PDA

View Full Version : My new baby!

foxsgurl
02-24-2008, 11:03 PM
So I know this may be kinda dumb to all of you guys but idc...Im still really excited about getting my car! So I had gotten into an accident (itll be 2 weeks ago this wednesday) and totalled my car. The estimator said that it would be like $4000-4500 to fix b/c i think that there was a lot of engine damage. So my dad and mom, being the rockstars that they are, decided to get me a car...A FRIGGIN' 05 CAVALIER! I was totally thinking they would just get me like an $800 car and just say fuck it. But no, they had to make me feel like a bum and get me a NEW one. There are more buttons and dings and beeps that I dont know what to do with. Oh and believe me...I am in no way spoiled. They bought the car for me b/c i have no credit so I have to pay them back. Im already in debt anyway...so its not one of those "Mommy and Daddy bought my car...I dont have to pay them back b/c im spoiled." Nope I have to work my ASS OFF for this one. I think that at least 1 week this summer I am designated bitch at home. Oh well I love it to pieces. Here is all I know about it...Brett I think knows the rest.

*White w/ black interior
*4 dr
*4 cyl
*auto everything
*Keyless entry
*AWESOME SOUND and radio
*great gas mileage (I think my dad said 32 highway)
*dings when you start it
*beeps when you leave the headlights on...now brett should know to turn them OFF...in 2 months when i let him drive it! :neener:
*lots of room
*quite

and that is all i know...not very good but it has the normal stuff...I may add some cosmetic stuff to it but idk yet

Domestic Disturbance
02-25-2008, 05:41 AM
*lots of room

in a cavalier?..

DustinsDuster
02-25-2008, 06:11 AM
congrats on the car.

Talon92Fox
02-25-2008, 10:24 AM
*lots of room

in a cavalier?..
I'll make an addition to that, lots of room FOR a Cavalier.

ZacFields
02-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Nice! Thos '05 Cavaliers look good. I believe that is also the last year that they made the Cavalier. Congrats.

foxsgurl
02-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Well I think that they may have ended with 06 im not too sure tho. One of my friends from high school said that he had gotten one when it was brand new but who knows...i dont keep track

slobalt
02-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Congrats on the car. I've always liked the Cavaliers. We went looking for a Cavalier when we bought the 05 Cobalt. The dealer said they had already sold the last of them and introduced us to the Cobalt.

Stutz
02-26-2008, 12:19 PM
It would have been better if your parents would have just cosigned a loan with you so you could build some credit.

ZacFields
02-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Eh, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

Free car is better than having to pay for a car, for sure. If she wanted to be super cool and use this to her advantage, she could find out how much a 5 year loan would cost for this car and open up a savings account for herself and just transfer that much money to it every month. Then by the end of the "would-be" 5 year loan, she'd have the full value of the car plus interest in a savings account. Then she'd be able to pay for her next car straight up in cash. Then her parents would have the satisfaction of knowing that their good deed helped their daughter build a very strong financial foundation. :)

Sorry, I've been reading WAY too many finance books lately. The most recent one I read is called "Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey. http://www.totalmoneymakeover.com/ His book is simply amazing. It's just a very basic book on sound money management, but the things he suggests will blow your mind at times, but he's 100% correct. He advocates purchasing all of your vehicles in cash, and only purchasing your first home on credit. Your second homes and all of them thereafter, he says, should be purchased in cash. If you do the math, you save a ridiculous amount of money that way. It's basic basic stuff, though, but I bet most people would never have thought of a lot of the things he says.

Sorry to go off-topic. Just had to share the greatness of that book with everyone.

foxsgurl
02-26-2008, 11:02 PM
That is not a bad idea. Its not like im not paying for the car anyway. I have to make payments to them anyway. Not regular ones like you would at a bank but payments none the less. Basically when i get some money that i have more then enough, I can put some in their direction!

Stutz
02-27-2008, 01:27 AM
I have only paid for cars and car parts in cash, but it kinda explains why i never have anything that i want :(

Drifte
02-27-2008, 03:15 PM
^ dont feel to bad thats the only way i play. Tricky arent you from North English? I have some friends and family their I wonder if you know any....like belinghousin's.