PDA

View Full Version : My car video from last year

slo4cyl
02-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY-UlLlK1Vo

DustinsDuster
02-26-2008, 10:36 PM
i was always curious what all was done to your car; it looks pretty damn mean.

but i have to ask; how come no races from a dig?

TbTalon94
02-27-2008, 07:27 AM
He probably didn't want to break it. Making that kind of power everything has to be in pretty good shape to not break.

btw i think Vic was only running 22psi that day, he went to the track the next day and we couldn't get his boost above 24 because of his Greddy boost controller.

Why didn't you ever run race gas and more boost?

RandomHero
02-27-2008, 10:44 AM
i see you figured out Windows Movie Maker. Looks good.

RandomHero
02-27-2008, 10:49 AM
and the wheels look amazing. :goodman:

Drifte
02-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Why didn't you ever run race gas and more boost?

^I believe that was saved for this year.

Love the ending song. cant wait to see this summers updates.

JacobS
02-27-2008, 12:33 PM
all of those runs were done on a stock transmission. thats why they were from a roll. i also believe he didnt have 2-step hooked up yet...

Drifte
02-27-2008, 12:38 PM
all of those runs were done on a stock transmission. thats why they were from a roll. i also believe he didnt have 2-step hooked up yet...
have we met?

TbTalon94
02-27-2008, 01:00 PM
prob not ^^, he's a little guy that does a lot of the filming. Hangs around the streetpsi crew.

Jappbox
02-27-2008, 03:40 PM
yup stock tranny that was messed up to begin with, missed 3rd alot... no races from a dig because of that... he didnt run race gas in it cause (the car) was not ready for that type of power. were talking 200whp gains... it was not ready, maybe this year it will be ready with a few other tricks. it should be a killer on just 93 octane.

slo4cyl
02-27-2008, 05:04 PM
i was always curious what all was done to your car; it looks pretty damn mean.

but i have to ask; how come no races from a dig?

we actually didn't get my 2 step workin till the night i raced vic, i raced a mustang from dig after i got my first transmission, got no traction, welded second gear to the shaft, and coasted to the end and still won :)

amoander
02-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Ouch makin me look bad lol. Pulled all over me. Watching that video makes me really really wish spring was here and i am tired of this crappy weather. It is sad when 32 degrees starts to feel warm.

DustinsDuster
02-27-2008, 08:44 PM
sounds like your luck is better than mine; it seems i never win street races...

RandomHero
02-27-2008, 09:59 PM
whatever Dustin you keep telling yourself that.

DustinsDuster
02-27-2008, 11:10 PM
it's true; years ago, i raced DiamondStarMotor's Eclipse, i lost(my car was having problems). i raced Trent, i lost. i raced Russian Alex, i lost. i raced Deimos, i lost. i raced Jesse, i lost twice. i raced Amoander, i won once, lost once. i raced Rob, and lost.

the truth is, i usually wont race a car that has no chance of beating me; thats usually why i lose.

Drifte
02-28-2008, 07:57 AM
dusters not going to be out this summer though is it? I was gonna say if I get my parts list full filled we can go at it.

TbTalon94
02-28-2008, 08:16 AM
dusters not going to be out this summer though is it? I was gonna say if I get my parts list full filled we can go at it.

Not before WE go at it first :neener:

DustinsDuster
02-28-2008, 09:31 AM
no, if i can even get it completely disassembled and put on a rotisserie this year, i'll be really psyched. honestly, i doubt it will even see the street in 2009 in all reality. its fine though, i should have other toys to keep me busy, and i dont mind waiting for it considering what i want out of it. if i can run within a half second of Scott eventually, i will be pretty psyched. it's a tall order, but it's something to shoot for.

slo4cyl
02-28-2008, 11:23 AM

we gonna go at it this spring since we never got a chance last fall?

JacobS
02-28-2008, 11:45 AM
have we met?

probably not. im only 18. last year i drove around in a grand am. but this year ill be in a 98 civic. I usually do a lot of the picture taking/video. a lot of the pictures on the streetpsi videos are mine.

why do you ask?

RandomHero
02-28-2008, 12:01 PM
it's true; years ago, i raced DiamondStarMotor's Eclipse, i lost(my car was having problems). i raced Trent, i lost. i raced Russian Alex, i lost. i raced Deimos, i lost. i raced Jesse, i lost twice. i raced Amoander, i won once, lost once. i raced Rob, and lost.

the truth is, i usually wont race a car that has no chance of beating me; thats usually why i lose.

i remember a few occations where you were the fastest there hands down. I think you beat Jesses talon, Bobs talon i think you and me ran for kicks and i ran Bob for kicks. But i know you have won quite a few.

DustinsDuster
02-28-2008, 12:24 PM
yeah, i guess i did beat Bob a couple times. that was in November too! i have no heat in my car, so i was just driving in my carhartt and gloves. good thing my car had no carpet or insulation; the heat from the engine and exhaust helped make it a slightly warmer ride.

i cant remember if i ever raced Jesse's talon though; at least not the Jesse i am thinking of.

