PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre retires after 17 years

Talon92Fox
03-04-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8070597b&template=with-video&confirm=true)

amoander
03-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Many peopel wil be rejoicing and many crying in packer territory.. Hell of a career

ZacFields
03-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Just like I said in the Dallas Cowboys forum, I've gotta give props to my fellow Mississippi boy Brett Favre (MS is where I'm from). I've been a fan of his ever since I was a little kid living in Columbus Mississippi.

He had a hell of a career, and he gets to retire knowing good and well that he could have played another 5 years or more if he really wanted to. He's a good man.

Talon92Fox
03-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah I've been a big fan of him since my childhood too, there isn't really a bad part about him. He broke nearly every record in Green Bay Packers history. I thought he was going to stay in for at least two more years but I guess it's his time and he feels that it's right. Nicole and I have been wondering if he would ever actually become a head/assistant coach, both of us could picture him being a coach of some sort or an offensive coordinator. My final statement is......at least Aaron Rodgers is better than Rex Grossman! :neener:

DustinsDuster
03-04-2008, 01:55 PM
you never know, he might start playing baseball for the Milwaukee Brewers and then decide to come back to the NFL for a couple years....

foxsgurl
03-04-2008, 10:53 PM
We've discussed Rex Grossman. I think that Brian Urlacher needs to just run him over and fuck his knee up so bad. HES A FUCKING DISGRACE FOR THE BEARS!! Its about damn time anyway that Favre retired. I knew that it would be his last season because I dont think that he would have wanted to go out crappy style. He wanted 1 good season before he said goodbye and almost getting to the super bowl...i think that is pretty good seeing how bad they were last year. There was no way Farve was gonna leave on a bad note. And i can almost bet on it that he is gonna coach some team. Im thinking he might start up at college and then get to the top. I think that it would be super cool if the packers did ask him to be an offensive coach or even work with the newer quarterbacks. The guy that they had as secondary was pretty good...just needed some tweaking. Hes a good guy but i think that he was getting a little too old for football. Sorry..not being a bitch just stating my point