2nd place after 2 laps, then the car died with 5 laps left. :banghead:

back when my grandparents had a latemodel; i remember one night we led the race every lap, got out to a full straight lead. then with a lap and a half to go, the car came out of 4 with the driverside front wheel wobbling horribly. the lugnuts had backed out and the wheel was trying to come off. our driver slowed as to not lose the wheel, and ended up getting passed by 2nd and 3rd place cars. that was quite a kick in the balls. i know how you feel scotty!