DustinsDuster
02-28-2008, 12:50 PM
i do have to admit probably one of my fondest racing memories was the night i raced Jesse's Evo. the first race we did, i was all ancy and jumped on him. the race was super close, but im pretty sure he managed to get about a fender past me in the end. i knew i jumped, so i went back to line up again. when i got back, one of the kid's in the "Evo crew" came up to my window and said "this fucker is FAST!". i could tell my rust bucket fooled all of those kids and most of them probably thought Jesse was just going to wipe the floor with me. we raced again and at an even start, i think Jesse ended up getting about a car on me. damn fun race though.

that was also the first time i ever actually got to talk to Jesse in person and realized he was actually pretty cool, there was just an army of kids around him that talked so much shit on his behalf, it started to look bad on him.

either way, good memories.

TbTalon94
02-28-2008, 12:57 PM

we gonna go at it this spring since we never got a chance last fall?

Yea sure I'm game. You'll have the upper hand being built motor, lighter and AEM, but it's all good. I could care less if I lose. It's just fun.

p.s, we goin from a roll cuz i've still got a stock tranny and don't plan to upgrade it anytime soon.

slo4cyl
02-28-2008, 04:50 PM
i do have to admit probably one of my fondest racing memories was the night i raced Jesse's Evo. the first race we did, i was all ancy and jumped on him. the race was super close, but im pretty sure he managed to get about a fender past me in the end. i knew i jumped, so i went back to line up again. when i got back, one of the kid's in the "Evo crew" came up to my window and said "this fucker is FAST!". i could tell my rust bucket fooled all of those kids and most of them probably thought Jesse was just going to wipe the floor with me. we raced again and at an even start, i think Jesse ended up getting about a car on me. damn fun race though.

that was also the first time i ever actually got to talk to Jesse in person and realized he was actually pretty cool, there was just an army of kids around him that talked so much shit on his behalf, it started to look bad on him.

either way, good memories.

i know exactly who came to your window just by what you said. lol

slo4cyl
02-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Yea sure I'm game. You'll have the upper hand being built motor, lighter and AEM, but it's all good. I could care less if I lose. It's just fun.

p.s, we goin from a roll cuz i've still got a stock tranny and don't plan to upgrade it anytime soon.

yeah we can do a roll i don't care

Drifte
02-28-2008, 06:40 PM
have we met?

probably not. im only 18. last year i drove around in a grand am. but this year ill be in a 98 civic. I usually do a lot of the picture taking/video. a lot of the pictures on the streetpsi videos are mine.

why do you ask?

just curious.

Drifte
02-28-2008, 06:42 PM

oh little ol' 20g and the 35 ey. Why not just make it 3 wide and ill join the 35r too?!

and just to save gas here how it goes: slow4cyl then tbtalon, then, eventually...me. maybe.

amoander
02-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Hey Dustin if you feel the need to feed the car addiction since your car will be down for a while give me a buzz. Since I hadn't had my car in a while Rob was nice enough to let me have a taste of horsepower in his. Thanks again Rob it always helps when you are dying to get into something fast (granted my car won't be and isn't going to be a 9, 10 or 11 second car lol).

slo4cyl
03-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Hey Dustin if you feel the need to feed the car addiction since your car will be down for a while give me a buzz. Since I hadn't had my car in a while Rob was nice enough to let me have a taste of horsepower in his. Thanks again Rob it always helps when you are dying to get into something fast (granted my car won't be and isn't going to be a 9, 10 or 11 second car lol).

is your car gonna be out this spring?

amoander
03-01-2008, 02:22 PM
The GT will be, its together and all just havn't had the tuning completed. Can't really do any tuning in the area (at least people i trust) because it would require a huge garage. Most shops have the dyno in medium size shops where the doors must be opened to allow air in. Not a good idea to tune with possible period flowing of 30 degree air coming in (really messes with MAF). Can really mess up a tune. Part throttle tuning is done.

DustinsDuster
03-01-2008, 03:53 PM
i'll call you up some time, i'll roll around with you some night.

Drifte
03-03-2008, 12:15 PM
and ill beat you up.

I want to make a sweet overly dramatic car vid like the old turbo dreams ones.

slo4cyl
03-03-2008, 07:47 PM
and ill beat you up.

I want to make a sweet overly dramatic car vid like the old turbo dreams ones.

i could help you out with that video :yawinkle:

Drifte
03-03-2008, 09:00 PM
i have a friend at iowa whos a video major :)

slo4cyl
03-03-2008, 09:05 PM
i have a friend at iowa whos a video major :)

im talkin about footage if you need some 8)

Drifte
03-04-2008, 08:33 AM
ooh yea. need to get all kinds of good stuff gathered up.

JustinS
03-04-2008, 11:56 AM
just curious.

That's my skinny white boy brother Colton. lol, he's my mini-me.

Ricky
03-04-2008, 01:17 PM

oh little ol' 20g and the 35 ey. Why not just make it 3 wide and ill join the 35r too?!

and just to save gas here how it goes: slow4cyl then tbtalon, then, eventually...me. maybe.

If we go 4 wide then you wouldn't be last colton :)

DustinsDuster
03-04-2008, 03:27 PM
just curious on what is still done to Colton's car. last i heard, Sully was going to take it back to mostly stock and try to sell it for cheaper.

RandomHero
03-04-2008, 03:41 PM
just curious on what is still done to Colton's car. last i heard, Sully was going to take it back to mostly stock and try to sell it for cheaper.
he did bring it back to pretty much stock but the price never went down