PDA

View Full Version : A lttle roll race...

Ninesecsnake
06-09-2008, 12:46 AM
So I went against my better judgement and roll raced tonite, It was a local guy with an Evo MR that has all the goddies, 2.3 stroker, 42r, Cosworth Head, Motec M800, Shep 5 speed and such. Makes over 900 wheel. I will admit I was worried beacuse I was on my 17" radials and could't find traction until 120, so I lowered the tire pressure to 15lbs and it was over, he would always get out 2-3 cars but then it was on, I passed him like he was standing still. To top it off I saw a max boost of 24lbs and 14*. (930 wheel) Ive been as high as 31lbs on the street.

I just had to tell someone, there is a video I will post a link as soon as he uploads them.

DustinsDuster
06-09-2008, 03:49 AM
man, i cant wait to see this vid! congrats on the race.

allgo
06-09-2008, 06:37 AM
There is no way you beat a EVO...lol ,put the vid up as soon as you can Ryan

snickerlicker
06-09-2008, 06:59 AM
A foxbody beating an EVO? Ut oh........

StreetSweeper
06-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Theres a cetch to this Allgay,

Ryans fox runs, and runs good.. LOL!!! :butthead:

Scott
06-09-2008, 08:57 AM
sounds like the trans must be working better now, cant wait to see this video :supz:

Mufflover
06-09-2008, 09:08 AM

You guys act like a foxbody is unbeatable to.

Ninesecsnake
06-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks Everyone, here is a picture of the internal log to prove my boost, its a little big but its the only way I could make it readable.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL144/2065813/4006000/320658970.jpg

I will try to get him to upload the video asap. Now I want to race him from a dig with my bigger radials.

Mufflover
06-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Theres a cetch to this Allgay,

Ryans fox runs, and runs good.. LOL!!! :butthead:

Why do you always talk shit to people????

StreetSweeper
06-09-2008, 11:18 AM
thats none of your business, hider! BTW< Practice what you preach.

69gt4speed
06-09-2008, 05:32 PM
The video would be nice imo. Don't see to many hi hp races period.

Urban Legend
06-09-2008, 11:19 PM

You guys act like a foxbody is unbeatable to.

Okay, just mustangs in general!

Nice job Ryan, did you ever pull the tranny?

BlownPony306
06-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Let's see the vid!!

Ninesecsnake
06-10-2008, 05:41 PM

Thanks Russ,

The trans is still the same I just learned to work with it. If I let off between the 1-2 shift it holds, but that's killing my e.t, The boost drops to zero and works it's way back up. Im going to send it in after the downtown car show this month. When's the legend coming out of Eric's stable?

I found out a little more on the evo. Its a MIVEC motor; with the ported stock head, stock cams and 36lbs it made 730 wheel. The head was ported to much and broke under big boost. The new head is a Cosworth head and 280 cams, he told me it picked up over 100whp at 36lbs but he wouldn't tell me how much boost he was running during our race, im guessing 40+. Im trying to get the video but he is not my friend, so it might take a little bit, but I assure you I will get it.

Jappbox
06-10-2008, 10:12 PM

Thanks Russ,

The trans is still the same I just learned to work with it. If I let off between the 1-2 shift it holds, but that's killing my e.t, The boost drops to zero and works it's way back up. Im going to send it in after the downtown car show this month. When's the legend coming out of Eric's stable?

I found out a little more on the evo. Its a MIVEC motor; with the ported stock head, stock cams and 36lbs it made 730 wheel. The head was ported to much and broke under big boost. The new head is a Cosworth head and 280 cams, he told me it picked up over 100whp at 36lbs but he wouldn't tell me how much boost he was running during our race, im guessing 40+. Im trying to get the video but he is not my friend, so it might take a little bit, but I assure you I will get it.

Well they guy has no idea what he is talking about, no mivec motor is makeing 900whp yet. Sounds to me like a 37R car making 700whp. If its a MR thats stupid, very heavy cars. Im not saying that you cant beat a well put together evo, but you would not have pasted him like he was standing still, and if you have traction problems at 900whp then the race would have been over from the get go. I have no traction problems at all. how fast did you get up to? and the time it took from the start, i know what my 830whp 45-180 took me in seconds.

Ninesecsnake
06-11-2008, 12:57 AM

Thanks Russ,

Well they guy has no idea what he is talking about, no mivec motor is makeing 900whp yet. Sounds to me like a 37R car making 700whp. If its a MR thats stupid, very heavy cars. Im not saying that you cant beat a well put together evo, but you would not have pasted him like he was standing still, and if you have traction problems at 900whp then the race would have been over from the get go. I have no traction problems at all. how fast did you get up to? and the time it took from the start, i know what my 830whp 45-180 took me in seconds.

No it is a MIVEC, I have seen it myself, the car was built by Brian @ AAP in Atlanta, here is a link to the 720 wheel 36lbs on the old head: and stock cams, the new head is just sick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ3zmmrgYic

Its everthing AMS, your tuner has to offer, this guy owns South Side Performance here in Sioux Falls, he has unlimited funds, his own toy shop, all wheel dyno, are you getting it yet. He also has two lambos, a twin turbo g35, a skyline, and yellow supra, here is the link to the 1001rwhp, this is another car I have also beat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vmc9thD ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vmc9thDOgU&amp;feature=related)

Jesse I have been doing this sort of thing for over 12 years we know our stuff, Excessive has built some of the fastest small motor cars in the country. It took me just under six seconds to go from 54mph to 160mph acccording to my datalog and if you look closely it was spinning all the way. My idea of traction problems are differnet then yours, my car still goes it just black tracks heavily ,fun but hard to control when its doing it at 160.

I went 9.37 on 24lbs of boost thats the 930 wheel tune, the same one I raced the evo with but I had on my 275/40/17's. instead of my 275/60/15's.

Believe it or not its the TRUTH! Cobra 2 EVO 0

firstonraceday96
06-11-2008, 04:29 AM
^^^^ haha pwnt :supz:

Mufflover
06-11-2008, 08:11 AM
So is the evo from here faster then the one you raced? Those 2 should race.

Ninesecsnake
06-11-2008, 08:41 AM
So is the evo from here faster then the one you raced? Those 2 should race.

Jesse is correct in saying the MR is heavier but I would be willing to bet they are close in power output, but who knows. It really comes down to the driver and how much boost they are willing to push and how big their wallet is.

Mufflover
06-11-2008, 09:02 AM
I see you are from souix falls, do you get over here much? You should race the evo from here cause according to him he is unbeatable from a roll.

StreetSweeper
06-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Muff Digger,

You should just STFU..

You dont have shit, you wont ever have shit, so STFU!

Get back to makeamatch.com and maybe you can find some muff over there.

Ninesecsnake
06-11-2008, 09:52 AM
I see you are from souix falls, do you get over here much? You should race the evo from here cause according to him he is unbeatable from a roll.

I think I can make that happen, I will be around for the Cedar Valley Street Rods race at Tri-State, I say lets do it at the track where its safe, I will even run my radials. I have nothing against racing anybody, there is always someone faster, If Jesse says ok im game also. If its going to be a roll, I am down for that too, but im not racing to 180mph on the street thats just plain stupid. I can tell you right now if were roll racing im going to turn the boost up. I am not out to beat his evo, its an amazing car and I wish I had one, but I do like to win.

TbTalon94
06-11-2008, 09:55 AM
I just want to comment that your attitude is exactly how setting up racing should be. No shit talking, just straight up lay it down and if other party agrees then so be it. Thumbs up to you sir

Mufflover
06-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Muff Digger,

You should just STFU..

You dont have shit, you wont ever have shit, so STFU!

Get back to makeamatch.com and maybe you can find some muff over there.

Why dont you go make another vid of you driving threw another fast food joint slim.

Mufflover
06-11-2008, 11:52 AM
I just want to comment that your attitude is exactly how setting up racing should be. No shit talking, just straight up lay it down and if other party agrees then so be it. Thumbs up to you sir

I agree with you on this but in todays world of buttholes this only happens once in a blue moon.

Jappbox
06-11-2008, 02:46 PM
I agree going to 180 is scary. My log shows 46-180mph in just under 10 seconds, thats with me losing .2 on ever shift and .3 to go into 5th, that was at 820-830whp. I would think us from a roll should be intresting, my car is a 2.0 much better than a 2.3 setup and im alos much lighter then a MR. Its all cool though, your car runs very good. The new Cosworth head they put on would not gain that much power though ive seen tests its a nice peace but not worth the price. I myself have just a stock head with a small port job and have no plans of picking up maybe 5hp on the cosworth head. I do like the charcol gray evo 9 though.

BlownPony306
06-11-2008, 09:31 PM
So do you work for SSP Ryan?

Ninesecsnake
06-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey Chris,
No, a good friend of mine owns Excessive Autosports, that's the shop that did my car. SSP is a new shop in town. what have you been up to?

Urban Legend
06-11-2008, 10:40 PM
I give you this snake, you always have known your shit. And you don't usually talk shit unless someone pisses you off. If I can get some money together, you and I will be racing at Cedar Valley race, or you and Eric. Is Joey coming with you?

BlownPony306
06-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Hey Chris,
No, a good friend of mine owns Excessive Autosports, that's the shop that did my car. SSP is a new shop in town. what have you been up to?

Not too much. Work for Toyota now doing warranty admin. Been thinking about popping the mod cherry on the 07 but there are lack of tuning facilities around here. One of these days I may have to hit you guys up for a turbo job.

Stang5oh93
06-12-2008, 10:51 AM
I think I can make that happen, I will be around for the Cedar Valley Street Rods race at Tri-State

Ryan, is that the August 17th event? I will definitely have to make that event.

BlownPony306
06-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Of course if this rain keeps up I may need to convert it in to a boat.

Ninesecsnake
06-17-2008, 07:37 PM
I think I can make that happen, I will be around for the Cedar Valley Street Rods race at Tri-State

Ryan, is that the August 17th event? I will definitely have to make that event.

Yes it is, its always a good time.

Ninesecsnake
06-18-2008, 12:08 AM
I give you this snake, you always have known your shit. And you don't usually talk shit unless someone pisses you off. If I can get some money together, you and I will be racing at Cedar Valley race, or you and Eric. Is Joey coming with you?

I try to play nice. I think Joey is coming, especially if Eric's car is there. I don't have shit on Erics car, but you and I should be close. How about a race for 5 gallons of C16?

Mufflover
06-18-2008, 08:16 AM
so are u going to re-race the evo again?

Ninesecsnake
06-19-2008, 12:04 AM
so are u going to re-race the evo again?

Only at the track, this sliding around at 150 is fun but eventually the odds say I will lose it, I have worked to hard to let it all end in a street race. If he run even a 9.99 I'll race him again, but not until then.

Urban Legend
06-20-2008, 10:28 PM

I try to play nice. I think Joey is coming, especially if Eric's car is there. I don't have shit on Erics car, but you and I should be close. How about a race for 5 gallons of C16?

You know I don't have any money to race with, I got a family to support.