PDA

View Full Version : looking for a house or trailer...

sLoWnStEaDy
06-25-2008, 02:17 PM
OK, i made the HUGE mistake of renting form Advanced Equitites/Equity Realtors/Bob Miles. Long story short i am looking for a place to rent ASAP! So if you see a house/trailer for rent please let me know. Anywhere but the "ghetto" (29th st. S.E./N.E. - 1st st. S.E./N.E. along 1st ave) Ely, Swisher, Walford, Fairfax etc. is all in play! pretty much anything within a 20~ minute drive of Cedar Rapids...

in case you are wondering. I moved into this house in January at $425, before i even paid the deposit/frist month rent it went up to $495. on the 1st of THIS month i was told my lease would be terminated as of June 30th and if i wanted to stay i would have to sign a new lease at $595. I was pissed but said WTF, i don't want ot have to pack up and move real quick so i will deal with it. well, THIS MORNING i get word that if i want to stay i have to sign a lease for $695 a month!!! So i yelled at him, and told him to take this cracker jack box he calls a house and shove it up his ass. Seriously, this house MIGHT be worth $450/mo, it is like 800sq.ft. and was originaly a 2 bedroom but they added a wall smack in the center of teh living room so they could call it a 3 bedroom and charge more. All i can fit in the living room for furniture is a SINGLE love seat and a small chair (plus mt entertainment center) which leaves just enough room to walk in between everythignto get to other rooms....

DustinsDuster
06-25-2008, 05:58 PM
renters all over town are taking advantage of the flood situation and raising their rent all over the place. it's really very shitty. the apartments at the corner of C Ave. and Boyson are nice, and even offer garages and allow large dogs. you also might want to call Squaw Creek trailer park in Marion and see if they have any trailers people are trying to sell/rent. if you get desparate, you could call Eagle Ridge, but i used to live there and wouldnt recommend it. they basically want a trailer park that is an old-folks home.

Drifte
06-25-2008, 06:05 PM
um, no contract?

30lbsboost
06-25-2008, 06:11 PM
This might help some people
there are 2 houses for sale a block from me, and the house right next door to me is for sale and has a good sized garage. All are located in marion. If anyone needs info pm me on this.

It would be nice to have more "car people" neighbors

hope this helps

sLoWnStEaDy
06-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Rent/lease only....

As for the price raising. The first two raises where before the floods, the most recent is just because he knows i don;t want ot move and is trying to take advantage of it. You may know of Bob Miles, he is the one with a $1M+ civil suite against him along with a pretty HEAVY criminal suite to boot.... The guy is a criminal, no way around it and for his sake i hope he ends up in prison before someone gives him what he really deserves...

sLoWnStEaDy
06-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks Dusitn, gotta a couple to check out atleast. That is my main problem, we haev 3 dogs. My french bulldog and two pitbull puppies....

30lbsboost
06-25-2008, 06:17 PM
A friend of mine has some nice rental properties, I'll check with him to see if he has any openings anywhere

DragonUSMC
06-25-2008, 06:55 PM
i would also report him to the housing authority / commission. if he is trying to take advantage of the situation he could loose his realators license.

also unless your contract stated that he could terminate the lease at any given moment (which it doesnt because thats illegal, you MUST be issued a 30 day notice, and he must also pay back any deposits and inconvenience compensation. He is walking a thin line... I would burn him. My landlord did the same mess in Colorado... I burned him with the county fire marshal. He no longer owns any of the 22 properties he once had.

Drifte
06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
yea lets own this dude. whats his name, and what contract are you under.

lil krumm
06-25-2008, 09:05 PM
theres a house for rent in swisher, actually a couple i think. but the one i know of for sure is on greencastle w/ garage. and im pretty sure animals are allowed, the last people that lived there had dog kenels in all there trucks...

sLoWnStEaDy
06-25-2008, 09:14 PM
We don't need to worry much about "getting" him... He is already WAY in some DEEP shit. I mean i am going to join the angry mob and be a part of that HUGE lawsuit against him but that is about it. Unless of course i see him around town, some things are worth spending a little time in jail!

lil krumm: THANKS! that sounds perfect if it is still available and not TOO much $$.... Looking for something around $900/month...

69gt4speed
06-26-2008, 12:00 AM
CEDAR RAPIDS (AP) - A Cedar Rapids landlord has been convicted of receiving insurance payments based on false claims.

Tuesday a federal jury found Robert Miell guilty of insurance fraud and breach of contract. It ordered him to pay nearly $2 million in damages.

Robert Miell that's his name, he is facing fed tax fraud also.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-26-2008, 09:54 AM
There is a small tidbit about him in the gazette today (well, his "company")
http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs. ... /971949679 (http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080626/NEWS/971949679)

Funny part is the apartment mentioned is advertised for $395 now meanign by the time you move in it will be $425+. Seriously this guy just needs to be shot! I know people are in business to make money but this fucker must think he owns Exxon or something cause it is getting rediculous! It makes me sick to see all o fthese people coming together offering homes/apartments/trailers etc.... to flood victims with no deposits and month-month leases and so on then this ass clown is doing what he is. On top of it all he has a NON-REFUNDABLE pet "deposit" of $450.... wether it be a fish or a rhino!

FUCK I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS ASSHOLE GET WHAT IS COMING TO HIM!!! Sadly he has a virtual menopoly of properties so i am sure nothing is going to be done. how can the BBB let someone like this stay in business? Gotta love america

DustinsDuster
06-26-2008, 04:56 PM
as shitty as i know he handles his business, my grandpa works for him as a maintnence man, and i am very torn as how to feel. it sucks either way.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Anyone in Swisher wanna may be swing by there and grab the number for that house?

black88gt
06-27-2008, 02:17 PM
they did that to a friend of mine, raised the rent 100 bucks for no reason after renting for like 5 months. they said fuck that and moved out.

DragonUSMC
06-29-2008, 11:41 AM
But you miss the point of reporting him and taking this further...

the people living in the house basicly become the owners if he looses his reality lics.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-29-2008, 07:57 PM
BUMP!
I tried to find that house on Green Castle but the road was all blocked off and what not. If anyone knows a way to get to the house (or onto green castle for that matter) please let me know... We are suppose to be out tomarow and still have not found a place to go...