PDA

View Full Version : Tried my hand in the Trophy class at Tri-State

slobalt
06-30-2008, 08:45 AM
There hasn't been a test and tune for a while and I was itchin to race something. So I packed the computer and headed to Tri-State Raceway for their 10th anniversary.

I signed up for the trophy class just to see how I'll do. There were seven of us.

Since this was my first time to actually race I got to learn a few thing about bracket racing. Dial time, staggered starts, etc...

The first round I managed to get my best 60 of 2.171 against an old Mercury, he dialed 15.75 and I dialed a 14.15.

He got the head start and I just looked at my lights and waited, it was hard holding back as he took off down the lane. He gets about 30 feet when I see the third yellow and I take off. I slowly gain on him and when we crossed the line I couldn't tell who won. When I saw the light in my lane light up I gave myself a little fist pump. Won the first drag race at a track I've ever been in. Looking at the time slip he missed his dial time by .046 sec. I missed by .052. I won off reaction time he was .107 and I hit .060, hole shot victory.

Second round was with a dude on an old Kawasaki. He dailed 11.16 and went 12.048. I hit 14.346. His motor messed up and he lost power in second and couldn't make it up the distance when the power came back. Bad cylinder he said.

In the final was against a Harley. I got to go first since he dialed 13.17. I see the third yellow and hit it. about a second later he's coming up fast at about the 1000 foot mark he's right next to me and by the time we cross the line it looked like I edged him out. When I looked for the light his side went on. Damn I lost. I look at the time slip and I went 14.105, too fast. I would have lost anyway got a bad R/T of .204. He ran a 13.226 w/ .09 R/T

Oh well nothing to brag about since it was just the trophy class but I had fun and had to share.

I did manage a PB 14.06@102.31 during the prelims.

TbTalon94
06-30-2008, 08:51 AM
Sounds like a good time

and a need for slicks :)

slobalt
06-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks, don't know if I'm ready to get slicks just yet. So far this has just been a way to have some fun and relieve some stress.....

Is that your new ride in your sig?