PDA

View Full Version : flood of 2008!

30lbsboost
06-12-2008, 06:37 PM
I hope everyones homes are ok
Some of my friends have lost there homes and buisness. l live in marion, but it sucks seeing CR go to hell in a hand basket

later

Drifte
06-12-2008, 07:11 PM
yea its pretty terrible. Hopefully insurance can cover most for people, maybe they didn't want to but its an opportunity to start fresh. For me in CF I have no troubles getting around, IM on the good side. Glad we didnt rent that house we looked at next to the river now...which is probably gone.

DragonUSMC
06-12-2008, 07:23 PM
so where are all the photos you all should be taking?

I dont live there... i dont believe there is flooding at all... Pics or it didnt happen!!!

69gt4speed
06-12-2008, 08:30 PM
The bottom line is if u don't have flood insurance u are screwed. I went through one in 1977, lost my shit, my cars etc. Never live down low again fk that. We will get low interest loans though when the fed declares it a disaster. Friday the 13th tommorrow... 32 ft+. My prayers go out to each of you.. As it is I am keeping kids here, one family from vinton, one from tama. If u have no place to stay pm me. Wife is at mercy h still and it's flooding there too. mays island is toast now. All those bridges are under water but 380. check u tube I'll get a video up tommorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzHXU-eO8Xo

Ashley
06-12-2008, 11:46 PM
rob, what's anita at mercy for? they evacuated tonight because the hospital started to flood, so i assume she got evacuated to st. lukes.

my mom is a nurse there & all the nurses are mandated (forced to stay at the hospital and work) but idk what's going on now that they've evacuated. i guess they'll go to st. lukes to help out over there.

69gt4speed
06-13-2008, 12:12 AM
No, she is Not evacuated yet. I just got a call from mercy admin. We do not know where she is going. Lukes, mercy in i.c. or u of i.c. She was in for a appendicitis then she had complications and re operated on her 2 days ago. Believe me I have not slept right for a week and let's say I am not very happy. But her white blood count is down, now her temp ok, her bp a lil low. They found her (through exp surgery) intestines were kinked and a abscess had formed, it truly brings me to tears this stuff and seeing her. I believe she is up to transport now. Mike (her middle son) is with her right now. Usually I have been with her 14 to 16 hrs a day. I had it, the bs, the flood etc. I let him step up as he wanted to and is a great son. She is chewing azz, so I figure she is better. Before a rag doll. U see a person puking a quart of bile, stuff is not going good.

Never the less I know several ppl are flooded Ed and George, several ppl at work, Anita's daughter and family (vinton), the list is endless. I know that feeling of everything unknown, later u see the damage and shed ur tears.

69gt4speed
06-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Update, they moved her to Vinton hospital. So far she is doing ok. Her daughter lives there and pwr is restored for daughter's place so daughter moved back to vinton. Today I am home tending to reg. stuff etc. Wish all of you ppl well. Pull together, put aside differences, do what u can. Water is critical in c.r. do what u can to conserve. It will be a while to get water pumps back online.

KEGER
06-14-2008, 01:51 PM
so where are all the photos you all should be taking?

I dont live there... i dont believe there is flooding at all... Pics or it didnt happen!!!

NBC has pics for you... Those who lost there shit like a few of my close friends have enough stress and shit to wory about in there lives right now.

69gt4speed
06-14-2008, 02:30 PM
I am sure he is kidding Keger, my friend. Like I said u tube is a good place if not here local right now to see the damage. Help whoever u can, pull together. I am sure if not affected personally we still will be as work won't be open in c.r. for sometime soon. When water goes down help those affected to haul out their stuff. Clean it off or throw it out. That's the routine sorry to say.

Drifte
06-14-2008, 02:34 PM
j's just tryin to lighten the mood he means no disrespect im sure. My brothers and I have some pics, mine are on my gf's facebook, his are on another flood thread in the clubhouse. Its pretty weird to see an entire city under water.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-14-2008, 03:20 PM
and it is raining again!
Just when the water starts going down a bit mother nature pisses on us again!
Not that it will make much of a difference i am sure but she is just adding insult to injury.

I was hoping that i could sell one of my cars so that i could pay next months rent/bills ahead of time so i coudl just take the next couple weeks off to help whoever needs it but i don't forsee that happening. I was suppose to go down to Oakdale and start my tests and everything to be a prison gaurd, wonder how that area is? Last i heard it was a 6-hour trip to I.C. somethign about going up to Waterloo then Over to some other city, then down to Des Moines then over to I.C. on I80?? I am glad i live on a hill on the N.E. side but MAN do i feel HORRIBLE for all the people who are under water with no flood insurance!

30lbsboost
06-14-2008, 03:53 PM
This whole deal does not even seem real, CR has been the top news story on all the major networks...I never thought I would ever see this happen.
With all the bad that has happened, The only good thing I've got to say is that its awesome to see everyone pulling together in our area.

For those who have been affected, Or thoughts and prayers are with you.

black88gt
06-14-2008, 07:30 PM
anyone needs help pm me

DustinsDuster
06-15-2008, 12:29 PM
the Pepsi plant downtown is underwater. now all the trucks and what not are parked at the old Econofoods on 51st St. NE; and im still not sure how our routes are going to work. they were talking about driving the trucks to Waterloo every night to get them loaded up there, then bring them back here to run all day. i think fuel prices are going to nix that idea though.

one thing's for sure; the next couple months are really going to suck as far as work goes...

Domestic Disturbance
06-15-2008, 12:58 PM
i saw a lot of pepsi trucks parked at walmart on blairs ferry the other night

DustinsDuster
06-15-2008, 05:52 PM
i saw a lot of pepsi trucks parked at walmart on blairs ferry the other night

yeah; we were originally going to park them there, but they took up way too much space. it gets too busy at walmart and it was just a total clusterfuck. the old econofoods will work much better i think.

Stutz
06-15-2008, 06:02 PM
You can get through marengo now to go from ia city to cr, before the closest way was to go all the way to des moines and around.

I just moved all my stuff out from my place in coralville, i lived in the basement of a duplex the floor is just all wet now, and it really smells. Its right off of 1st. ave and its like a river just two blocks away glad i live (lived) on a hill. Obviously im looking for a new place now.

melhoneybee
06-15-2008, 10:24 PM
this all happened after I came to St Louis for the week. I hope you all are doing ok, and I hope I don't come home to any surprises... I'm second floor on a hill so my place should be ok.

Ashley
06-16-2008, 12:55 AM
yeah mel your place should be just fine. my parents live at the bottom of your hill (right around the 33rd ave/bowling street intersection) and their house stayed dry.

fbodyguy
06-16-2008, 08:13 AM
30 and 13 are open hwy 1 still closed.
Cedar to Iowa city and vice vs.
South out of Ely to Solon on Seven sisters road is a better short cut. No low riding cars down the gravel though, your gonna scuff or loose body parts.

DustinsDuster
06-16-2008, 07:43 PM
You can get through marengo now to go from ia city to cr, before the closest way was to go all the way to des moines and around.

took that way to IC today. took about an hour in the big truck, but there was very little traffic. not too bad. just something to remember if you hate dealing with 380's traffic.

fbodyguy
06-16-2008, 07:49 PM
TV 9 said that 380 will be open tomorrow.