PDA

View Full Version : 21st Birthday!!

Ashley
06-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Hey! So next Monday (the 23rd) is my 21st birthday, and since we haven't had a dinner or BBQ or whatever in like forever, I thought I'd invite all you lovely people. :)

The plan (so far):
- dinner & margaritas/drinks at el Rancho on 16th ave at about 6:30
- $1 night at westdale bowl around 8:00 or 8:30

The bowling alley closes at 10:30.. and the plan after that WAS to go to piano lounge.. but unfortunately that won't be happening anytime soon. So, there will probably be some other bar after bowling.

You're all welcome to come to all/some/none of it. I just wanted to put the offer out there since we haven't had an IAF event in awhile.

TbTalon94
06-17-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm game. Lemme know what's going on.

DustinsDuster
06-17-2008, 01:45 PM
i'll probably show up for a bit of it at least. congrats!

Scott
06-17-2008, 02:01 PM
I LIKE DRINKING :supz: :vom:

Ashley
06-18-2008, 12:18 PM
does anyone have any suggestions for a bar afterwards? like i said, i was planning on going to the piano lounge but since they're flooded.. i have no idea where to go, haha. a friend of mine suggested cabo since it's right by the westdale bowling alley, but i've never been there.

TbTalon94
06-18-2008, 01:20 PM
I'll be goin home, normal people have to work in the morning :)

Ashley
06-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Not the normal people I know.. lol. Most people I know are in school, or work 2nd or 3rd shift. :P

DustinsDuster
06-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Cabo isnt bad at all. especially if it's just down the road, i would just go there. i personally wont be there though; i wake up at 4am...

Drifte
06-18-2008, 03:17 PM
ah, if you coulda done it on a weekend :/ July 3rd Im done with classes and will begin my "summer"

whens are usually bbq going down?!

biohazard
06-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Happy Birthday Ashley, I hope you are having fun.

Ashley
06-23-2008, 09:12 PM
thank youuuu. we just got back from bowling. it was fun.

ps: flaming shots at el rancho are amazing

the end goodnight
:D

TbTalon94
06-23-2008, 09:47 PM
sorry I couldn't make it :(

Workng 2 jobs doesn't really leave much time

DustinsDuster
06-23-2008, 09:50 PM
we'll have to make up for it at the BBQ this year. are we still planning on having one?

Ashley
06-23-2008, 10:41 PM
not really.. its kind of a pain in the ass. lol. i guess if everyone REALLY wants a bbq, we can do one.. but IF we do, it needs to be in cedar rapids. and maybe (unfortunately) might have to charge people a couple bucks if they eat, just to cover the cost of the food and the $45-70 (depending on location) fee to rent a pavillion. the bbq is expensive, and i'm going to be driving back and forth to iowa city in the fall.. so we don't have a ton of extra money to donate towards a BBQ.

OTHERWISE, the (preferred) option would be to have a couple dinners at BWW or Godfathers or wherever.

i'd prefer just to have a couple dinners this summer, but whatev, it's up to you guys.

ZacFields
06-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah. With all of our BBQ locations ravaged by the floods, and the fact that I don't think anyone is going to want to drive to Coralville due to the gas prices, we may have to substitute the BBQ for a couple dinners this summer. I really don't want to charge people to get in, and Ashley and I have our finances on lock-down for a while since she may be driving to Iowa City for school this fall. We're not broke or anything, just trying to save every penny that we can to prepare. I've taken a no-debt approach to life since our last BBQ :)

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions related to that, don't be afraid to voice them.

96-eclipse-gst
06-24-2008, 08:26 AM
If you guys do decide to do a bbq in Cedar Rapids. Look in to the pavillion at Noehlridge Park. I don't believe you have to rent it and its a beautiful park on the NE side of town.

TbTalon94
06-24-2008, 10:50 AM
If you guys do decide to do a bbq in Cedar Rapids. Look in to the pavillion at Noehlridge Park. I don't believe you have to rent it and its a beautiful park on the NE side of town.

You'd know all about parks wouldn't you.

Drifte
06-24-2008, 03:33 PM
thats a nice park, thats next to where i went to preschool, and used to live. Usually something going on their tho. we dont all have to meet at once. lets me randomly, in the name of IAF, with whoever wherever. Im gonna need a new shirt tho, I wore mine while I was pulling my engine last sunday.