PDA

View Full Version : Trash!!

amoander
06-21-2008, 09:21 PM
I have not been very active on here in a while as well as out racing. Had to end a 4.5 yr relationship (good friends for 12 years), find a new place, end a few friendships, continue school (keeping my grades up), the unexpected death of my best friends mothers (known her and him for over 14 years), and spend large amounts of money all within 2-3 months. It was both our faults that the relationship had to end, and that is what made it worse. When there is nothing to place any blame on it seems to make things more difficult for me. Even if I can blame myself it is easier to handle then having nothing to blame. I almost ended up selling the GT (she was pushing that). I also need to apologize to Rob, for not calling him back nor being as good of a friend to him as he has been to me. I apologize for this. Rob PM your number, I lost my phone!!
So now things are finally getting stable, she is moved out and new roommate moves in July 1st. The GT is running better. I need a rematch with the black GTP. Made a fool of myself last time, I honestly had just gotten it back from tuning and gotten on it 3-5 times and had not raced nor launched it at all. Excuses are excuses and none the less it was a loss. I will be far more active of a member as well as hitting the streets far more. I should have the nitrous working in two weeks and tuned soon after. Hope everyone turned out ok after this flood is over. Life can be a bitch!
-Adam -

Stutz
06-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Last i knew that black gtp blew up, but its getting a pretty sick combo for the rebuild.

DustinsDuster
06-22-2008, 04:46 AM
adam; youre an awesome guy, and i hate to see good people go through turmoil, but i know youre coming out on top. thats whats tough guys do- they get by. keep your head p man . theres a lot of people on here holding you up high.

TbTalon94
06-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Hold your head up. Things always get better. It's tough going through things like that, but it always leads to something better.

Domestic Disturbance
06-22-2008, 03:10 PM
best of luck man.

NewSpeedSteed
06-22-2008, 04:33 PM
We all ave our times of turmoil, I've been going through my own hell in the past month as well. Not comparing which one of us had it worse or anything but just saying that I can relate... and I'm sure in some way everyone on IAF can relate to how you feel. Keep strong, were all pulling for you, afterall were all in this (life) together.

amoander
06-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Thank you all very much for the nice comments, we are all in "life" together (good point). NewSpeedSteed, I hope and pray things quickly get better for both of us. Well more fun news, bout burnt my 03 GT to ashes. As most know I did not install the new motor. So I was getting ready to check if the nitrous was working and flipped the power switch on and all the sudden I see smoke, turned switch off, then ignition, and it conitnued to quickly increase in the amount of smoke. Im talking oh shit amount. I was with Rob, I made a judgement call and yelled for Rob to get the fire extinguisher (yes i know it won't stop an electrical ground, but will stop the car from burning). I saw the power wire that was grounding. It was red hot and grabbed it, knowing it was going to hurt. I yanked the wire so it wasn't connected and it solved the issues. All this happenedin in about 1 min., so more instincts and reactions were ruling the event. MSD is ruined, the ground occured at the fire wall entry point. They must have pulled on it a few times. I know have 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my index finger and thumb with width of the wire and about 1inch long. I am a huge puss when it comes to burns. Oh well God is still pissing on me and if anyone needs to take a shit call me becuase i am now a fing toilet lol. Probably start wiring Sat.

DustinsDuster
06-22-2008, 09:55 PM
man, that really sucks. same thing happened to me last year the night before i was supposed to go to the strip. wiring something up and a wire started smoking. managed to get it fixed the next morning and made it to the strip.

when you're really low, the only place to go is up. keep at it man, the sun will still rise tomorrow.

black88gt
06-23-2008, 10:28 AM
sorry to hear about everything, and its good that things are starting to go back uphill slowly. next time you're in town have rob give domestic disturbance a call, we'll stop out and shoot the shit and see how the gt is running

69gt4speed
06-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Ya the wires were hot, I pulled them off the battery but his finger was already burnt. He wants me to give him sh-t so... I got his azz in my t bird hauled him down to mercy walkin to get silvidine and some pain pills. Always put a fuse right at the battery. Happy now? That's what I'd say to my son Ryan btw. Why didn't u tell them u were sandbagging and ur fancy azz phone went into the water? Btw thanks for takin a look at Anita appreciate it.

amoander
06-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Well, gonna have do debride it tomorrow, silvadine is not getting it done. heres a pic.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa54 ... G_1311.jpg (http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa54/amoander/IMG_1311.jpg)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa54 ... G_1321.jpg (http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa54/amoander/IMG_1321.jpg)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa54 ... G_1320.jpg (http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa54/amoander/IMG_1320.jpg)

Domestic Disturbance
06-25-2008, 12:50 AM
ouch that looks harsh. what exactly is debriding?

NewSpeedSteed
06-25-2008, 07:46 AM
ouch that looks harsh. what exactly is debriding?

In order for the finger to completely heal or have a greater chance at healing quickly the infected area (and dead skin) must be scraped clean otherwise it may cause a more severe infection and possibly cause further issues down the road.

amoander
06-25-2008, 09:47 AM
IM a little drugged up right now, but ya NewSpeedSteed got it rights. The wound can't approximate well (pull together), and increased amount of scar tissue, as well as a greater risk for infection. The Debridement went well, bloody mess, but actually looks good and didn't hurt as bad as i thought it would. I did it myself, with a resident friend helping. No point in paying out huge insurance premiums for things i can do myself and don't require a freaking MD (hate that about medicine and peoples assumptions). Oh well, off for a drug induced nap lol.

69gt4speed
06-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Glad it's done, no more of that please. I've seen way too many drs. and hospital beds lately. And battle scars.

amoander
06-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Ya, Im good to go Rob, pulled the panel off my dash and redoing the wiring for purge and bottle heater today.

69gt4speed
06-28-2008, 05:20 PM
We got it hooked up on the gt, who wants some testing?

69gt4speed
07-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Got dynoed today w the tiny jets..... Take a guess.... seriously.. oh yea at illinois dyno so take that into account. I'm not telling, not my car but I know. Adam's car the 2v 03 gt.

ZacFields
07-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Amoander. I was just browsing through the trash forum and stumbled onto this. I guess I must have missed when you originally posted this.

That sucks about you having to end your relationship. 4 and a half years is a long time. Hopefully, I imagine, 2 months later and you're probably mostly over it by now. That's how these things go. I can't really relate to ending a relationship of that magnitude but I do know what it feels like to lose someone whether it be to death or what have you.

It's weird but the old saying that "time heals all pains" is completely true. Way back when Steve Dahl passed away a lot of us on here didn't feel like we'd ever start feeling better. Steve's mom sent me a bunch of necklaces to pass out that had a picture of steve etched on it, and I used to wear that thing every day. even when I showered I would have it on. Now, it is hanging on the bedpost on my side of the bed. I still wear it every now and then, but I'm healed enough that I don't feel like I need to have it with me all the time.

Good luck to you in your endeavors. I know what it's like to struggle through school trying to keep your grades up. When I'm done with my bachelors, I have to take some graduate-level coursework so that I can sit for a 10-hour test in Madison. So I've definitely got to keep my grades up too.

FiFdYnUtZ
11-04-2008, 11:46 AM
adam, the black gtp is back up and running with a different setup, i think once it gets tuned and everything he would be interested in a spray race...but dont take my word for it...:)