PDA

View Full Version : What is Faster...4link or ladder bar cars????

30lbsboost
05-06-2008, 02:43 PM
What do you guys think is faster.........
4 link or ladder bar suspension cars???

Scott
05-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Just depends on how much you want to mess with it, 4 link definetly has a huge advantage over the ladder bars, but its very easy to tune yourself out and make it worse. Ladder bars are very simple, get the right length ladder bar and put a adjustable crossmember in and go race.. If your looking for every last hundreths of a second go with a 4 link and a good adjustable antiroll bar..

30lbsboost
05-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Just depends on how much you want to mess with it, 4 link definetly has a huge advantage over the ladder bars, but its very easy to tune yourself out and make it worse. Ladder bars are very simple, get the right length ladder bar and put a adjustable crossmember in and go race.. If your looking for every last hundreths of a second go with a 4 link and a good adjustable antiroll bar..

yea, I think your right on track with that. I feel that ladder bars are easy to adjust, makeing a much faster setup in most cases. Thats why I did not go 4 link, cause there is already f-body guys running 7.57et's on stock style
some classes consider stock style the same as ladder bars.

What does your car have?

DustinsDuster
05-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Scotty's car has ladder bars. personally, i'm sticking with leafsprings. i like the idea of the suspension having a little give and living longer on the street. just havent decided if i am going to stick with S/S leafs or go with Monoleafs yet...

Scott
05-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Some people I have talked to that had ladder bars and switched to 4 links said they wouldnt even think of going back. They have software out now that if you measure all your attachment points and scale the car, it will give you instant center options, your neutral line and antisquat. If you do some reading up on chassis set-up books it will give you a pretty good idea for a baseline setup. I dont have any first hand experience with 4 links but I would like to try one, I have ladder bars on my car and they took VERY little adjustment to get them to work "decent", mainly ride height and shock dampeneing.

30lbsboost
05-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Some people I have talked to that had ladder bars and switched to 4 links said they wouldnt even think of going back. They have software out now that if you measure all your attachment points and scale the car, it will give you instant center options, your neutral line and antisquat. If you do some reading up on chassis set-up books it will give you a pretty good idea for a baseline setup. I dont have any first hand experience with 4 links but I would like to try one, I have ladder bars on my car and they took VERY little adjustment to get them to work "decent", mainly ride height and shock dampeneing.

yea, you guys should stop by the house in a couple of weeks..."BIG THINGS" happening on the Camaro the last few days.

question...does the Twins Elcameno have a 4 link??

I know Eric's Mustang is fast as hell on ladder bars

Scott
05-08-2008, 07:08 AM
I really dont know what suspension is under chris's car, not much info floating around on it that I have seen. You can go fast with almost any suspension, like you said there is many mid 7 second cars "camaro's and mustang's" using stock suspension points, but I would find it very hard to believe that those cars wouldnt be a hell of a lot faster with a 4 link in it. I would suggest picking a class that you might be racing in and set the car up for that, ever since I put the ladder bars on my car I have been wanting to change it back to stock suspension points because it limits the class's you can race in. After a few years of test and tunes it starts to get a little old and you might want to try some actual racing. IMO

90 notch
05-08-2008, 07:55 AM
It's a 4-link.Stock suspension,10.5 tire classes are the rage these days and that is what most of the classes seem to be running.......Steve o

30lbsboost
05-08-2008, 05:38 PM
It's a 4-link.Stock suspension,10.5 tire classes are the rage these days and that is what most of the classes seem to be running.......Steve o

is your car a 10.5 or a big tire car??