PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Tuner

CivicPRO
06-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey i'm new to the forum but I just recently got done with partial of my project. I successfully installed my turbo kit on my 00' Civic EX, but im looking for someone near Iowa city/cedar rapids that can tune the ECU with Greddy Emanage or AEM EMS.

DustinsDuster
06-22-2008, 09:59 PM
i believe Jesse(red04evo is his username if i remember right) on here has tuned an array of cars, and also one of our Admins, Trevor(TBtalon97), can also tune as well.

Stutz
06-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I can tune most 97-03 GM fwd cars.. Can i have a cookie?

30lbsboost
06-23-2008, 05:44 AM
I can tune

TbTalon94
06-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Well which do you have? Greddy Emanage or AEM EMS?

CivicPRO
06-23-2008, 07:56 AM
I haven't gone any of em yet, I want to find someone who can definately tune it. But if anyone is willing to do IT PM me your contact information and let me know what EMS to get so that we can talk.

TbTalon94
06-23-2008, 08:06 AM
AEM EMS is going to be the best. Hands down over the Emanage. Jesse (red04evo) is a bit more experienced then me with AEM and probably has a little more time then me. I'd contact him and see if he's up to it, otherwise I can help out.

CivicPRO
06-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Yeah, it would take me a whiel to get the EMS tho cause its so damned expensive. I was thinking about getting E-Mange first then re tune later on with EMS just to get my car running correctly right now. But I would love if you could tune it, could u PM me ur contact info or something? I'm in cedar rapids right at this moment at class in the Automotive Department.

TbTalon94
06-23-2008, 12:24 PM
I'd just hold out till you get AEM. You can PM what you your thinking of doing. I wouldn't get anything untill you have enough for AEM. Trust me it will be worth it.

30lbsboost
06-24-2008, 05:03 PM
It was nice talking with you, I look forward to helping you out

drfast4ward
06-24-2008, 06:39 PM
just a perspective. but from experience with more than a dozen hondas in the last year, greddy emanage total waste of money, not a good choice at all. you do have several solutions though. 1st and the cheaper solution which will totally tune from idle to full throttle, timing and everything along the way, would be hondata s300 for boosted applications for hondas second would be aem which is almost double the cost and more expensive to tune. well more expensive to dyno tune.. we would be more than happy to help you out with it we have a dyno and in the quad cities. not trying to take work away from anyone. just giving him more options.

happy choosing.

30lbsboost
06-25-2008, 05:25 AM
just a perspective. but from experience with more than a dozen hondas in the last year, greddy emanage total waste of money, not a good choice at all. you do have several solutions though. 1st and the cheaper solution which will totally tune from idle to full throttle, timing and everything along the way, would be hondata s300 for boosted applications for hondas second would be aem which is almost double the cost and more expensive to tune. well more expensive to dyno tune.. we would be more than happy to help you out with it we have a dyno and in the quad cities. not trying to take work away from anyone. just giving him more options.

happy choosing.

Trent, you couldn't tune a wet dream :butthead:

TURBOWHT
06-25-2008, 06:18 AM
I would go hondata.

Xboosted23X
06-25-2008, 08:56 AM
its been awhile since ive been out of the honda scene.
i had hondata on my prelude. worked good
also look into neptune

drfast4ward
06-25-2008, 09:39 AM

happy choosing.

Trent, you couldn't tune a wet dream :butthead:

I am not a tuner but my partner is and he does not problem tuning anything.. also let me know when you out mph our tuner

30lbsboost
06-25-2008, 05:42 PM
When the turbo car is ready, i'll let you know and we'll meet at the track.

good luck....your going to need it.