PDA

View Full Version : Story Of My Week

Talon92Fox
05-31-2008, 12:22 PM
So I haven't really posted in quite a while and I had a very "eventful" week that I feel like talking about. Before I start, my tonsils were swollen for a good 6-7 years and were getting infected more times than they should have, so we kept bringing it up to the doctors but kept hearing their bullshit about how they shouldn't be taken out since they deal with your immune system or whatever, so we went to the head & neck surgical center and within 5 minutes of being there I was told they need to come out. So here's the story...

Sunday-Monday: I start have anxiety about the surgery, so Nicole and I get in a pretty big fight, but we won't get into that subject.

Tuesday: Go into Mercy for the surgery, find out that my pre-operation nurse is the Mom of some kids that I used to hang out with back when I was like 5 years old, which was kinda cool. It only took about an HOUR for the doctor and the anesthesiologist to come see me and say whatever they said, so finally they end up taking me back to the room and putting me down with anesthesia. The procedure was supposed to take no longer than 20 minutes, but there were complications. I apparently lost a full liter of blood, which...obviously was alot more than I should have, and no one knew what the reason was, so they gave me blood, and some fresh plasma to get me back to normal and I finally stopped bleeding.

Wednesday: So I had to stay over night Tuesday night and was having severe anxiety since I didn't have a clue what was wrong with me or what was gonna happen. Overall I got more than 10 blood tests that were sent out to get looked at to see why I bled that much, if it was something with my liver or something. That morning they took me back into surgery to get the pads out of my mouth that was keeping it from bleeding and thankfully that went good. I had to stay over that night too to make sure I wasn't going to bleed anymore, and I didn't.

Thursday: Finally I get to go home, I get a total of 5 prescriptions, tylenol with codene being my favorite. :bigthumb:

So thats my story of my fun week! :Hangman:

Drifte
05-31-2008, 03:47 PM
sounds about like my standard doctor visits. go in for a check up next thing i know im in surgery.

good its all over though.

Talon92Fox
06-01-2008, 04:46 PM
I wish it was but not quite. I have three more appointments to go to in the next two weeks. One is to meet with the doctor to let him know how things are going and shit, another is for them to take even more blood out of me for some reason, and another is to meet with some other doctor to see why i bled so much.

:banghead:

biohazard
06-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Story of my week: my girlfriend (Ashlee) broke up with me last night.

DustinsDuster
06-01-2008, 08:06 PM
i got really drunk with a lot of people i didnt know last night. ended up at the Big 10 Inn tavern in Coralville. wrecked that place, stole the pitcher my beer was in, got more beer, drank in a hotel room until 4am. i think ive slept less than 10 hours this entire weekend.

damn it feels good to be a gangster.

Ashley
06-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Story of my week: I just got home from the Mercy Emergency Room because I was at work on my meal break and my throat started to swell and then I started throwing up really bad with a little blood in the vomit. Definitely an AWESOME day today.

ZacFields
06-01-2008, 09:13 PM
^ Suck it up.

:)

69gt4speed
06-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Story of my week: I just got home from the Mercy Emergency Room because I was at work on my meal break and my throat started to swell and then I started throwing up really bad with a little blood in the vomit. Definitely an AWESOME day today.
Anita was there too for her appendix. Got out today. No cancer. And yo Zac I know u are kidding. Good luck.
Let's see some hp mustang guys didn't show, worked sucked, hospital deal and the dog is hurt. The good, Adam came by.. And not working this week.