PDA

View Full Version : New member of my Cadillac family

sLoWnStEaDy
06-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Got a brother for my Eldorado...
it's a gold '66 Cadillac Calais with a 429 Big Block and 66K original miles! Power everything (well, vacuum operated i think...?) dual batteries... Has the nifty telescoping seetering column, rear fender skirts all body chrome is present etc... Does need some work on the front bumper side pieces (try to find some on ebay or something) I do not have any pics of it yet but i should have some up tomarrow, until then here is an example of a 66 calais

http://imgplace.com/image_bin/8297/5eded2994ab1536efb5bf810e3239e39.jpg.th.jpg (http://imgplace.com/image/view/5eded2994ab1536efb5bf810e3239e39)

QUICK PLANS:
some quick minor body work with VERY little rust repair
Gold Metallic paint job (hopefuly in about two weeks)
detail interior (in good shape except teh top dash pad which i am replacing)
engine tune-up and clean-up! and get the timing redone
recharge the A/C (told it is good just needs charged, we will see)

FUTURE PLANS:
Drop it a few good inches
Suicide doors
24" rims
5% tint all around 50% on the windsheild
fiberglass interior work (body color paint of course)
KILLER sound system (probably run 4 12" HDC3 cuz i LOVE the AQ brand!!!!!!)

DustinsDuster
06-22-2008, 12:08 PM
sounds to be a fun cruiser; congrats on it. cant wait to see it out and about.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah, i am excited. The thing is HUGE, over 19ft long!!!

Already welcomed it into the family this morning at about 2am... Sadly there was a bunch of police over at Element who seen the smoke and started spot lighting houses looking for a fire, they came over and asked if we where "burning rubber" i said yes, but since i was in my own driveway and no one really lives by me he just said "Nice one Starsky" and drove away. I LOVE the CRPD! I got i trouble out at my old shop in Marion just for starting a car IN MY GARAGE that had very little exhaust (fiero)

ANYWAYS, i am trying to get a camera to get pics but.... and we are going to film the next burnout as soon as we find a place i can do it without being bugged by the fuzz

RandomHero
06-22-2008, 03:04 PM
omg, i love that car. its sick man, im jealous.

Domestic Disturbance
06-22-2008, 03:16 PM
is that the 1 that was in the buy and sell. if so, damn u for beating me to it

sLoWnStEaDy
06-22-2008, 05:39 PM
is that the 1 that was in the buy and sell. if so, damn u for beating me to it

Yes sir, it was....
I traded the mustang and $200 cash for it!
I got a pretty damn good deal! the rear quarter was smashed when i got it... I pulled it into my driveway, popped teh trunk and smacked it with my hand, body work is done....
Well, everything it NEEDED anyways, the chrome trim is all off and i don't plan to put it back on so i have some minor hole filling to do where the trim mount clips went but i say an hour or two TOPS to get 'em all filled.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-24-2008, 06:06 PM
WELL, quite a bit more body work than i thought because someone did some shitty repairs at some point in time. Spent the last couple days making and welding in patch panels, flinging some bondo and shaving some random things. I also started the car on fire yesterday! I was welding in a small patch on the front fender and apparently there where a TON of leaves/sticks up in there because it lit up like a frikkin match! Burned pretty good and got pretty big as it took me about 2 minutes to get the hose hooked up and what not to spray it out.

Also found out something kind of "neat", the car has a production date of 6-66. So i am probably going to have to work something "devilish" into the car. Probably when i fiberglass the rear speaker deck or something...

Domestic Disturbance
06-25-2008, 01:01 AM
haaa... i think its 'black' from streetpsi

fastcar
06-25-2008, 07:52 AM
haaa... i think its 'black' from streetpsi

No its white from SIN TK w rice org slomaro

Domestic Disturbance
06-26-2008, 01:01 AM
lol at queers