PDA

View Full Version : I need a shop for subframe connectors

jimmy_beaner
06-08-2008, 09:58 PM
I've had these in my room for a month now. I'm having issues finding a shop that'll install them. Does anyone know of a shop anywhere around Iowa City that'll do it?

DustinsDuster
06-09-2008, 03:47 AM
H&W right off of 380 on the edge of CR will do it for sure.

30lbsboost
06-09-2008, 05:23 AM
if you want to go to marion to get it done, get a hold of me

jimmy_beaner
06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
H&W right off of 380 on the edge of CR will do it for sure.
can I get a phone number? I tried to look it up online, but couldn't find it. About how much will install be?

jimmy_beaner
06-09-2008, 12:11 PM
yeah man, I can see coming up there, it's only 20 minutes. What do you have in mind?

Scott
06-09-2008, 12:30 PM
362-3790 for H+W speed shop

jimmy_beaner
06-09-2008, 01:00 PM
362-3790 for H+W speed shop
thanks, I'll probably go up there TOMORROW to get it done.

30lbsboost
06-09-2008, 07:28 PM
yeah man, I can see coming up there, it's only 20 minutes. What do you have in mind?

I may too late getting back to you , I was out in the shop till about 10mins ago
If you still need help call me at 350-7357

jimmy_beaner
06-10-2008, 08:03 AM

I may too late getting back to you , I was out in the shop till about 10mins ago
might I just say :O you have some nice cars man. What kind of auto work can you do? I will have many more projects coming up. I can do a lot of the easier stuff, but building a rear end is something that is beyond my ability, and it's something I want to do some time in the next year. Eaton Limited Slip Differential with 3.73's and 31 spline Mosers. The install on that is something I would not want to attempt.

30lbsboost
06-10-2008, 08:53 AM
[quote=30lbsboost]if you want to go to marion to get it done, get a hold of me

might I just say :O you have some nice cars man. What kind of auto work can you do? I will have many more projects coming up. I can do a lot of the easier stuff, but building a rear end is something that is beyond my ability, and it's something I want to do some time in the next year. Eaton Limited Slip Differential with 3.73's and 31 spline Mosers. The install on that is something I would not want to attempt.[/quote:eobyqe69]

Hey thanks!
I can do about anything you may need, let me know

jimmy_beaner
06-10-2008, 02:56 PM
[quote=30lbsboost]if you want to go to marion to get it done, get a hold of me

might I just say :O you have some nice cars man. What kind of auto work can you do? I will have many more projects coming up. I can do a lot of the easier stuff, but building a rear end is something that is beyond my ability, and it's something I want to do some time in the next year. Eaton Limited Slip Differential with 3.73's and 31 spline Mosers. The install on that is something I would not want to attempt.

Hey thanks!
I can do about anything you may need, let me know[/quote:29zotnph]
they did them this morning. I'm not sure on your prices or anything like that. Does anyone know where a good place to get cheap shocks and struts is? I need a set for my lowering job. I'd prefer Tokico HP Blues. I know I'll end up ordering them online, but if someone knew a website with awesome prices it would blow my mind.

And thanks man, I'm sure I'll end up seeing you around. I always find myself in CR for something or other.

DustinsDuster
06-10-2008, 03:24 PM
H&W can order you just about anything at good prices as well...

30lbsboost
06-10-2008, 08:00 PM
[quote="jimmy_beaner":12ey6w58][quote=30lbsboost]if you want to go to marion to get it done, get a hold of me

Hey thanks!
I can do about anything you may need, let me know[/quote:12ey6w58]
they did them this morning. I'm not sure on your prices or anything like that. Does anyone know where a good place to get cheap shocks and struts is? I need a set for my lowering job. I'd prefer Tokico HP Blues. I know I'll end up ordering them online, but if someone knew a website with awesome prices it would blow my mind.

And thanks man, I'm sure I'll end up seeing you around. I always find myself in CR for something or other.[/quote:12ey6w58]

Hey no problem man, When you need somthing done just let me know. My work is excellant, basic repair or custom.

ASE Cert tech
GM Cert tech
GM Workhorse chassis Cert tech
GM Mark of Excellance Award winner

Custom Roll cage and chassis fabrication
N20, Turbo, and Supercharger Installation
Engine mangement programing
Ect...etc....etc......!

Fire Hawk
06-10-2008, 08:02 PM

And thanks man, I'm sure I'll end up seeing you around. I always find myself in CR for something or other.

If I may ask how much did they charge to do them? Do they have a drive on rack to do it down there? I didn't see one when I stopped by.

jimmy_beaner
06-10-2008, 10:40 PM

If I may ask how much did they charge to do them? Do they have a drive on rack to do it down there? I didn't see one when I stopped by.
4 point lift, I realize "bad bad me" but $132, but it took longer than it should've. I got the painted ones, and they had to be prepped. I wasn't aware he was going to spray them. If you took off the prep time, it would've been less than 2 hours by a lot. They charge by the hour ($50/hr). The worksmanship looks very good though.

jimmy_beaner
06-10-2008, 10:42 PM
[quote="jimmy_beaner":3przihgn][quote=30lbsboost]if you want to go to marion to get it done, get a hold of me

Hey thanks!

And thanks man, I'm sure I'll end up seeing you around. I always find myself in CR for something or other.[/quote:3przihgn]

Hey no problem man, When you need somthing done just let me know. My work is excellant, basic repair or custom.

ASE Cert tech
GM Cert tech

Ect...etc....etc......![/quote:3przihgn]
that sounds terrific. What price would you throw at me for installing springs, shocks, struts and CC plates? hahaha, I can totally do it, I'm just curious.

What I'm really curious about:
What would the charge be for installing an Eaton Limited Slip Differential with 3.73 gears and Moser 31 spline axles?

30lbsboost
06-11-2008, 05:12 AM
[quote=30lbsboost][quote="jimmy_beaner":5wj7me0i][quote=30lbsboost]if you want to go to marion to get it done, get a hold of me

Hey thanks!

And thanks man, I'm sure I'll end up seeing you around. I always find myself in CR for something or other.[/quote:5wj7me0i]

ASE Cert tech
GM Cert tech

Ect...etc....etc......![/quote:5wj7me0i]
that sounds terrific. What price would you throw at me for installing springs, shocks, struts and CC plates? hahaha, I can totally do it, I'm just curious.

What would the charge be for installing an Eaton Limited Slip Differential with 3.73 gears and Moser 31 spline axles?[/quote:5wj7me0i]

i'll give you the BEST deal! :bigthumb:

call me 350-7357

later,
scott

jimmy_beaner
06-11-2008, 08:58 AM
[quote="jimmy_beaner":y7e1mjew][quote=30lbsboost][quote="jimmy_beaner":y7e1mjew][quote="30lbsboost":y7e1mjew]if you want to go to marion to get it done, get a hold of me

Hey thanks!

And thanks man, I'm sure I'll end up seeing you around. I always find myself in CR for something or other.[/quote:y7e1mjew]

ASE Cert tech
GM Cert tech

Ect...etc....etc......![/quote:y7e1mjew]

What would the charge be for installing an Eaton Limited Slip Differential with 3.73 gears and Moser 31 spline axles?[/quote:y7e1mjew]

i'll give you the BEST deal! :bigthumb:

call me 350-7357

later,
scott[/quote:y7e1mjew]
alright, I'll do so when the shocks and struts come in. Namely just because I'm curious now. The rear end is something I simply won't be able to do, and I have some options already for it, but I'd have to drive 2 hours... but the labor is only gonna cost me a pizza and a 6 pack. :biggrin: