PDA

View Full Version : My Bike

Ricky
03-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Picked it up last night. I cant wait till the snow and sand is gone so i can ride this hog.

Drifte
03-03-2008, 12:12 PM
yee haw

TbTalon94
03-03-2008, 12:46 PM
hey sweet now you have something you can race me with :yawinkle:

i like the CF

RWSZ71
03-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Great looking bike, carbon fiber and black look wicked! Is it an R6S?

ZacFields
03-03-2008, 01:36 PM
It's so UGLY!!!!!!!!!

j/k bro. We're going to put a lot of miles on our bike this summer. I hope you're ready for it. Start thinking of places you want to go and places you want to cruise. I'm down for anything.

TURBOWHT
03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Where did you pick it up at?

RandomHero
03-03-2008, 04:07 PM

i like the CF
you will lose :butthead: you cant beat a bike

DustinsDuster
03-03-2008, 05:13 PM
x3 on the CF; looks mean...

TbTalon94
03-03-2008, 07:59 PM

i like the CF

shush mathew, you have no idea.

Ricky
03-03-2008, 10:38 PM
picked up up in Palo.

JustinS
03-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Nice lookin' bike. We're going to have to have a IAF ride when it gets nice out. :bigthumb:

Ricky
03-04-2008, 10:15 AM

i like the CF

shush mathew, you have no idea.

didnt buy the bike to race people, just to cruse but if trevor want his ass handed to him ill see what i can do.

JustinS
03-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Have you, or are you going to take the MSF course?

Drifte
03-04-2008, 11:21 AM
He and I and matt will be taking it in April. Even though I dont even plan to buy a bike this year.

JustinS
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Ha, have fun guys. Do you know who your instructor will be? You'll have to tell me which weekend, I might be in town and can swing by to see how all of you are doing.

Ricky
03-04-2008, 01:12 PM
April 25th through the 27th and i forget the instructor's name.

RWSZ71
03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
In all honesty for the price of the class you could just get a permit and ride with someone with a license until you feel comfortable taking the test, that's what I did and I have no regrets, just my .02

JustinS
03-04-2008, 05:55 PM
In relation to the cost of most bikes the class is cheap. Taking the class is fun as hell and some of the instructors are a hoot. I learned a bunch of stuff in the class that wasn't in any manual, but rather it came straight from the prof.

Drifte
03-04-2008, 07:44 PM
In all honesty for the price of the class you could just get a permit and ride with someone with a license until you feel comfortable taking the test, that's what I did and I have no regrets, just my .02
I feel comfortable taking the test 5 years ago. Im doing it for the fun, the lower insurance rate, to learn something new. Whats better than learning from your mistakes?...learning from your teachers so you dont have to.

RWSZ71
03-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Well that's cool, I see what you are saying. In retrospect I come off as sounding like a jerk, for that I apologize, In all honesty my hospital bill was probly more than that class :banghead: . Either way good luck to y'all and I'll probly see some of you on two wheels if this damn snow ever goes away.

JustinS
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Nothing wrong with stating your opinion. I didn't take it as you sounding like a jerk, fwiw.

Ricky
03-04-2008, 10:46 PM
i talked to a guy at work that has been riding for about 20 years and he took the class last year and told me he learned a lot of helpful stuff from the class. He told me its worth taking and its fun.

O and i will have my permit before the class so i can ride before the class. :)

Domestic Disturbance
03-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Badass bike. I wish I could afford an r6, or maybe even a tl 1000. I've always like yamaha's more though.

Ricky
03-05-2008, 08:41 AM
yeah it was a good chunk of change but i got a hell of a deal on it and i plan on keeping it for awhile. :) i really cant wait to ride but i just looked out side and it started snowing again :(

ZacFields
03-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Almost everyone I know has taken the MSF course. If you get on a bike forum (at least the one that I'm on) they will practically chastise you if you say you aren't going to take the MSF course. They swear by it so much that a lot of guys have the MSF logo on their avatars and in their signatures.

I got my permit and started riding with my Dad for about a month before I took the MSF course. Granted, I had a really good head start on everyone else in my class, I still learned a ton of things that I didn't know already.

I think the most beneficial thing that I learned was all the "hazard" training they give you. How to ride over a large bump in the road, what to do if your front wheel locks up, what to do if your rear wheel locks up, etc etc.

There are some things that are nearly useless, but fun to try nonetheless. Like the figure 8 inside a big box that they have painted into the pavement. You're supposed to do a figure 8 inside that box without going out of the lines and without putting your feet down. I thought that was pretty dumb because unless I'm driving on hot lava, I could put my feet down and get turned around a lot faster and there'd be no harm in it.

Needless to say I couldn't do the figure 8 thing... nor could 75% of my class. lol.

But there's the old saying that I've heard from a lot of people about how there's 2 types of motorcycle riders, the ones who have crashed and the ones who will crash soon. But the only people that have ever told that to me have been the ones who have crashed. Get on a bike forum and ask around, there are people that have been riding for 10 or 15 years that have never crashed. It is definitely avoidable if you're armed with the right information. Outside of someone crashing into you, that is.

Ricky
03-05-2008, 11:14 AM
SHAW SHAW!

JustinS
03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Needless to say I couldn't do the figure 8 thing... nor could 75% of my class. lol.

Oooo, ooooo I did! :butthead:

Were you on the 250 cruiser or 125 enduro Zac?

To those of you taking the class ride the 125, it may be old and ugly but it makes the tests sooooo much easier.

Drifte
03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Almost everyone I know has taken the MSF course. If you get on a bike forum (at least the one that I'm on) they will practically chastise you if you say you aren't going to take the MSF course. They swear by it so much that a lot of guys have the MSF logo on their avatars and in their signatures.

I got my permit and started riding with my Dad for about a month before I took the MSF course. Granted, I had a really good head start on everyone else in my class, I still learned a ton of things that I didn't know already.

I think the most beneficial thing that I learned was all the "hazard" training they give you. How to ride over a large bump in the road, what to do if your front wheel locks up, what to do if your rear wheel locks up, etc etc.

There are some things that are nearly useless, but fun to try nonetheless. Like the figure 8 inside a big box that they have painted into the pavement. You're supposed to do a figure 8 inside that box without going out of the lines and without putting your feet down. I thought that was pretty dumb because unless I'm driving on hot lava, I could put my feet down and get turned around a lot faster and there'd be no harm in it.

But there's the old saying that I've heard from a lot of people about how there's 2 types of motorcycle riders, the ones who have crashed and the ones who will crash soon. But the only people that have ever told that to me have been the ones who have crashed. Get on a bike forum and ask around, there are people that have been riding for 10 or 15 years that have never crashed. It is definitely avoidable if you're armed with the right information. Outside of someone crashing into you, that is.

So many of those things you learn just by spending a day on a dirtbike doing what you see on tv :) haha

Drifte
03-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Well that's cool, I see what you are saying. In retrospect I come off as sounding like a jerk, for that I apologize, In all honesty my hospital bill was probly more than that class :banghead: . Either way good luck to y'all and I'll probly see some of you on two wheels if this damn snow ever goes away.

its cool, maybe we'll see ya around. Just flip one of us off, thats the best way for us to find you, cuz then we'll chase ya down!

Ricky
03-05-2008, 10:23 PM
^ haha

RWSZ71
03-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Haha yeah if you guys could keep up lol. Not a big fan of flippin ppl off, especially if I don't know em. Now that I know what a few of these bikes look like I'll know who is out riding. I ride the loud red ZZR with a yellow helmet, can't miss it. Btw nice R6.

Ricky
03-06-2008, 12:28 PM
sweet! i should be one it when ever it warm and not raining so ill keep an eye out and give you the ol biker wave.

Drifte
03-06-2008, 04:48 PM
haha oh yea we gotta keep up. get familiar v :butthead:

Ricky
03-06-2008, 10:37 PM
i dont get it?

ZacFields
03-06-2008, 11:47 PM

Oooo, ooooo I did! :butthead:

Were you on the 250 cruiser or 125 enduro Zac?

To those of you taking the class ride the 125, it may be old and ugly but it makes the tests sooooo much easier.

I was on the 250 cruiser because they had one that was the exact same color as my bike, and it was a Suzuki to boot. It looked just like a mini version of my bike.

Yeah I agree, use the 125. They're smaller and much easier to maneuver. If I could do it again I'd use that one. I was so far ahead of most people in my class since I'd been riding with my dad for about a month that I thought I'd be tough shit and use one of the bigger bikes. :banghead:

Drifte
03-07-2008, 12:05 AM
i dont get it?
It means get used to seeing my back bumper haha. its a joke.

Ricky
03-07-2008, 06:18 AM
i dont get it?

smart ass

TbTalon94
03-07-2008, 07:47 AM
i dont get it?

smart ass

lol wow i can't believe you missed that one

Ricky
03-07-2008, 09:10 AM
i hate you.

Drifte
03-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I have enough love to take care of your hate.

btw, i was surprised you didnt catch it either.

Ricky
03-07-2008, 01:10 PM
I have enough love to take care of your hate.

btw, i was surprised you didnt catch it either.

now that i re look at it i really should have got it. I have shamed you all :(

Drifte
03-07-2008, 01:36 PM
na just you. its coo

:bigthumb:

Ricky
03-08-2008, 07:57 AM
i need to put my mirrors on still. maybe you can help me colton.

