PDA

View Full Version : Dustin gets a new job!

DustinsDuster
03-03-2008, 06:54 PM
back in December i applied at Pepsi America. after having an interview, i got a letter in the mail saying that they didn't need me right now, but would keep my name in the pool of drivers, and would call me if another spot opened up. i took this as a big jerk around, and thought nothing more about the job.

well just last week, they called me and asked if i could come back in for another interview. we were doing inventory at my work last week, and i knew i couldnt even get out of work to give my grandparents a ride to the airport, so getting to pepsi was not an option. they said i could come in Monday morning, and i skeptically(is that a word?) accepted.

i didnt really expect much out of the whole deal; given the previous interview, but i went in anyway. i got there to find that they had a written application waiting for me. long story short, they offered me a a job driving a route on the north side of Cedar Rapids, delivering cases of soda syrup to restaurants. he told me there's potential to get between 55-60 hours of work if i want, and i'll be making a LOT more than i am currently.

whats even better is that Pepsi will pay for my CDL class A driving test, and even my physical. all i have to do is pay to take the written CDL test so i can get a learner's permit (about $5), and buy a pair of comfortable black boots.

needless to say, i am pretty excited. considering the fact that i can get by with bills fine right now, the added income will hopefully really help me out with getting more work on my cars done.

my fingers are crossed, wish me luck...

sLoWnStEaDy
03-03-2008, 07:06 PM
GOOD LUCK!!

amoander
03-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Sounds Freakn Sweet. Now do we get any of the "damaged" products that you can't sell to consumers. I know these products exists lol.

DustinsDuster
03-03-2008, 08:09 PM
i'll let you know in a few weeks. another thing im pretty psyched about; now i have a VERY good reason not to race in the streets. lets hope my conscience can keep my body on that side of that decision...

ZEE
03-03-2008, 08:12 PM
i'll let you know in a few weeks. another thing im pretty psyched about; now i have a VERY good reason not to race in the streets. lets hope my conscience can keep my body on that side of that decision...

Doesn't help. I still drive in ways that are detrimental to my CDL. I am more aware about the drinking part however. DUI's make that CDL disappear fast.

Drifte
03-03-2008, 09:06 PM
dang.
but good luck. I knew a guy who worked for pepsi who was trying to get me to work their in CR a couple years back. I guess he should have mentioned the PAY to me. I also figured the goofy hat and short shorts were mandatory...but I kinda doubt that now.

biohazard
03-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Cool Dustin, good luck with that.

Ashley
03-03-2008, 09:13 PM
good luck! that'd be a fun job. the pepsi guys who delivered to QT when zac and i worked there always seemed to enjoy their job. or at least enjoy the money. :)

DustinsDuster
03-03-2008, 11:38 PM

Doesn't help. I still drive in ways that are detrimental to my CDL. I am more aware about the drinking part however. DUI's make that CDL disappear fast.

yeah, im pretty sure the schedule(day starts at 5am) will cut weekday drinking pretty much completely out of my life, and i am hoping the money will provide more than enough to buy me a cab home every time...

DustinsDuster
03-03-2008, 11:58 PM
ZEE! i just had a great idea. every time i need a ride home from the bar, i should just call Wally, have him come get me, and buy him some Panchero's or something; he's always up around then and i KNOW he isnt drinking...

Scott
03-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Pretty cool Dustin, ever since I got my NHRA license I havent raced my car on the street. Just need a little incentive I guess