PDA

View Full Version : Car Shows - How?

ZacFields
03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
I liked my idea of posting the "Who, what, when, where" of car shows in Iowa. Does anyone know how we can get this information? That would be my biggest issue with this. I want to be able to do this, but I can't be spending hours every day scouring the web looking for more car shows.

slobalt
03-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Maybe you shouldn't try to get all car shows but a select few local shows that IAF can particpate and let others know about the site. Invite members to bring their cars for display with IAF parfinalia and website address. If you get the Car of the Month going again ask one of the winners to show up and display an "IAF Car of the Month" with their display.

If nothing els an "Events and Gathering" place on the site. I think you had one on CR:U can't remember though. Let members post what going on.

ZEE
03-19-2008, 06:35 PM
If you had an events section in the forum people could post the car show and events upcoming that they know of. There's usually 3 or 4 local car shows I usually participate in during the summer and I get stuff by mail from them. Not to mention a car full of flyers for other car shows that get thrown in during a car show.

96-eclipse-gst
03-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Flyers can get expensive, especially with IAF's view of budgeting. We are already strapping for our picnic(s). Best thing to do, send out a massive email. (Didn't we use to have newsletters) Then possible we could print out a few notices to hang up in Advance, H&W, etc. That way, we can keep the price down. Also create a post for the shows (of course)

Yay.....Nay?

DustinsDuster
03-22-2008, 11:40 AM
we could always post about it on other car websites as well in events sections and what not. i dont see why it would be a problem.

Stutz
03-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah we could always just post it up on other forums. either have our own shows or just our own section at advance or wherever

McKeever
03-22-2008, 06:16 PM
I kinda think it would be cool if IAF hosted its own car show. That way you could do some fundraising, get a little advertisement, and that would also give everyone a chance to hang out. It would definitely be a lot of work for whoever is coordinating, but you would also be hitting a lot of birds with that one stone.

ZacFields
03-22-2008, 08:20 PM
I kinda think it would be cool if IAF hosted its own car show. That way you could do some fundraising, get a little advertisement, and that would also give everyone a chance to hang out. It would definitely be a lot of work for whoever is coordinating, but you would also be hitting a lot of birds with that one stone.

Yeah, I could rustle up some fliers and such. We could put pictures of the best cars on the portal page. Just have them rotating through and such. That might entice people to come.

AllAmericanMuscleChick
03-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Flyers can get expensive, especially with IAF's view of budgeting. We are already strapping for our picnic(s). Best thing to do, send out a massive email. (Didn't we use to have newsletters) Then possible we could print out a few notices to hang up in Advance, H&W, etc. That way, we can keep the price down. Also create a post for the shows (of course)

Yay.....Nay?

IAF Females (and males if interested) could volunteer to get together and make flyers... that way it wouldn't take away from IAFs budget but we'd still be getting the word out!!

Ashley
03-26-2008, 11:13 PM
quick problem.. i think you and i are the only females that actually still get on the site. :)

DustinsDuster
03-27-2008, 03:54 AM
you know how Mel likes to keep herself busy; if we let her know she might be down to help out...

Drifte
03-27-2008, 09:07 AM
I made some flyers last year. Just didnt use em, I screen printed them. they were badass 2 color screen prints. I dont have access to that equipment this year. But could easily use the same design...if we want.

AllAmericanMuscleChick
03-27-2008, 07:31 PM
quick problem.. i think you and i are the only females that actually still get on the site. :)

Well damn it all to hell... :yawinkle:

Ricky
03-27-2008, 11:06 PM
lets get some whores!

Drifte
03-28-2008, 11:34 AM
dirty girls for life.

DustinsDuster
03-29-2008, 10:10 AM
DGL......

ZEE
03-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Flyer- http://campcourageous.org/Events/Cruisi ... in2008.pdf (http://campcourageous.org/Events/Cruisin/Cruisin2008.pdf)

http://campcourageous.org/Events/Cruisin/index.html

This would also be a good way to promote the web site since you can list your car club affiliation on the car. Maybe lay a IAF shirt on the seat in the car etc. You need to advertise your web site. What better way than where car enthusiasts hang out. We (EIFBA) would pick up members this way sometimes. This show is one of the largest car shows in Iowa.