PDA

View Full Version : well THERE'S the problem.

DustinsDuster
02-24-2008, 08:03 PM
so i finally got around to changing all my shocks and the idler arm in my truck today. i had a feeling they were going bad as riding around on the rough roads was almost unbarable.

well, long story short, i think i figured out why the ride was so bumpy; i'll let the pic and video do the talking:

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/2/5421461457.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7735308)
Click here to watch MVI-4221 (http://media.putfile.com/MVI-4221)

god damn i love winter and what it does to our roads, anyone else feel the same?

Drifte
02-24-2008, 08:31 PM
i live in cedar falls right off of university. almost every where i need to go, is on university. But I literally cannot drive down it its in such bad shape. Im pretty sure I will need atleast struts this summer. My girlfriends alero sounds like a strut died. And I can only hope I dont get any more flat tires or need balljoints.

RandomHero
02-24-2008, 08:53 PM
i can vouch for University. my brand new car makes weird noises now. they never made these noises when i lived in CR but in the 2 months ive been up here my car has taken a huge toll from this road.

TbTalon94
02-24-2008, 09:55 PM
the roads aren't much better down here guys. The snow/ice kinda cleared and left behind big ass potholes everywhere else.

black88gt
02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
university is DEATH. even at like 20 it still feels like your teeth are going to rattle out of your skull. i avoid that road as much as possible, at least the bad section.

RandomHero
02-24-2008, 11:13 PM
bad part = almost the entire thing

black88gt, you live in cedar falls?

DiamondStarMotors
02-25-2008, 07:22 AM
god damn i love winter and what it does to our roads, anyone else feel the same?

you been on 7th ave around the curve by zimmerman hodak in the right lane going towards 10th st. in marion..? jesus christ.. or blairsferry rd from 8th ave down to 7th ave past the old audio room towards thomas park.. road is worthless.. and mcgowan off 10th st in marion.. wonderful roads..

black88gt
02-25-2008, 11:19 AM

ya i go to uni

Drifte
02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
im gonna be in cr here soon, maybe this weekend. ill find out real quick where the bad spots are.

Ricky
02-25-2008, 11:47 PM
i think i blew a front strut on my WRX this winter cuz of the pot holed roles.

TbTalon94
02-26-2008, 08:14 AM
warranty ^^

slobalt
02-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Yep, y'alls roads are a bit bumpy during the winter, with the pot holes and ice build up, glad I got my truck for this time of the year. Sure miss driving the car though.

Saw some dude in a Corvette looking at the front of his car. As I drove by I saw his left front tire was stuck in a pot hole and the rear tires were just spinning on the ice,........ with nobody inside his car......

RandomHero
02-26-2008, 02:04 PM

ya i go to uni
oh badass, me and Drifte also go to UNI.

DustinsDuster
02-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Saw some dude in a Corvette looking at the front of his car. As I drove by I saw his left front tire was stuck in a pot hole and the rear tires were just spinning on the ice,........ with nobody inside his car......

well i think you'll be hard pressed to find someone who will argue the fact that many Corvette owners are rich; not necessarily smart...

black88gt
02-26-2008, 08:36 PM

ya i go to uni
oh badass, me and Drifte also go to UNI.

thats cool. what you guys majoring in? now that i think about it drifte might be in my japan class. forgot you went there. drifte you have japan at 9:30 on TTh?

Ricky
02-26-2008, 10:45 PM
i know he has a japan class! Dont know what time.

RandomHero
02-26-2008, 11:02 PM
yes you are in his Japan class. He and his g/f are both in that class. My major, his major and his g/f's major are all graphic communications. I just transfered up here this semester.

TbTalon94
02-27-2008, 07:33 AM
Japan class?

RandomHero
02-27-2008, 10:51 AM
History of Non European Cultures

black88gt
02-27-2008, 11:01 AM
yes you are in his Japan class. He and his g/f are both in that class. My major, his major and his g/f's major are all graphic communications. I just transfered up here this semester.

ok ya he sits in the back corner. ask him about our teacher, he's goofy.

Drifte
02-27-2008, 12:43 PM

lol. thats always me in the back corner of any class. How did you know who I was!?
its cool to have a german teach our japan class, i understand about half of it.

its a "non-western culture" class.

black88gt
02-27-2008, 08:06 PM

lol. thats always me in the back corner of any class. How did you know who I was!?
its cool to have a german teach our japan class, i understand about half of it.

its a "non-western culture" class.

i just now put 2 and 2 together with you going to uni and there being a krumm in my class. thought for a sec when he was calling out names to hand out papers.

Drifte
02-27-2008, 09:01 PM
good point. who are you in their? are you the guy with the laptop and trench coat. if so, we need to end this here...
jk

DustinsDuster
02-27-2008, 11:11 PM
so yeah, the roads are pretty bad...

black88gt
02-27-2008, 11:52 PM
good point. who are you in their? are you the guy with the laptop and trench coat. if so, we need to end this here...
jk

haha nah i sit on the aisle, opposite side of the room from you sorta in the back. i just kinda sleep there and dont talk to anyone.

Domestic Disturbance
02-28-2008, 03:12 AM
jk

haha nah i sit on the aisle, opposite side of the room from you sorta in the back. i just kinda sleep there and dont talk to anyone.

He's the emo kid, black eye liner, cries a lot while murmuring poems of how the wicked and cruel world has left his soul tormented and lost in a world of heartless strangers. such is the pain of being a mustang owner :bigthumb:

Drifte
02-28-2008, 07:55 AM
^ made my day. now its off to a midterm in japan...its gonna suck.

btw, working for the newspaper I pick a little info on the road conditions and whats going to happen, for CF anyway. I had one of my headphones still in so I couldnt hear a lot. But Im going to see if I can get the details. Find out who might pay to replace 2 wheels, a couple tires, balljoints, and struts.

stangvortech
02-28-2008, 10:14 AM
I will be at UNI next year for sure, most likely living with black88gt.