Ricky
03-15-2008, 07:43 AM
me and zac took the bikes out today and it was a blast. we rode for 4 hours and went 60 miles. just getting out there and driving it around all ready taught me so much. cant wait to get out there and do it again.

ZacFields
03-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Plus watching the grandmaster ride probably didn't hurt your learning experience at all ;)

Yeah I had a great time yesterday. If you think that was fun, Eric, wait until it gets warm enough that we don't have to wear 2 layers of pants and 3 coats and 2 pairs of gloves to ride! Yesterday was great, but we haven't even started the "real" riding yet.

Real riding is on a warm 70+ degree day when you can wear jeans and a short sleeve shirt, and wear sunglasses instead of a helmet. Yeah I know I preach safety all the time but on a nice summer day sometimes you've just got to break a few of the rules. You'll start cruising at about 30-35mph like this down a small residential road, and it'll be at that exact moment that you'll love riding your bike the most.

Drifte
03-15-2008, 12:52 PM
^ ive tried that. But I decided I like my bike the most when im driving it sideways or on one wheel. :)

RWSZ71
03-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Don't crash, it hurts.
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v77/108/48/510129344/n510129344_61393_5773.jpg

ZacFields
03-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Yuck!!!!

Hopefully that was the only major damage done to yourself there. What happened? Take a wheelie too far or something unavoidable like hitting a deer?

RWSZ71
03-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah my discretion kept me from posting the picture of my knee. Front tire came out from under me taking a curve at 50 or so. Totalled the bike. Ride safely all. Anyway, what kinda mirrors are you putting on the R6?

RandomHero
03-15-2008, 08:32 PM
my bro is still recovering from his moto wreck from back in august. and will be for the next 5 years probably.

haha safty psh 140 at dust, tee shirt, sunglasses and hat. i got my ass handed to me by my buddys ZX9.

Drifte
03-15-2008, 11:17 PM
140, ill hand you your ass in my car :)

Ricky
03-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Yeah my discretion kept me from posting the picture of my knee. Front tire came out from under me taking a curve at 50 or so. Totaled the bike. Ride safely all. Anyway, what kinda mirrors are you putting on the R6?

stock mirrors. i put them on the night before me and zac went out. It is a bitch working with carbon fiber. It took a little over an hour to bolt on two mirrors... but it was 30 minutes of measuring and eye balling to make sure it is going to be right the first time. Im glad i took my time to put them on cuz it worked out perfect and looks great.

so zac.... what u doing Sunday :)

ZacFields
03-16-2008, 12:36 AM
If it's nice out Sunday we can definitely ride. Text me and we'll discuss. I have to work at 3:30pm on Sunday but I can ride for a little bit before that. Probably not 4 hours like Friday though. lol.

RandomHero
03-16-2008, 12:37 AM
140, ill hand you your ass in my car :)
i would hope so. the fastest thing i own now is a chuck of lard that does 110. :)

i miss you Colt.

Ricky
03-16-2008, 09:02 AM
i miss you Colt.

dude, WTF?

NO man shall ever say he misses another man! is there more going on in your guys apartment...like butt sex?

Ricky
04-11-2008, 11:11 AM
just posting up a sig no need to reply

Drifte
04-18-2008, 08:53 PM
reply.

I feel really left out not havin a bike right now. But oooh well.

Ricky
04-19-2008, 09:15 AM
you have a girl friend... ride her.

i wish you did have one they are a blast and with gas going up like it is, it saves quite a bit of money too.

Drifte
04-19-2008, 09:52 AM
ha you said girlfriend. Your so afraid of the title im surprised you said it yourself! man I hooked you up with a good one (ok you did most of the work), the least you can do is claim her!

Ricky
04-19-2008, 10:04 AM
i dont want a girlfriend :( i dont want to deal with the shit that will come with girlfriends and dont want to make time for anyone just go with the flow and see where stuff takes me.

RWSZ71
04-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Ride the bike enough and you'll have plenty of girlfriends, er girls that wanna ride, ugh right

RandomHero
04-20-2008, 12:39 AM
i dont want a girlfriend :( i dont want to deal with the shit that will come with girlfriends and dont want to make time for anyone just go with the flow and see where stuff takes me.
good prospect. plus long distance never works.

Domestic Disturbance
04-20-2008, 10:57 AM
plus expensive. theres better things to put money into, like cars

DustinsDuster
04-20-2008, 08:37 PM
i saw this on ebaums, and im pretty sure it went something like this:

Girls are a lot of time and money; therefore:

Girls = time x money

Time is money, therefore:

Girls = money x money, or girls = money 2 (squared)

Money is the root of all problems, therefore:

money2(squared) = square root of problems = girls

squared and square root cancel eachother out, so....

girls = problems

Ricky
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
amazing

Domestic Disturbance
04-21-2008, 01:27 AM
haha saw that awhile ago. classic