PDA

View Full Version : Gatherings

ZacFields
03-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Other than the picnic, what types of gatherings would you guys suggest? Dinners come to mind, but people don't usually want to do that very often because it can be expensive. Let's try to think of things that are free or very cheap to do.

JustinS
03-16-2008, 09:00 PM
IAF meets at:

autocross events
drag events at cfr
group ride for motorcycles

the list could go on and on. There's also drinking, everyone loves drinking.

DustinsDuster
03-16-2008, 09:55 PM
There's also drinking, everyone loves drinking.

sign me up.

TbTalon94
03-17-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm down for pretty much anything. The track meets are always good, but not everyone on IAF has something to race.

We could also have our own "advanced auto" meets so long as we find a location to do it. That way everyone can get together and just hang out. Don't necessarily need food/drinks. People can bring what they want.

slobalt
03-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Y'all could have those weekly meets at the "advance auto" then once a month find some eatery to populate. I don't know what the laws are governing loitering but I'm sure if the local authorities and business owners are aware of the meets and let them know that the meets are not just a bunch of kids getting rowdy some businesses wouldn't mind haveing some nice cars parked out front, or nearby on display.

Drifte
03-23-2008, 07:48 PM
yea, im pretty much in for anything. i can hang out for a long time in a parking lot. Of course, as long as companies know were a BUSINESS, were probably a shoe in. professionalism goes a long way.

AllAmericanMuscleChick
03-27-2008, 07:44 PM
People should start calling around now before the warm season hits and asking if we can occupy some space and if any one gets anything then we can post them all and take some polls on which location would be better.

biohazard
03-27-2008, 09:04 PM
If I may make a suggestion. Since (hopefully) the visitors and members of our site are growing (numbers and area wise), maybe designate a few people in each area set up little gatherings ('official' IAF gatherings). It would look good for us to be organized and I'm sure businesses would like it more if we gathered when we show that we have 1 or 2 responsible people that they a) could get ahold of if there is trouble with them being there or b) thank them for being organized and inviting them back. I don't know, it's just an idea and I would appreciate some feedback.