PDA

View Full Version : Layed it down....in to a wall

Ricky
05-07-2008, 10:57 PM
heading to Kirkwood from cedar rapids and took the Kirkwood exit. headed around the corner and when i hit the bridge i went high and just too it easy around the corner cuz i JUST got brand new tires on. as i was in the bridge leaning around the cornet i hit some sand up top and it was game over. front wheel slid out from under me and i hit the pavement HARD at about 75mph and slid down the road. bike hit the cement guard rail and bounced back and hit me while i was sliding. i continued to slid down the road on my back till i hit the other wall. when i feel i hit my head and took a little chunk out of my helmet so i need a new one of those. my friend was behind me and was trying not to run me over with his car. stopped about 5 to 10 feet from me. i hopped up dusted myself off and picked up my bike, checked it out and started it. wouldn't start at first but i tried 3 more times and it started right up. i hopped on and continued to Kirkwood where i met up with 2 other guys with bikes. i put some bandages on and then hoped back on the bike and went for a hour ride with other guys. I drove it home after that and went to work at 3:30. this all happened about 1p.m.

pics will come

P.S. helmets save lives.

DustinsDuster
05-08-2008, 03:39 AM
has anyone seen Deathproof? "(hops up)I'M OK!"

Ricky
05-08-2008, 07:10 AM
next morning o man i hurt. :(

RandomHero
05-08-2008, 07:25 AM
wow you made it out luckier than most. good thing your ok Eric. Bikes can fuck peoples lives up. I would know this.

ZacFields
05-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Tough break Ricky. Is the bike going to need any repair or is it just a few scuffs?

JustinS
05-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Shitty sand on the roads, glad you are in one piece man. Lets see some pics of the damage.

ZacFields
05-08-2008, 07:34 AM
My next question is: Who taught you to take corners at 75mph? It wasnt me. :HEYYOU:

RWSZ71
05-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Ouch, never good to hear about accidents, at least you didn't get hurt too bad. Two types of cyclists, those who have wrecked and those who are going to wreck, hopefully you got that outta the way now.

slobalt
05-08-2008, 08:23 AM
glad to hear your ok. Thats one thing I've noticed here lately, where are all the street sweepers to get rid of all the sand?

Ricky
05-08-2008, 10:14 AM
i was gong 75 cuz i just took an exit. i wasn't even messing around. bike is fine and doesnt need any work. i think im taking it to work today :) but road rash hurts a wee bit. im good the bike is good i just scrached it a little bit. i have already cleaned it up so it looks better.

ZacFields
05-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Yah gotta keep it slow on those curves especially this early in the season with sand still on the roads.

Mistakes are good things as long as you learn from them. I have a feeling you won't make that same mistake again. lol :)

Good thing about those bikes is that they're all plastic (fiberglass in your case) and when you put those down they're usually okay other than the scratches. If I laid my cruiser down the damage would be unbearable. 500 pounds sliding across the ground will do some damage.

Drifte
05-13-2008, 05:08 PM
^ carbon fiber in his case...surprised its not in worse shape.

ZacFields
05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Yeah carbon fiber. My bad. I get the two mixed up from time to time.

I'd like to see some photos of the damage!

Drifte
05-14-2008, 02:13 PM
I saw one, I wanted to slap him. later i did, right on the road rash.

Ricky
05-14-2008, 11:47 PM
i wanted to slap myself when i did it. hope i dont do that again next time i doubt i will come out that good. i slaped a banaid on the bike and called it good for now