PDA

View Full Version : Quick-Reply Box

ZacFields
03-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Dustin mentioned the quick-reply box in another topic.

I am sure that this mod has been validated by PHPBB already. I will look into this when I get home. This should add to "server efficiency" because it will remove a page that users have to go to because they can just respond on the same page as the discussion. This will lower the use of server resources.

Estimated ETA for this project is by the end of tonight (Sunday/early Monday morning)

Drifte
03-16-2008, 06:19 PM
sweet my favorite option.

JustinS
03-16-2008, 08:12 PM
I have dearly missed the quick reply box.

ZacFields
03-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Well PHPBB validated this MOD right after they finished developing PHPBB 3.0, but the reason I hadn't added it yet was because when I looked at the discussion about the MOD, a lot of people were having trouble with it at first.

I'm being very careful about what MODs I add this time around. I don't want to add any mods that aren't yet validated by PHPBB. They only validate MODs that don't pose security risks to your website and *usually* only validate MODs that are complete and in working order.

Looks like the bugs have been worked out of it now. When I get home tonight (around midnight) I'll go ahead and add this.

DustinsDuster
03-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Dustin asks and recieves, i love it. thanks Zac!

ZacFields
03-17-2008, 02:03 AM
Yup, ask and ye shall receive.

It's even better than it was before, now you just hit the "quick reply" button and the box instantly pops up.

DustinsDuster
03-17-2008, 03:54 AM
yeeeaaahhhhhh son! i am diggin it. streamlining the process, running more efficiantly!

biohazard
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Other than the font on the button is off a bit, it works like magic. Good job :) It was one thing that bothered me, I am used to hitting Quick Reply.

ZacFields
03-17-2008, 04:54 PM
The font will be fixed shortly. I need to find out what font was being used originally because my computer apparently does not have that font.

Nice eye!

Drifte
03-17-2008, 05:29 PM
looks like a font I have (yea of course but which one). I can search, but I imagine you have it on file somwehere. Shouldnt it be hardcoded in the html what font it was?

ZacFields
03-17-2008, 06:24 PM
colton, I can send you the .psd file for the buttons. If you have the font, all you'll have to do is click on the button (it'll say "Post Reply") and change the text.

I'll load that up when I get home tonight for you to fiddle with.

DustinsDuster
03-20-2008, 03:50 AM
i know this is kindof trivial; but could by chance switch the "submit" and "preview" buttons around? im so used to hitting tab twice and then enter and i keep going to preview; thus negating the need for a quick reply.

if not, i can deal; just thought i'd ask.

96-eclipse-gst
03-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Now Dustin, your starting to get a little whiny. One thing at a time man. First the quick reply box, then in maybe a month you can ask for something else. Jeez. Jk man.

ZacFields
03-21-2008, 11:42 PM
LoL Andrew.

I suppose I could probably switch them around. I think the script for the quick reply automatically goes to the submit button after you hit tab. If you watch, it touches the preview button for a millisecond before landing on submit.