PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Fiero (LQ1 swapped)

sLoWnStEaDy
04-15-2008, 04:43 PM
details can be seen here:

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1181408/ ... Fiero.html (http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1181408/3.4L-DOHC-Pontiac-Fiero.html)

Feel free to give me a call if you want to see it or have any questions. I have about $7K into the car. Timing needs re-done (non interferance engine, i did it at like 4am...)
Still needs a bit of work obviously but nothing major and i would be willing to provide any info you need to finish it up

Emergency room visit + no insurance = loss of toys to pay bills

Stutz
05-27-2008, 01:42 AM
You still looking to get rid of this? trade for my 84 s10?

sLoWnStEaDy
06-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Still got it... Still thinking about getting rid of it but i don't know about teh S10 thing...

Shoot me a bunch of details/pics and i will look it over....

Stutz
06-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I can get pics tomorrow

reg cab
reg box
has newer blue paint job (was orginialy blue also) they put some gay pinstripes and graphics on the side, i have used rubbing compound and got some of it off but there is still alot left i always planned on just putting it in primer anyway.
paint bubbling here and there
350 out of 70s corvette i believe? i can double check i know its not a truck block
cam (unknown specs sounded pretty heathly last time it ran)
flat top pistons
882 heads 76cc (aftermarket heads would really help)
weiland single plane intake
griffin aluminum radiator
electric fan
tranny cooler
th350 trans
unknown stall
brand new autolite plugs and accel wires
shorty headers into true dual exhaust with mufflers
fiberglass roll pan
ghetto fantastic chrome grill
theres more i cant think of off the top of my head, i can throw in a edelbrock 600cfm electric choke carb but it could use a bigger one anyway and i already put it on my caprice, also the crager supersport rims it came with are on teh caprice. it could come with those or some crager keystones i have. Would make a fun little drag truck or cruiser but i got moved to second shift so i dont have time to work on it, plus even if i did i work friday nights and most saturdays so i couldnt even take it to the track to race it. A local guy is offering me $1800 but i havent seen any money kinda doubt he will follow through with it, i know there is a way rusted out s10 with a 305/th350 in kalona and they want $2000.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Shoot me some pics keithschutte@aol.com

Sounds like i may be interested If i could slap the rims form the fiero onto it... or just keep the fiero rims... LMK

Stutz
06-14-2008, 12:17 AM
I been holding off on pics cause this computer at my rents is soooooooo slow but it looks like i wont be going back to coralville anytime soon so i will try to take some tomorrow before work. Also your rims would be 5x114.3 or 5x115 which would not fit the s10 but if u put a ford rear end on it you could get two of them to fit, i know of a 8.8 lsd disc brake rear end for cheap at a yard too. You could keep the rims anyway. Too bad its not a L67 in there i have always hated the 3.4 dohc with a passion.

sLoWnStEaDy
06-14-2008, 01:02 PM
I never liked the 3800SC to be 100% honest. Plus the 3.4L DOHC makes pretty much the same power N/A as the 3800SC. Matt Hawkins is running a "stock" 3.4L DOHC on 13psi and making over 450RWHP. The engine that is in teh car has ported/polished heads and intakes as well as gasket matched exhaust manifolds and nice 2.5" exhaust. I would guess the power to be up to around 250 or so from the stock 210, others guess higher but IDK. I just can't seem to get the fucking timing down, i probably could no problem if i throw the new cam gears on it so i don't have to drop the whole rear cradle every time i wanna mess with it but...

I was just over and the bastard wouldn't start. back fired out the exhaust so i am pretty sure it is the timing still. It really isn't hard to do if you don't try it at 4am when you have been drinking since 9pm the night before, i always want to work on shit when i am drunk which is REALLY not a good thing to do. The wiring harness got checked over again by the person who built it, he actualy put the harness on his DOHC fiero and it started up and ran perfect so it is FOR SURE an engine/timing issue.

derek072887
06-14-2008, 05:06 PM
how much would u want for the car if u got it running? and what stage of the paint process is the car in? does it still look like the pics on the link u gave earlier?

sLoWnStEaDy
06-14-2008, 05:11 PM
OOPS... I was talkin to you about the RX7 for your friend so that is where my mind was....

derek072887
06-14-2008, 05:21 PM
i meant the fiero. not the rx7

sLoWnStEaDy
06-14-2008, 07:25 PM
PM'd

sLoWnStEaDy
06-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Got another stereo build on my hands but a MUCH LARGER one so BUMP!

without rims $1000
with rims $1600

Turbo, W.G., and B.O.V. can be added for $250....