PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Nissan GT-R

Talon92Fox
03-18-2008, 10:43 AM
This may be a double post but I can't help but make conversation about this car. 2009 is the first year the Nissan [Skyline] GT-R is produced in the United States. Too bad they're only making around 1,500 of them but hopefully they get continued. One rumor I heard that isn't listed in the pamphlet or on Nissan's website, is that a handful of the cars made will have nitrous hook-ups in the engine bay, don't quote me on it. Here's some quick facts of the car...

Engine
VR38 twin turbocharged, 3.8 liter plasma-sprayed bore V6
480hp/433tq

Drivetrain
ATTESA E-TS All-Wheel Drive system with a rear-mounted transacle integrating transmission, differential, and AWD transfer case. Carbon-composit main drive shaft. 1.5-way-high-performance mechanical limited-slip differential

Suspension & Brakes
4-wheel independent suspension with Bilstein Damptronic system with three driver-selectable modes
15" Brembo full floating drilled rotors with diamond-pattern internal ventilation. 6-piston (front) and 4-piston (rear) calipers.

Wheels & Tires
20" x 9.5" (front and 20" x 10.5" forged lightweight alloy wheels. Exclusively developed nitrogen-filled Bridgestone high-capacity run-flat summer tires, 255/40R20 (front) and 285/35R20 (rear).

Body & Chassis
Exclusive Premium Midship platform with jig-welded unibody. Carbon-reinforced front crossmember/radiator support

Paint & Fabric
Body color options are Black Obsidian (my personal favorite), Gun Metallic, Ivory Pearl, Titanium, Solid Red, Super Silver.
Fabric color options are Black Leather and Gray Leather

http://www.nissanUSA.com/
http://www.gtrnissan.com/?Site=nissanusa&Area=GT-R_Home

ZEE
03-18-2008, 09:11 PM
For the same price I think I would rather have the ZO6.

Talon92Fox
03-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Personally, I think differently. I love the feel of AWD in an imported car, plus since this car is made in the U.S.A. it isn't technically imported, so it's the best of both worlds to me, people might have different opinions on this but I see it as the perfect "import" as it having AWD, over 400hp, advanced technology in the interior, and even in the tires. (run-flats) So to sum up the rant, with how less expensive the Z06 is, which I would always take in a heartbeat, I'd just rather take a car more around my personality, being the Nissan GT-R, retailing around $85k or so, but to me it'd be worth it. Many people will attempt to prove me wrong but I'll stick to my view.

96-eclipse-gst
03-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Fox how many imported awd cars have you ridden in? Run flats, are you kidding me. I hate run flats, its a nice idea. Yet hardly any company uses it. I know some people will say no they aren't a dead technology. Most car manufacturers have actually vowed not to use them. Too many tire companies across the nation, don't even care to buy the equipment to change pax tires. Sorry just had to rant and bug on you bud.

Not to mention, most "imported" cars are made here in america. Does that mean they are not considered an import. Sorry, still an import.

s13kid
03-18-2008, 11:57 PM
I highly doubt they are having nitrous hook ups in any of the cars, unless they for some reason offered a car with nitrous. Which they wont. The GTR will be a beast, they are expensive yah, but on a track I hear it will hold its ground, Im no GTR fanatic so dont quote me. Either way, you will most likely only see one if you go to a Track day somewhere.

TbTalon94
03-19-2008, 07:57 AM
They're all over in Tokyo! They look pretty neat with the right wheel combo. I agree that the run-flats are stupid.

Honestly...I'd rather have a new C6 Z06, or a 93-98 Supra :)

Drifte
03-19-2008, 11:20 AM
run flats are a no no. ever pick one up? heaviest hunk of rubber i've ever moved. Love the car tho. ill take 2.

DustinsDuster
03-19-2008, 04:17 PM
id take a new challenger and twin turbo it for that much money...

amoander
03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
If we were talking a stock vs stock comparison or minimal modifications the GT-R is the way to go, dial up the boost and AWD are killer. Now if we are talking total money, screw all of them ill build a car based off a mustang, corvette, or Factory Five chassis.

ZEE
03-19-2008, 06:44 PM
The Vettes I think have run-flats. Usually that's the first thing that gets changed.