PDA

View Full Version : People like this gives bikes bad names

Ricky
02-17-2008, 06:01 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b92e ... fb1283.htm (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b92e025f-143e-48b8-9bc2-990c00fb1283.htm)

JustinS
02-17-2008, 11:44 PM
And this is why you don't learn on a 600+cc sport bike with an artard for a teacher.

DustinsDuster
02-17-2008, 11:57 PM
actually, the first time i ever road a bike, it was my buddy's 650cc Hurricane, and i managed to do alright on it. i just kinda putted around a big parking lot, but i feel pretty confident i couldve gone around town on it...

Domestic Disturbance
02-18-2008, 12:06 AM
ya i learned on a 600. u just cant REV when ur taking off hahaha

amoander
02-18-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't trust myself on a bike, bikes a pretty easy to ride but what that idiot did makes me think he has never driven any vehicle with a manual.

ZacFields
02-18-2008, 11:25 AM
That dousche trying to tell him how to ride the bike is an idiot. Obviously the kid has never driven a manual vehicle before , which doesn't surprise me since there aren't very many of them around anymore, yet he gives him a 10-second explanation as if that's going to stick. He's learning how to do this on a sport-bike, of all things.

I guess it's a "cool" new fad to put the visor of your helmet on upside down now? If more sport-bike riders were normal like you (Eric and Justin) maybe there'd be a different opinion of them in the biking community.

Don't get me wrong: There's nothing wrong with sport-bikes. If you're responsible on them, wear the necessary protective gear, etc, you'll still be discriminated against by other bikers but at least you can show them through your personality and the way they see you driving that you're not like the majority of them.

The guys from this video are exactly what makes sport-bikes look bad. I'll admit that they look cool, but that's the extent of it for me. Just because your bike is cool doesn't mean you have to walk, talk, and act like a thug.

As for the "teacher" in this video, turn the visor on your helmet the right way, sit your own ass down on the bike, and SHOW him how to do it. My only regrets after watching this video is that the bike didn't launch itself into a lake because the "teacher" deserved anything he got after letting an inexperienced rider ride his bike without proper instruction.

Domestic Disturbance
02-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Don't get me wrong: There's nothing wrong with sport-bikes. If you're responsible on them, wear the necessary protective gear, etc, you'll still be discriminated against by other bikers but at least you can show them through your personality and the way they see you driving that you're not like the majority of them.

Sounds like you discriminate against them more than anyone on here. Sure there is a fair amount of retards on them, but you can say the same for many other things as well. I know many people with bikes, from Harley's to gixxsers, and none of them really seem to care who rides what. Its the same as all the retards that come out to advanced in the summer in their stupid ass cars and dick around and look like morons. I don't immediately go, 'oh, all cavaliers are gay now'. Hope I'm not being too harsh Zach, just trying to prove a point.

If someone loves to ride a bike, no matter what it is, they love to ride, and until they do something retarded you really shouldn't assume otherwise.

Ricky
02-18-2008, 01:38 PM

Sounds like you discriminate against them more than anyone on here. Sure there is a fair amount of retards on them, but you can say the same for many other things as well. I know many people with bikes, from Harley's to gixxsers, and none of them really seem to care who rides what. Its the same as all the retards that come out to advanced in the summer in their stupid ass cars and dick around and look like morons. I don't immediately go, 'oh, all cavaliers are gay now'. Hope I'm not being too harsh Zach, just trying to prove a point.

If someone loves to ride a bike, no matter what it is, they love to ride, and until they do something retarded you really shouldn't assume otherwise.

He isn't saying that they all are i think he was saying what your saying. But the truth is that a lot of people DO stereotype and most of the kids dieing on bike are on the sport bikes. He doesn't care who rides what just that they do it right and responsible. Im not going ride with people that are dumb on there bikes cuz i don't want to be associated with people like that either. I think we all lose respect for the dumb asses that drive there cars like they have something to prove. Not saying i dont' play a little in my car but i make sure i do it right.

JustinS
02-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Did you end up buying a bike Ricky?

Ricky
02-18-2008, 10:57 PM
I pick it up Saturday :)

ZacFields
02-19-2008, 01:57 AM

I'm not sure where you're coming from bro, but read Ricky's post if you're at all confused about what I'm saying. He ought to know, as we've known each other since we were little kids and been best buddies since middle school.

People do discriminate, and if you don't believe it then you can come out to a biker bar with me and tell people you're thinking about buying a bike but just can't decide whether to buy a sport-bike or a cruiser.

I can't discriminate because all my best friends from high school and guys I've known for quite a while like Justin are going out and buying sport-bikes. Heck, if that's what it takes to get them out cruising with me then that's cool with me. That doesn't mean I can't give them shit for their choice of bikes.

I'm still trying to find out where I can buy the boxes of cracker jacks big enough to get one of those things though :)

Ricky
02-19-2008, 08:11 AM
o its on now zac. you will be jealous when i have a little biker slut on the back.

JustinS
02-19-2008, 09:52 AM
You're such a punk Zac, haha.

RWSZ71
02-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Eh when you get on any bike you always assume a risk is present, only experience can make you a safer rider. Remember there are two types of riders, riders who have crashed and riders who are going to crash. Good luck to all.

ZacFields
02-19-2008, 08:30 PM
haha I've heard that saying too, but back when I was a teenager they told me there's 2 types of teenage drivers: Ones who have crashed and ones who will crash soon. Never happened to me.

They say if you're going to get in an accident on a bike, 70% of the time it's within your first 2 months of riding. That's why they stress a lot that you be very careful until you're completely under control of your bike, and even then you still need to be careful.

The biggest thing I've seen with sport bikes is the guys that think they have to copy what they see on TV. I could go to youtube and pull up 20 videos of bikers losing it while trying to do a wheelie at 50mph down the road.

I am getting the itch to ride though.... man it is killing me right now. It's just my luck that I buy a motorcycle in august and get to ride for just a couple months, and then we have one of the worst winters we've ever had in iowa. My buddies tell me there's usually at least a couple days between january and february that you can usually get the bike out and at least go for a short cruise with your leathers on. Hasn't happened this year.

JustinS
02-19-2008, 10:27 PM
I got the itch so bad that I go down to the parking garage for a bit just to sit on the bike. It's soo dusty, i want to take it out now!

ZacFields
02-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Yeah I try to start mine up and let it run for a few minutes as often as I can. It just sucks because it's crammed into my garage with my cavalier that I never drive anymore so to move it is a huge ordeal.

We'll all have to go cruising when it gets warm. I know quite a few people that ride bikes, both sport bikes and cruisers. We'll have to set something up.

Drifte
02-20-2008, 10:07 AM
you guys better be ready to keep up with some of my rides!

http://patrickweb.com/images/motorcycles/honda_1977_ct70_trailbike2%20(Large).jpg

^ thats my cruiser.

Domestic Disturbance
02-20-2008, 02:33 PM
is that a yoshimura exhaust i see? haha

RWSZ71
02-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Damn, I bet that thing moves. Yeah anyway gotta see some bikes out this spring for sure.

Ricky
02-20-2008, 10:24 PM
colton, get a new damn carb for that or rebuild that one and get that fucker running

ZacFields
02-20-2008, 10:47 PM
colton, get a new damn carb for that or rebuild that one and get that fucker running

Yeah and then come cruising with me and Eric and Justin this spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ricky
02-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Ill stay in 1st gear for ya colton :)